Originally Posted by Clarkie
Depends how long Madrid keep Zidane
Depends how long Madrid stay in big ears

Unread 13-02-2018, 01:11 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
depends on how long we keep jose.
Honestly, I’d pay him off and bring in Poch if that’s what it took. I haven’t felt this stongly about a single player in a long time. Every time I see him play he impresses me, even when he’s not scoring. It’s rare you find a player that raises everyone else’s game -Keane was one- and they’re worth their weight in gold.

Unread 13-02-2018, 01:25 PM
guerreiro

Feel a lot happier if he got a chin reduction and if we’re going to be paying him £2m a week it’s a small sacrifice.

in fact, I’d be happy if we just got rid of Lukaku and got any other striker.

Unread 13-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Clarkie

Yep, let's pay off Jose, pay Levy a couple hundred million to sign Kane and their manager, as we go and leave our midfield and defence neglected once again...

Great idea.

Unread 13-02-2018, 02:49 PM
20 times

Quote:
Yep, let's pay off Jose, pay Levy a couple hundred million to sign Kane and their manager, as we go and leave our midfield and defence neglected once again...

Great idea.

Unread 13-02-2018, 03:25 PM
TheFatGoth

Why would him or Toby leave spurs?

Far more likely to win trophies at the New White Hart Lane than at OT tbh.

Unread 13-02-2018, 03:31 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Honestly, I’d pay him off and bring in Poch if that’s what it took. I haven’t felt this stongly about a single player in a long time. Every time I see him play he impresses me, even when he’s not scoring. It’s rare you find a player that raises everyone else’s game -Keane was one- and they’re worth their weight in gold.
I would stop sniffing that glue if I was you....... If he is like Keane in that he raises everyone else's game then how come Spurs are yet to come close to winning a trophy... In the last couple years that Kane has spent scoring goals and raising all his team-mates games we have won 3 trophies while Spurs with Super Harry Kane have won £#%&! all,

Unread 13-02-2018, 03:33 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:

Great idea.
We could always get Vertonghen, Dembele, Erikson and Alli too.

Unread 13-02-2018, 03:53 PM
Shade

Yeah, let's get rid of Mourinho and bring Pochettino in.

Pochettino will obviously turn the likes of Herrera, Bogbrush, Young, Blind, Carrick, The Scottish Player and Mata into playing fast, one-touch, dynamic attacking football; turn Valencia, Darmian and Rojo into wing masters; turn Smalling and Jones into the next Rio and Vidic; and make Lukaku into the next Drogba.

TL; DR: the shitc*** players are the problem.

Unread 13-02-2018, 03:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Yeah, let's get rid of Mourinho and bring Pochettino in.

Pochettino will obviously turn the likes of Herrera, Bogbrush, Young, Blind, Carrick, The Scottish Player and Mata into playing fast, one-touch, dynamic attacking football; turn Valencia, Darmian and Rojo into wing masters; turn Smalling and Jones into the next Rio and Vidic; and make Lukaku into the next Drogba.

TL; DR: the shitc*** players are the problem.

He’s done a good job with a bunch of slightly above average players at Spurs tbh....

Looks like he knows how to build and harness a team...

Unread 13-02-2018, 03:58 PM
Clarkie

Building a team is one thing, splashing hundreds of millions on a striker, a manager, whilst paying off our current manager, as we let the rest of the team suffer is another thing.

Cuckoo land.

Unread 13-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Seamus

he wont leave Spurs, you heard it here first

Unread 13-02-2018, 06:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He’s done a good job with a bunch of slightly above average players at Spurs tbh....

Still waiting for him to win something of course, how much longer?

Unread 13-02-2018, 06:33 PM
utd99

Quote:

Great idea.
Do you actually watch United? What do you think our biggest problem over the last four years has been?

We can slag Jones and Smalling off as much as we want, and with justification, but quite honestly they should be 3rd and 5th choice centre backs at best. The only reason they’re getting this much game time as it is is injury to Bailly and Rojo and Lindelof taking his merry time to adapt. Using wingers as full backs -still- is down to the manager, whether it be Van Gaal buying poorly or Mourinho buying none despite not trusting any of our current ones.

