United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Sparky***

Default Wes Brown..

..It's a shame this contract nonsense has overshadowed his best ever season in a red shirt by a mile. His distribution may be suspect at times and his crossing nowhere near as good as neville's, but as an out-and-out defender, he has been excellent this season.

Unread 24-03-2008, 05:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Agreed.

Unread 24-03-2008, 05:03 PM
wiganste

But he's an orange headed @#%&! that has disgraced our shirt for refusing to sign a new deal. His last ever big contract.....

Unread 24-03-2008, 05:05 PM
waynes ear's

the fact he's levelled a few oppo players this season also adds to the fact he's had his best season in the shirt, also known as being "browned"

Unread 24-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Wez

It's never a 50/50 ball whenever he goes in for a challenge. He almost always seems to clatter some poor @#%&! every game

Browned - I like it

Unread 24-03-2008, 05:08 PM
MJ Ramone

Arjen Robben being 'Browned'

Unread 24-03-2008, 05:09 PM
wiganste

He should get this new deal imo. It's no co-incidence our defence has been superb this season with a settled 4 of Brown-Vidic-Rio-Evra.

Unread 24-03-2008, 05:15 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
He should get this new deal imo. It's no co-incidence our defence has been superb this season with a settled 4 of Brown-Vidic-Rio-Evra.
agreed! we are able to play paddy so much further forward when we've got wes-er-ley! with the 3 of wes rio and vida being so strong, and QUICK.

Unread 24-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Crumps

31 games in and we have only coceeded 15 goals. Some of our dummber forumistas would have you believe that tthis was in spite of Wesley too. I'd give Wes an extra 10 grand a week as long as he binned his agent.

Unread 24-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
It's never a 50/50 ball whenever he goes in for a challenge. He almost always seems to clatter some poor @#%&! every game

Browned - I like it
99/1 in Browns favour.
He's been brilliant this season showed by us having the best defence in the league.
I love all our back 4 especially Patrice.

Unread 24-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

He's been extremely solid. Has made more appearances than any other player in our squad too this year aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
31 games in and we have only coceeded 15 goals. Some of our dummber forumistas would have you believe that tthis was in spite of Wesley too. I'd give Wes an extra 10 grand a week as long as he binned his agent.

31 games in and we have scored 64 goals. Some of our dumber forumistas would have you believe that this was inspite of Ryan too.

Unread 24-03-2008, 06:22 PM
koppas

Very underrated player.

nft.

Unread 24-03-2008, 06:27 PM
el diablo

Liverpool being browned

Unread 24-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
He's been extremely solid. Has made more appearances than any other player in our squad too this year aswell.

31 games in and we have scored 64 goals. Some of our dumber forumistas would have you believe that this was inspite of Ryan too.

We scored more yesterday without him. Fact

Unread 25-03-2008, 07:11 AM
keano's love

I think his quality as a defender should be judged by 2 times yesterday when Babel left him for dead with a simple piece of skill. If not for rio, that would have been costly. can't wait for neville to get back in the team.

Unread 25-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

brown has a very similar style to Heinze, often jumps in a bit early but gives his all and is pretty solid, premier league class but not world class.

He's got a few decent seasons in him, will be interesting to see how it all works out, he's certainly not made it easy for the club with the performances he's put in this year, a couple of seasons ago he'd have been out on his arse, especially with the glazers at the club.

Unread 25-03-2008, 08:45 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
I think his quality as a defender should be judged by 2 times yesterday when Babel left him for dead with a simple piece of skill. If not for rio, that would have been costly. can't wait for neville to get back in the team.
FFS. Defenders get beat by pieces of skill in almost evey match. And is in not Rio's and Nemanja's job to cover the full backs if they get beat? (Just a side note - I reckon Evra gets beat more than Brown, but hey ho)

You're a clueless @#%&! Sharath. Check the league table and come back when you see the goals against column.

Brown has had an excellent season and it's no co-incidence our defence has been at it's most solid with this settled back 4.

Unread 25-03-2008, 09:33 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
brown has a very similar style to Heinze, often jumps in a bit early but gives his all and is pretty solid, premier league class but not world class.

He's got a few decent seasons in him, will be interesting to see how it all works out, he's certainly not made it easy for the club with the performances he's put in this year, a couple of seasons ago he'd have been out on his arse, especially with the glazers at the club.
probably the apt description.

Still I would have someone with better positional sense and technical ability.

Unread 25-03-2008, 10:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Anyone know why he was in that position for the opener?

Unread 25-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Anyone know why he was in that position for the opener?
if you watch it from the start the move begins with him winning the ball back from a poor Aurelio clearance, he gives it to Scholes and slowly keeps going, then once it heads to the corner flag with Roon chasing he seems to realise hes the only one heading for the box so just continues....

I had to find how it came about too as it all happens so quick at the game
Closed Thread