United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Cantona's collar

I think the reason why some fans (including me) are not too concerned with the FA Cup or Europe is because winning the league this season will be more than any of us really expected, winning the league this season imho is an over achievement, anything more would be a major bonus but not winning the Treble will not dampen the euphoria of being champions again.

The position we are in now has been done with a bare bones squad, outside the first 11 there isn't any real quality bar one maybe two players, to be in a position to be on course for a Treble with only 10 games to go is a credit to the management team who have somehow go the best out of some players that most people wanted to see the back of last summer.

I want the League that is the most important, to lose out on the League but win Europe would not make up for it for me, i'd still be ecstatic don't get me wrong but for me its the League.

Unread 17-04-2007, 11:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Sir Matt would take the European Cup every time, and I think Fergie might too. Not sure myself, but winning the European Cup would be the only way to rescue the season if we did throw away the league

If we win the league, that's IT, WE are the best team in the country.

That's my point.The European Cup has been so devalued in my opinion.Porto and Liverpool have proved that for us.

Unread 17-04-2007, 11:53 PM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

That's my point.The European Cup has been so devalued in my opinion.Porto and Liverpool have proved that for us.
Add Milan as well. They scabbed it on penalties against Juventus

It's still a great trophy if won in the proper way

Unread 17-04-2007, 11:57 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin
Add Milan as well. They scabbed it on penalties against Juventus

It's still a great trophy if won in the proper way
Agreed.

Imagine if the Verm win it again though.What will THAT say about the competition?

If we win it as well as the league, it'll speak volumes.

Unread 17-04-2007, 11:58 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
I think the reason why some fans (including me) are not too concerned with the FA Cup or Europe is because winning the league this season will be more than any of us really expected, winning the league this season imho is an over achievement, anything more would be a major bonus but not winning the Treble will not dampen the euphoria of being champions again.

The position we are in now has been done with a bare bones squad, outside the first 11 there isn't any real quality bar one maybe two players, to be in a position to be on course for a Treble with only 10 games to go is a credit to the management team who have somehow go the best out of some players that most people wanted to see the back of last summer.

I want the League that is the most important, to lose out on the League but win Europe would not make up for it for me, i'd still be ecstatic don't get me wrong but for me its the League.
We always agree.

It's a bit gay, no?

Unread 17-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
We always agree.

It's a bit gay, no?
Its either great minds think alike or stupid is as stupid does, i'll leave you to decide.

Unread 18-04-2007, 12:00 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
Its either great minds think alike or stupid is as stupid does, i'll leave you to decide.
Harry and Lloyd?

Unread 18-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Harry and Lloyd?
[YOUTUBE]-xdzWuQDFro[/YOUTUBE]
Closed Thread