Our biggest problem by far is that we don’t score enough goals. In Fergie’s last year we were top scorers; now we are regularly outside the top five. In contrast we have been in the top two defensively Since VG’s last season; but stats shouldn’t even matter when our deficiencies should be clear as £#%&!ing day to anyone watching the games. Yeah we conceded a stupid one and lost at the weekend, but Newcastle are so shit we should still have won 4-1. In the old days we would have.

Even when we had Vidic and Ferdinand at the back we conceded goals from time to time. The difference is that back then we could make it up at the other end.

And as an aside, paying off Mourinho would not be my choice, but Pochettino is a good manager and Kane is the best number nine in Europe. My choice would be for Mourinho to find a way to get some cohesion and productivity out of what he has. And bring in Kane.

Unread 13-02-2018, 06:50 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

He's won nish with the best striker in europe, ably supported by the likes of Son, Alli and Erikson.

Even Blackburn managed a league title with Shearer up front.

Unread 13-02-2018, 06:56 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
I would stop sniffing that glue if I was you....... If he is like Keane in that he raises everyone else's game then how come Spurs are yet to come close to winning a trophy... In the last couple years that Kane has spent scoring goals and raising all his team-mates games we have won 3 trophies while Spurs with Super Harry Kane have won £#%&! all,
Why are people so obsessed with Spurs and trophies? It’s Spurs for £#%&!s sake.

Are they better now than they were when Pochettino took over? Yes. Are they the second best team in the country? Probably. Should they be? Not even close, especially considering they’re playing all their games away this season. Isn’t that enough to at least admit the fella is doing a good job there?

I’m really not sure what this deep aversion is to admitting what’s what.

Unread 13-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Do you actually watch United? What do you think our biggest problem over the last four years has been?

We can slag Jones and Smalling off as much as we want, and with justification, but quite honestly they should be 3rd and 5th choice centre backs at best. The only reason they’re getting this much game time as it is is injury to Bailly and Rojo and Lindelof taking his merry time to adapt. Using wingers as full backs -still- is down to the manager, whether it be Van Gaal buying poorly or Mourinho buying none despite not trusting any of our current ones.

Our biggest problem by far is that we don’t score enough goals. In Fergie’s last year we were top scorers; now we are regularly outside the top five. In contrast we have been in the top two defensively Since VG’s last season; but stats shouldn’t even matter when our deficiencies should be clear as f***ing day to anyone watching the games. Yeah we conceded a stupid one and lost at the weekend, but Newcastle are so shit we should still have won 4-1. In the old days we would have.

Even when we had Vidic and Ferdinand at the back we conceded goals from time to time. The difference is that back then we could make it up at the other end.

And as an aside, paying off Mourinho would not be my choice, but Pochettino is a good manager and Kane is the best number nine in Europe. My choice would be for Mourinho to find a way to get some cohesion and productivity out of what he has. And bring in Kane.
Yes, because we had Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Tevez, Berbatov and Nani...

Now, if going by what you originally said, as in blowing hundreds of millions on Harry Kane, a new manager and paying off the old one, who out of our current squad is going to be Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov etc?

And before you say, "Oh the Poch will turn them around" that's utter bullshit hearsay. You don't know that for a fact

Now, you say you want Mourinho to get cohesion out of them and blow whatever money he gets on Harry Kane?
The same players you want cohesion out of, the vast majority of this board were saying weren't good enough just 24 hours ago?

I'd love Harry Kane at this club but, not at the expense of improving other areas that are an absolute must! I've seen enough episodes of the adventures of Chris and Phil ffs

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Are they better now than they were when Pochettino took over? Yes. Are they the second best team in the country? Probably. Should they be? Not even close, especially considering they’re playing all their games away this season. Isn’t that enough to at least admit the fella is doing a good job there?

Because, ultimately, the teams that are remembered are the ones that win stuff. It really is that simple.

Nobody denies that Poch has done a good job there. If they are that great, though, they surely have to win *something* before too long. That isn't an unreasonable position IMO.

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Spot on......
Closed Thread