United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:00 AM
borsuk

Default BENZEMA 30m: DOOM/HYSTERIA THREAD

the united bits are just insubstantial fluff but the quotes from aulas suggest he might be considering cashing in.

link

Quote:
UNITED KEEN ON BENZEMA

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas last night opened the door for Manchester United to make a £30million move for striker Karim Benzema.

Sir Alex Ferguson will be looking for a forward if Carlos Tevez rejects United’s offer to turn his loan move into a permanent deal.

Ferguson has kept tabs on highly-rated Benzema, above, for more than two years, having dinner with Aulas after one Lyon match.

Aulas said “Karim said he wants to stay. I don’t want to sell. So he’s here at 99 per cent.

“However, Kaka should not be leaving Milan and he will join Real Madrid. We have entered spiral madness. I am relaxed. I will not say Karim is untransferable.”

Benzema, who scored a penalty for France in their 1-0 win over Turkey last night, said: “If there is a huge offer and the chairman says I have to go, I would probably leave.

“But I will not go and see him and ask to leave. I am 21 years old and I will have time to play for another club.

“The clubs will carry on calling. Everyone is looking for forwards. But I am fine at Lyon.”

Tevez should inform United of his decision after Argentina’s World Cup qualifier next Wednesday, with Manchester City set to pounce if he decides to move on.

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:04 AM
dunk

Even if we, unbelievably, sign Benzema, once he proves himself in the PL and the latter stages of the CL the same tired old Real Madrid bullshit we are enduring now will rear it's ugly head, so what's the £#%&!ing point?

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Pop

He'll go to Barcelona.

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:07 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
He'll go to Barcelona.
Not if they sign Zlatan.

Milan, however, could have a fair amount of cash sloshing about and a rather large hole to fill.

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:09 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Even if we, unbelievably, sign Benzema, once he proves himself in the PL and the latter stages of the CL the same tired old Real Madrid bullshit we are enduring now will rear it's ugly head, so what's the £#%&!ing point?
We should just close the club now

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:10 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
We should just close the club now
No, it was Benzema's character and previous declarations I was having a pop at.

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:13 AM
borsuk

Quote:
why? ronnie is from portugal and sees himself as one of the glitterati. his style - the arrogance, the diving, the posing - is not typical english style, he has always struck me as a classic real player, tbh, but not every player is like that, nor is every player interested in going to madrid/la liga.

benzema might well not end up at ot but he's a very different kind of player. i think the premier league would suit him down to the ground, as it would ribery. I'm not sure la liga would to the same degree.

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:15 AM
MUFC One Love

Benzema is talented and I'm sure he'd do well at a big club, but £#%&! me you'd think he was the best striker ever and has proven himself on the big stage the way people go on about him. Before anyone starts moaning saying that I'm saying he's not good, I'm not saying that, but people are talking like £30m is a regular figure for him as if it's cheap for him or something.

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:18 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
why? ronnie is from portugal and sees himself as one of the glitterati. his style - the arrogance, the diving, the posing - is not typical english style, he has always struck me as a classic real player, tbh, but not every player is like that, nor is every player interested in going to madrid/la liga.

benzema might well not end up at ot but he's a very different kind of player. i think the premier league would suit him down to the ground, as it would ribery. I'm not sure la liga would to the same degree.
The same Benzema who has already stated his desire to play for Real and his doubts about playing in the PL? He's practically '@#%&!d' himself to Madrid since he scored his first Lyon goal.

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:40 AM
marlo

signing another striker with 11 months for £30m+??

dream on lads.

our big star striker is berbatov.

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:43 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

dream on lads.

You're £#%&!ing boring.

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:49 AM
marlo

Quote:
You're £#%&!ing boring.
you think we are going to sign another 'star striker'

a striker that is like rooney in the sense that he can't be benched every other week and must play more or less when fit?

you're in a dream world. we signed our 'big striker' and according to actim he is the best in the league so be happy with him.

even if ronaldo is sold he will be replaced with a wide player as we don't even have any at the club

and then the striker we will sign will be a 2nd rate one as we want to give berbatov and rooney time for their splendid partnership to form...

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:52 AM
dunk

I don't think we'll sign anyone of note.

But we all get it, YOU don't like Berbatov. Cease and desist telling us for £#%&!s sake.

Unread 06-06-2009, 11:07 AM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

dream on lads.

glad you realise it

Unread 06-06-2009, 11:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
glad you realise it
Although he realises it, I get the impression he doesn't necessarily think it's a good thing

Unread 06-06-2009, 11:31 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Although he realises it, I get the impression he doesn't necessarily think it's a good thing
he might if berbatov agreed to black himself up and wearing a bit of bling.

Unread 06-06-2009, 01:08 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Benzema is talented and I'm sure he'd do well at a big club, but £#%&! me you'd think he was the best striker ever and has proven himself on the big stage the way people go on about him. Before anyone starts moaning saying that I'm saying he's not good, I'm not saying that, but people are talking like £30m is a regular figure for him as if it's cheap for him or something.
i know what you mean but there are relatively few strikers around who offer the kind of combination of power, pace and finishing that he appears to. able to play on his own up front as well which, given the way most teams' tactics have gone over the last few years, is an important box to tick. and, of course, when you figure in his age and the fact he's likely not reached his peak you can understand the price.

Unread 06-06-2009, 01:20 PM
koppas

Unread 06-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i know what you mean but there are relatively few strikers around who offer the kind of combination of power, pace and finishing that he appears to. able to play on his own up front as well which, given the way most teams' tactics have gone over the last few years, is an important box to tick. and, of course, when you figure in his age and the fact he's likely not reached his peak you can understand the price.
He's a £#%&!ing great player already, tactically aware as well. His decision making & confidence are already showing to be rock solid. Of all the strikers out there, other than maybe Pato who's the more flamboyant south American type, he's the mst nailed on "sure thing" playing in Europe at the moment. I'd be gutted if he went to anyone else in England, let alone a CL rival.

Unread 06-06-2009, 02:27 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
He's a £#%&!ing great player already, tactically aware as well. His decision making & confidence are already showing to be rock solid. Of all the strikers out there, other than maybe Pato who's the more flamboyant south American type, he's the mst nailed on "sure thing" playing in Europe at the moment. I'd be gutted if he went to anyone else in England, let alone a CL rival.
Said it before, said it again, he is the closest thing to Ronaldo at Barcelona in the 1996/97 season. Fast, powerful, can beat players, loves running at them, defenders hate playing against him - he is £#%&!ing immense.
Closed Thread