United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:36 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

30 year old who can't get a game for a team that finished 11 points behind us.

IN YOUR £#%&!ING FACE GUARDIOLA.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:36 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Still is a great player. Won their player of the year this season. Then left out for the last few games.

On.
Kanté was their player of the season?

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:38 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
He's a good player.

Why build for the long term if your not here for it.

I'd still buy Bale too.
Which is why we need to go with the sporting director model

You need the recruitment side of the club to think about the medium / long term as well as addressing the immediate issues with the squad

When Jose £#%&!s off (which will happen sooner rather than later) he's going to leave the next guy with a big re-building job on his hands

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:40 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Kanté was their player of the season?
Ey up, John Terry has logged in.

Quote:
The 29-year-old, who was voted the club's players' player of the season, was left out of the starting line-up for the 1-0 FA Cup final win over United - the fourth time he has been on the bench in the last five games
Sky Sports talking out of their arses, then.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:42 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Which is why we need to go with the sporting director model

You need the recruitment side of the club to think about the medium / long term as well as addressing the immediate issues with the squad

When Jose f***s off (which will happen sooner rather than later) he's going to leave the next guy with a big re-building job on his hands
Oh absolutely.

I did say the other day Bayern have just appointed a bloke who hasn't won anything because he fits the profile of the club, and that comes from the very top.

Pochettino, for example, fits the profile of United, sooner or later we'll appoint some in-between the board and manager. Even Arsenal have done it before we have.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Coracao

In another thread on here you have people saying that Jose has until Christmas and that next season is his last chance. And now we have people criticising him for the club being linked with a player who would considerably improve the balance of the side but criticism of it because it is viewed as a short-term transfer policy.

I wonder why.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:54 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Apparently there's a kid who plays for FC Goulash in Slovakia that's meant to be hot shit. Lets not bother with tried and tested professionals that we clearly need

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:55 AM
puressence

Hope he snaps his leg at the world cup

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:56 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Hope he snaps his leg at the world cup
We'd still probably offer him a contract.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He's far better than any option we've got on the right. And he can actually take a set piece. Win.
He is, but so are plenty of younger players out there.

Can't deny we need experience and in isolation, its a good signing, but I think we could do plenty better.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
In another thread on here you have people saying that Jose has until Christmas and that next season is his last chance. And now we have people criticising him for the club being linked with a player who would considerably improve the balance of the side but criticism of it because it is viewed as a short-term transfer policy.
And?

first of all, same people saying it?

secondly, i'm still back at And..

By acknowledging that you have no control over him managing the club, and that the club will probably sack him if next season is worse than this one, then you forfeit your right to call out his stupid decisions?

Unread 21-05-2018, 12:01 PM
andyroo

Not sure if he even would make us immediately better, trouble is we had our fingers burned with that reasoning on Sánchez, quality signing on paper but his immediate effect was more stifling than otherwise.

That Willian is no longer at the level he was two years ago, while still undoubtedly a good player... okay he has to have an immediate impact then or it's yet another wasted signing.

Matic might be a better comparison. Hopefully.

Unread 21-05-2018, 12:18 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
30 year old who can't get a game for a team that finished 11 points behind us.

IN YOUR f***ING FACE GUARDIOLA.

Unread 21-05-2018, 03:33 PM
red in cumbria

30 or not, he might actually improve us in the short term. Which is what our manager is likely to be most concerned about tbh.

Unread 21-05-2018, 04:16 PM
Cream

Knows already what mou wants from him.

Doubles his value to the club.

Matic worked out well enough. So will big Willy.

Unread 21-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
30 or not, he might actually improve us in the short term. Which is what our manager is likely to be most concerned about tbh.
I'm glad Fergie had the same mentality when he was trying to catch up Chelsea & Arsenal.

Signing 30 year olds like Rooney, Evra, Vidic, Saha, Carrick, Tevez etc.

Unread 21-05-2018, 04:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Like Sanchez.

Tbh I like the Alderweireld and Sandro links. This one feels a bit like safety as the priority.

Unread 21-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
I'm glad Fergie had the same mentality when he was trying to catch up Chelsea & Arsenal.

Signing 30 year olds like Rooney, Evra, Vidic, Saha, Carrick, Tevez etc.
Yeah thank god fergie didn't sign a load of shit post Ronaldo and hide behind the no value sign whilst City were stockpiling the quality players that are still the spine of their success today.

Unread 21-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah thank god fergie didn't sign a load of shit post Ronaldo and hide behind the no value sign whilst City were stockpiling the quality players that are still the spine of their success today.

As I said, was talking about when he was catching up 04 Arsenal and 05-06 Chelsea.

No idea what he was doing post 08 bar De Gea, but the first scenario is more similar to the one we're in now, and he didn't sign a bunch of about to be has beens to solve it.

Unread 21-05-2018, 04:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
As I said, was talking about when he was catching up 04 Arsenal and 05-06 Chelsea.

No idea what he was doing post 08 bar De Gea, but the first scenario is more similar to the one we're in now, and he didn't sign a bunch of about to be has beens to solve it.
So it's better to waste money on players who are shite and will never be any good than players who may be good for a couple of years.

Cool.
Closed Thread