United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2011, 03:30 PM
carlosartorial

Default Re: The Most Crushed at a game

Various times outside OT - night matches always seemed to be worse. Lifted off the ground plenty of times but was never paticularly scared.
Lepping Lane Feb 89 - oft mentioned but really was an accident waiting to happen
Porto 97 was really bad
Remember Monaco away in 98 being chaos as well.

Unread 12-01-2011, 03:40 PM
believe

Porto away 97 and Stuttgart in 2000(1) are times I look back and think scary thoughts because I was extremely pissed at the time and never realised how bad it was.

I also remember West Ham in 92 at OT being a game when people started to panic in the Stretford End. I think the average attendance that season was about 44000 but for some reason that day the Stretty kept on filling up. I think the attendance was about 48000 but it was tight I tell thee.

Unread 12-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Whip Hubley

Angry Re: The Most Crushed at a game

Well I went to the theatre of dreams for the first time ever last week, I was pretty gutted at the price of a double decker duo

Unread 12-01-2011, 03:50 PM
FannyBanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Well I went to the theatre of dreams for the first time ever last week, I was pretty gutted at the price of a double decker duo
someone bad rep him 'cause i can't

Unread 12-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by FannyBanter
someone bad rep him 'cause i can't
you shouldn't have been a bad boy then

Unread 12-01-2011, 03:57 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Lepping Lane Feb 89 - oft mentioned but really was an accident waiting to .
I was in there, was only 9 haven't got a clue what my dad was thinking taking me there to be honest...........It was ace though, stood at the front and everytime united attacked me and a group of other little kids ran to the side out of the way as everyone when flying into the fences. Great game of chicken.
Think it was that game that we got there late and i got passed over everyones head to the front so i could see

Unread 12-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Sparky***

When somebody sat too close to the door in the executive box, forcing the man who was serving us dinner to press himself against my back, almost making me drop my watercress sandwich.

I can't remember who we were playing, might have been Saracens.

Unread 12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
When somebody sat too close to the door in the executive box, forcing the man who was serving us dinner to press himself against my back, almost making me drop my watercress sandwich.

This joke has been done more effectively 4 posts earlier sparky.

Keep up.

Unread 12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
This joke has been done more effectively 4 posts earlier sparky.

Keep up.
Joke?

Unread 12-01-2011, 04:04 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I thought it got quite hectic on them stadium tours all ex season ticket holders do?

Unread 12-01-2011, 04:09 PM
PaulParkers

Anfailed £#%&! knows the date but was 89 or 90; we lost 4-0

Most recently probs Porto (a) in their Dragon stadium. Hadnt even finished being built properly iirc. Crushed when the old bill locked us in there with their fans chucking bottles of beer/piss down on us from the mezzanine

Unread 12-01-2011, 04:12 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Anfailed £#%&! knows the date but was 89 or 90; we lost 4-0
Where was the crush that day? Utd end was all seater....unless you were in the kop ysb?

Unread 12-01-2011, 04:17 PM
HarkNowHear

Blackpool, 2nd div champions. Stretford Paddock was heaving as was the roof above the scoreboard end.

Luton away, cup 83. Our end was £#%&!ing stuffed, laugh a £#%&!ing minute

Forest away, cup in 81 (?) . Uncomfortably rammed. Wish Id stayed in their end and took a beating. ........Nah, maybe not

Unread 12-01-2011, 04:20 PM
TravellingRed

Porto 97
On the trams to the ground at the San Siro 2005(?)

Unread 12-01-2011, 04:28 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Where was the crush that day? Utd end was all seater....unless you were in the kop ysb?
On the way out. Was utter carnage and was my first away. Shit my pants but loved the adrenaline rush. Me Ma told my old man he wasn't allowed to take me to aways again and he didn't

Unread 12-01-2011, 04:37 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
Blackpool, 2nd div champions. Stretford Paddock was heaving as was the roof above the scoreboard end.

Luton away, cup 83. Our end was £#%&!ing stuffed, laugh a £#%&!ing minute

Forest away, cup in 81 (?) . Uncomfortably rammed. Wish Id stayed in their end and took a beating. ........Nah, maybe not
I got a lump of turf after the match

Unread 12-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Porto away 97 and Stuttgart in 2000(1) are times I look back and think scary thoughts because I was extremely pissed at the time and never realised how bad it was.

I also remember West Ham in 92 at OT being a game when people started to panic in the Stretford End. I think the average attendance that season was about 44000 but for some reason that day the Stretty kept on filling up. I think the attendance was about 48000 but it was tight I tell thee.
Was that the one where Giggs scored that volley? I remember that. I threw out my fist to express anger at the ref and punched the bloke in front on the back of the head. He turned round and it was the hardest looking bloke you could imagine, but he didn't know who'd done it so I casually stared at the pitch. I think I may have done a little poo though.

Unread 12-01-2011, 04:51 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Was that the one where Giggs scored that volley? I remember that. I threw out my fist to express anger at the ref and punched the bloke in front on the back of the head. He turned round and it was the hardest looking bloke you could imagine, but he didn't know who'd done it so I casually stared at the pitch. I think I may have done a little poo though.
You were alright mate, ginners may look mean but he's a @#%&!cat really.

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
You were alright mate, ginners may look mean but he's a @#%&!cat really.
Yeah but he had an iron in each hand.

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yeah but he had an iron in each hand.
Were they smiling?
Closed Thread