United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:33 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs down O'Shea - Sorry about this.

I thought O'Shea was shocking throughout and his continued 'first choice' status in our team is embarrassing.I know 'injuries barring' and that maybe he might not be first choice.But there's been games where Brown, Fabio, Rafael and Neville have been fit and he's been picked ahead of all of them.I don't get it.He's picked for what reason? "Oh, he'll be up against Carew/Kevin Davies and they're big lads so if Fabio plays, he'll be targetted" - Fair enough, but lets impose OUR £#%&!ing game.

Don't get me wrong: great servant, winner at Anfield, nut-megged Figo, some solid and committed performances etc but he's just not good enough and doesn't improve our team in any way.Squad player -yes, first team regular - no.

Offers nothing going forward anymore (first season apart tbh), poor positional sense, gets skinned easily, distribution as bad as I've seen at United etc.I mean, when he gets the ball today, he passed it sideways 3 yards to Fletcher and then pointed, as if to say "Get it forward,ffs!"

Sorry for this personal 'attack' but it's more frustration than anything else.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Walter Sobchak

Default Re: O'Shea - Sorry about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I thought O'Shea was shocking throughout and his continued 'first choice' status in our team is embarrassing.I know 'injuries barring' and that maybe he might not be first choice.But there's been games where Brown, Fabio, Rafael and Neville have been fit and he's been picked ahead of all of them.I don't get it.He's picked for what reason? "Oh, he'll be up against Carew/Kevin Davies and they're big lads so if Fabio plays, he'll be targetted" - Fair enough, but lets impose OUR £#%&!ing game.

Don't get me wrong: great servant, winner at Anfield, nut-megged Figo, some solid and committed performances etc but he's just not good enough and doesn't improve our team in any way.Squad player -yes, first team regular - no.

Offers nothing going forward anymore (first season apart tbh), poor positional sense, gets skinned easily, distribution as bad as I've seen at United etc.I mean, when he gets the ball today, he passed it sideways 3 yards to Fletcher and then pointed, as if to say "Get it forward,ffs!"

Thought he played quite well today myself! but yes normally he's gash!

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Switching Off

You'll need somebody to check the opta stats but im pretty sure he had a higher percentage of successful tackles than anybody in the league last year. Defensively he's matured in to a fine player imo. Not as good at linking up down the right as other RBs we've had, but he's a good player and a credit to gays throughout football.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak
Thought he played quite well today myself! but yes normally he's gash!
'Shocking' was too strong a word for today in all fairness.

But, still........the point stands - he's not good enough.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Coracao

:shakehead:

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:40 PM
History

Everytime i think O'shea played decent today a thread always pops up somewhere on him.

He linked up well, supported and defended well with valencia. Didnt do anything wrong. Very odd thread.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Seconded.

I'm tired of having to defend him, it's not something that should be necessary.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:41 PM
naes_sean

o'shea played decent today. Got some decent crosses in as well.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Ethers

Thought he was fine too, can't remember Chelsea getting much if any joy out of him.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Wez

Quote:

He did ok today;a squad player, who would you have had a right back today instead of O'Shea today mate

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I feel like a right slapped arse and feel in the mood to whinge (stunning, I know).

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Everytime i think O'shea played decent today a thread always pops up somewhere on him.

He linked up well, supported and defended well with valencia. Didnt do anything wrong. Very odd thread.
I just think Fabio and Brown offer far more than O'Shea.No?

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Seconded.

Me or O'Shea?

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:

Get you

Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Seconded.

I lol'd at how serious you came off there

Sloane

i thought he did ok today but he was crap at anfield and yes he can do a 'job' but people always say 'hes a good squad player' but hes not ,hes our first choice right back
good keeper though

naes_sean

Quote:
Me or O'Shea?
If it was you, it would be a losing battle.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:44 PM
History

Quote:
I feel like a right slapped arse and feel in the mood to whinge (stunning, I know).

Rafael>Brown>Fabio.

They do, but vidic wasnt 100% obviously. Brown hasnt played right back for a year. You're hardly gonna throw him in against chelsea, Rafael is on the return don't expect O'shea to occupy that spot come the end of the season. But for today he was the best we had and he didnt let us down. Bit unfair picking at him really.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Wez

Quote:
Who in the middle with Evans if Wes in on the right

I love Fabio, but against Chelsea I want experience.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:45 PM
RedMenace

No to be honest. Fabio was skinned several times by CSKA he's still learning and Brown isn't any better going forward than O'Shea and O'Shea did little wrong defensively imo. He's not the ideal right back but at the moment he's as good as any we have available. A 100% fit and game ready Neville would be ahead of him though based on recent displays.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:46 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
If it was you, it would be a losing battle.
Get £#%&!ed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
i thought he did ok today but he was crap at anfield and yes he can do a 'job' but people always say 'hes a good squad player' but hes not ,hes our first choice right back
good keeper though
Exactly.

'Does a job'. I want a RB, with pace, power, a player who can pass more than 3 yards and if it's more than 3 yards than not into the oppo's corner to nobody or to an opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Get you
You will if you start getting all Richard E Grant on me.
Closed Thread