United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-08-2014, 11:06 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Does it? Is our squad great now then?
Our squad would be a hell of a lot better if we'd spent that 125 million better but instead we've wasted most of it on players who aren't good enough or players we didn't need

Unread 13-08-2014, 11:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Does it? Is our squad great now then?
It's not for want of money being spent is the point. Your ire is being misappropriated to some degree.

Unread 13-08-2014, 11:44 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Our squad would be a hell of a lot better if we'd spent that 125 million better but instead we've wasted most of it on players who aren't good enough or players we didn't need
In what way are mata, shaw and Herrera not good enough?

125 million, or whatever it is, is an headline figure. Other than Herrera, most of the money is likely still to be paid. The reason united take forever to get these deals done, and why they can't get deals done for top players unless the selling club has a gun held to its head in some way, is because of the way they want to structure the deals by paying so little up front. It doesn't tempt any selling club to part with a player they don't particularly want to part with.

This rojo guy. United wanting to pay 9 million up front, when the club claims to be loaded. I dread to think what they're offering up front for the likes of Vidal, di Maria, hummels etc. United are impotent.

Unread 14-08-2014, 12:01 AM
carlosartorial

Supreme giffage

Unread 16-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Jethro

I'd still like to see this handsome bastard arrive

Unread 16-08-2014, 08:07 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I'd still like to see this handsome bastard arrive

This Ashley Young at Lb experiement is going to end even more horribly than it did today.

Unread 16-08-2014, 08:12 PM
carlosartorial

Unread 16-08-2014, 08:14 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
[IMG]
This Ashley Young at Lb experiement is going to end even more horribly than it did today.
It's going to be talked about in years to come.

As is the great 3-5-2 revolution tbh...I give it a month, tops.

Unread 16-08-2014, 08:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

It's interesting, could be useful in certain circumstances, worth having up the sleeve, but no. 4-3-3 or a variation is the way. As is getting the players to enable the team to play it.

Unread 16-08-2014, 08:18 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's interesting, could be useful in certain circumstances, worth having up the sleeve, but no. 4-3-3 or a variation is the way. As is getting the players to enable the team to play it.
It's a nice idea but none of our current defenders have the brains or discipline to adapt. Evans maybe...the rest, no chance.

Unread 16-08-2014, 08:18 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

If an attacker like Di maria or cuadrado come, surely that's the end of 3-5-2.

We have 3 senior CBs, all injury prone. Are we really gonna get the two experienced top quality CBs we need to have the depth and quality to play 3 at the back this late in the window?

Think we'll revert to 4-3-3 and itll be for the better. Blind will be another midfielder way better than darren fletcher as well as cover for LB aka £#%&! ashley young.

Unread 16-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Summer Signing

No idea why this guy got such a good rep off the back of the world cup, he did ok nothing more.

The 2 highlights of his world cup for me though were 2 cross field 30 yard passes, I remember them as he missed his intended target by about 20 yards each time and kicked it straight out of play.

Unread 16-08-2014, 08:33 PM
MUFC One Love

United sign a player?

Unread 16-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Cream

Quote:
In what way are mata, shaw and Herrera not good enough?

125 million, or whatever it is, is an headline figure. Other than Herrera, most of the money is likely still to be paid. The reason united take forever to get these deals done, and why they can't get deals done for top players unless the selling club has a gun held to its head in some way, is because of the way they want to structure the deals by paying so little up front. It doesn't tempt any selling club to part with a player they don't particularly want to part with.

This rojo guy. United wanting to pay 9 million up front, when the club claims to be loaded. I dread to think what they're offering up front for the likes of Vidal, di Maria, hummels etc. United are impotent.
Agreed.

Unread 16-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Child of Darkness

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Signing
No idea why this guy got such a good rep off the back of the world cup, he did ok nothing more.

The 2 highlights of his world cup for me though were 2 cross field 30 yard passes, I remember them as he missed his intended target by about 20 yards each time and kicked it straight out of play.
Utter toilet

Unread 16-08-2014, 09:19 PM
CockOfTheNorth

Quote:

Unread 16-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Summer Signing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Utter toilet
Nope, honesty and not overhyped world cup nonsense which you seem to have subscribed to. The old "well everybody else is saying he's good so i'll have to agree", now that's utter toilet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c**kOfTheNorth
Oh, he did 1 great pass to go along with his other 2 highlights i previously mentioned. He was outshone in the Netherlands team by Vlaar, says a lot about his ability.

Unread 16-08-2014, 09:34 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Nope, honesty and not overhyped world cup nonsense which you seem to have subscribed to. The old "well everybody else is saying he's good so i'll have to agree", now that's utter toilet.

Oh, he did 1 great pass to go along with his other 2 highlights i previously mentioned. He was outshone in the Netherlands team by Vlaar, says a lot about his ability.
Yeah watch the Spain game you £#%&!ing bell sniff

Unread 16-08-2014, 09:34 PM
armchair

Quote:

He was brilliant versus spain

Unread 16-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Summer Signing

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Yeah watch the Spain game you £#%&!ing bell sniff
Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He was brilliant versus spain
The whole team were brilliant against Spain.
Closed Thread