United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2018, 03:40 AM
Kangared

The reason Willian hasn’t played so much under @#%&!e is simple . Eden Hazard. Conte prefers a back 3 with wingbacks , not natural wingers so with Contes preference for a traditional number 9 Willians only real option is the free role Hazard occupies.
Age may or may not be an issue . We signed a 37 yr d who did OK. If we got 2 quality years out of him it would be a success.
Think it would be the end for Mata if we did sign him

Unread 22-05-2018, 05:14 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Fergie signing the odd experienced head is a bit different to Jose making his last 4 signings players around the 30 year age bracket
last 4 ? why are you making it up

Unread 22-05-2018, 07:08 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Conte prefers a back 3 with wingbacks , not natural wingers so with Contes preference for a traditional number 9 Willians only real option is the free role Hazard occupies.
Pedro has been his main competition in the other role behind the striker. They counter attacked well last year, with Hazard and Pedro given less responsibility to track back. This season I think he's rotated Willian and Pedro more frequently.

I think he's also looked to play an extra man in midfield a bit more, like on Saturday. Becomes a very defensive system then.

Unread 22-05-2018, 07:15 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Pedro has been his main competition in the other role behind the striker. They counter attacked well last year, with Hazard and Pedro given less responsibility to track back. This season I think he's rotated Willian and Pedro more frequently.

I think he's also looked to play an extra man in midfield a bit more, like on Saturday. Becomes a very defensive system then.
I had to laugh when Mourinho was moaning about them always playing defensively, yet he still set us up to nullify them. That told you everything about him as a manager, utter shithouse.

Unread 22-05-2018, 07:21 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I had to laugh when Mourinho was moaning about them always playing defensively,yet he still set us up to nullify them. That told you everything about him as a manager, utter shithouse.
His tactical summaries these days are depressing, going back to last season and his bragging about bypassing the midfield. Basically without Lukaku and Fellaini to compete for long balls and crosses, Chelsea's defensive organisation was too hard to break down.

Why always Lukaku? Because Rashford and Sanchez aren't as conducive to hoofball.

Unread 22-05-2018, 07:39 AM
Stickman

I rate him and that but would I £#%&! sign him, this is Man United ffs

Underwhelmian

Unread 22-05-2018, 08:05 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
last 4 ? why are you making it up
Pure accusing someone of making something up...

Christ almighty...

How did Gomes and Chong do on the final day of the season...

Unread 22-05-2018, 08:15 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Pure accusing someone of making something up...

Christ almighty...

How did Gomes and Chong do on the final day of the season...
gomes was injured chong was in holland with the youth team winning the tournament after beating real madrid in the final

Unread 06-06-2018, 11:59 AM
windy waffles

Said during a press conference that Fred had joined one of the best teams in the world.

Come and get me plea.

ON.

Unread 06-06-2018, 12:02 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Said during a press conference that Fred had joined one of the best teams in the world.
obviously he didnt watch much coverage of our games last season

Unread 06-06-2018, 02:09 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
obviously he didnt watch much coverage of our games last season
He was watching the fifth placed team instead.
Closed Thread