United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Rossi the Red

Thumbs up Fergie on lookout for new recruits

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he is already looking at potential new signings for next season.

Bayern Munich's Owen Hargreaves seems certain to complete a move to Old Trafford in the summer, while interest in Southampton's young full-back Gareth Bale could also be renewed.

In addition, it appears inevitable Ferguson will attempt to reinforce his striking options after yet another season of injury problems for Louis Saha, who performed so well at the start of the campaign following the exit of Ruud van Nistelrooy.

"I would hope to add a couple of players in the summer who will improve us," said the Scot.

"We are talking about that now. There won't be sweeping changes, maybe just one or two coming in who would have the talent to make a difference."

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:02 PM
dontfeedthescousers

A decent striker like Berbatov maybe.

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:06 PM
rebelcountyred

i think we need three players, hargreaves, someone to replace/understudy giggs and a striker, perhaps the striker coming in depends upon departures, smiffy or saha, you decide!

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:08 PM
dontfeedthescousers

Rossi will be coming back. he could make the grade. So could Dong, but I havent seen enough of him to judge yet.

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:12 PM
koppas

Will everyone stop going on about Giuseppe, £#%&!ing Rossi. He isn't going to make the grade ffs.

We need a PROVEN striker.

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:15 PM
ivan9188

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Will everyone stop going on about Giuseppe, £#%&!ing Rossi. He isn't going to make the grade ffs.

We need a PROVEN striker.
Will be hard to find one in this day and age. Can't see us getting brebatov tbh.

Is torres the type of player that would get you 20+ goals a season??

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:17 PM
koppas

Probably, he bangs them in reguarly in Spain. Which doesn't say much given Diego's rich vein of form over past 18 months.

Defoe will be signing anyway.

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:19 PM
ivan9188

Quote:
Probably, he bangs them in reguarly in Spain. Which doesn't say much given Diego's rich vein of form over past 18 months.

Defoe will be signing anyway.
Too inconsistent for me.

Tevez may be worth a punt.

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:21 PM
koppas

Tevez has been my tip all season.

Very similar to Rooney though.

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Whalefish

If the Summer signings were Hargreaves, Tevez and a young winger I'd be very happy.

So long as the outgoings included one Kieran Richardson.

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Guiseppe Rossi will make the grade. This is just a simple fact. As is the simple fact that he is better than Berbatov to name but one, though maybe not in the air for obvious reasons. Why people get so obsessed with buying in players is beyond me. We are Manchester United ffs. We have a whole crop of brilliant young players all bursting to make the breakthrough. Hargreaves would be a good addition to add to Gibson (and hopefully Hewson by the end of next season). A fast as £#%&! deadly goal-scorer to back up Rooney and Rossi could only help - how about Campbell or even Brandy? And a right back to back up Simpson. But we have proved that our squad is excellent. And we have proved the flexibility of it as well. With Evans and Cathcart around, plus Neville still more than up to it when fit, that's covered too.

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Tropical

Default Likwise.

Quote:
Tevez has been my tip all season.
And the last one, too. (Although the dodgy registration and loan deal was a no-no.)

And
Quote:
Very similar to Rooney though.
that's why.

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:30 PM
naes_sean

Tevez!

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Seven Lucky Logs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Guiseppe Rossi will make the grade. This is just a simple fact. As is the simple fact that he is better than Berbatov to name but one, though maybe not in the air for obvious reasons. Why people get so obsessed with buying in players is beyond me. We are Manchester United ffs. We have a whole crop of brilliant young players all bursting to make the breakthrough. Hargreaves would be a good addition to add to Gibson (and hopefully Hewson by the end of next season). A fast as £#%&! deadly goal-scorer to back up Rooney and Rossi could only help - how about Campbell or even Brandy? And a right back to back up Simpson. But we have proved that our squad is excellent. And we have proved the flexibility of it as well. With Evans and Cathcart around, plus Neville still more than up to it when fit, that's covered too.
Very well said.

And did you see the winner Rossi scored for Parma the other day ? Very nice half volley.

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:46 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Guiseppe Rossi will make the grade. This is just a simple fact. As is the simple fact that he is better than Berbatov to name but one.
Delusions of grandeur.

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:46 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Lucky Logs
Very well said.

And did you see the winner Rossi scored for Parma the other day ? Very nice half volley.
link! nft.

Unread 17-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Barca '91

I should £#%&!ing hope he is looking for new recruits already. It is he £#%&!ing job FFS

Unread 17-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
link! nft.
[dm]1shKPzpYgoIfWbFjV[/dm]

Unread 17-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Qwertyuiop

I rate Rossi.

Unread 17-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote: