United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Tumescent Throb

We could have signed him when he was 16 for 10 bob. We could've signed Carrick for 12p in 1992 apparently. Repeat to fade.

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Tiberian

He is mediocre, if you stand off him and give him space to use his left foot he will be a threat. Get tight, and he has nothing to his game in terms of skill or ability to beat a man.

Downing is a better player.

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:32 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Brown is another player who may not be with us next season solely because he would fetch a decent transfer fee, just my opinion.
He'll stay, Champs League rules regarding homegrown players are changing as of next season.

As for a left winger, how much would Vicente go for ?

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Seven Lucky Logs

Before he scored against us last season, no £#%&!er had ever heard of him. For me, one decent season isn't enough to make him a United target.

However, I agree with everyone else - Downing can £#%&! right off.

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
He'll stay, Champs League rules regarding homegrown players are changing as of next season.

As for a left winger, how much would Vicente go for ?
With his recent injury problems and David Silva breaking through he could be available on the cheap.

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:34 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Lucky Logs
Before he scored against us last season, no £#%&!er had ever heard of him. For me, one decent season isn't enough to make him a United target.

However, I agree with everyone else - Downing can £#%&! right off.
are you on drugs

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
think pederson is quality .and 8 million is £#%&! all
He is very average.

Your taste in players is baffling at times pure.

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:38 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
With his recent injury problems and David Silva breaking through he could be available on the cheap.
Interesting.

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:41 PM
MJ Ramone

Don't rate Pedersen to be honest...seems a bit of a tart to me.
He always seems to score/play well against us & then looks pretty mediocre in other games.
Small time attitude.

Downing can £#%&! off as well.

I'd rather we went after Aaron Lennon - give Tottenham Silvestre + a few mill!
Although saying that, Lennon has been poor in all of the recent Spurs games I've seen, so maybe he'll have another year at 'that level' before a bigger club takes a punt on him.

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Seven Lucky Logs

Quote:
are you on drugs
Yes but they are, very obviously, not as strong as yours

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:44 PM
puressence

for the record ..ribery is the left hand side player we should get or robben

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:45 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Don't rate Pedersen to be honest...seems a bit of a tart to me.
He always seems to score/play well against us & then looks pretty mediocre in other games.
Small time attitude.

Downing can £#%&! off as well.

I'd rather we went after Aaron Lennon - give Tottenham Silvestre + a few mill!
Although saying that, Lennon has been poor in all of the recent Spurs games I've seen, so maybe he'll have another year at 'that level' before a bigger club takes a punt on him.
I'd agree, needs a little more time. He's a bit poo on the left at the mo.

I'd prefer a winger that could play both flanks comfortably, but be predominantly left sided. From what little I've seen of Nani, he's my prefered choice. Raw, but has that match winning potential.

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
for the record ..ribery is the left hand side player we should get or robben
Give me Malouda, Nani or Vicentre over those two.

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Part 36 Offer

I couldn't bring myself to cheer Robben in a United shirt. £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Ribery is over hyped and he dives more than Drogba.

Unread 17-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Paddy Crerand said yesterday that Ronaldo's diving has gone out the window

Unread 17-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Terry Silver

Pedersen is so average it is untrue.

He is the kind of player who can get away with having one good game in 10, because he is at a small club like Blackburn. He scores a decent free kick every now and then, but his passing and crossing is shite, he has all the strength of Darren Fletcher and is also a @#%&!.

Unread 17-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Tiberian

Even if you can not strike the ball well with your weaker foot, you should be able to use it for control and running with the ball. Gives you so many more options if you are comfortable bringing the ball under control with both feet.

Unread 17-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I spent a whole summer practising on my left foot when I was a young fella. Got a good shot on it too and could control volleys better than my better right foot, which I found a bit odd.

Unread 17-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Seven Lucky Logs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
I couldn't bring myself to cheer Robben in a United shirt. £#%&!ing @#%&!.
Couldn't agree more. Let's be quite honest, he's even been a complete @#%&! for Chelski otherwise Maureen would have played him more.

Unread 17-04-2007, 01:23 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I spent a whole summer practising on my left foot when I was a young fella. Got a good shot on it too and could control volleys better than my better right foot, which I found a bit odd.
Always felt it was easier to volley on your left. It certainly looks like it is.
Closed Thread