United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:16 AM
bcred

Default Tevez

I'll admit I wasn't too impressed with all the "look at me" bollox when he was warming up. The match was being played it seemed a bit narcissistic.
Knowing the Ferg,I rather think he wouldn't have been impressed either.

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:18 AM
Tumescent Throb

fair point

bit of a sideshow though thankfully

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:49 AM
koppas

Yeah. Fine him a weeks wages for acknowledging the fans who love him.

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:00 AM
bcred

not my point Koppas,players warm up each and every game. I just thought it was milked a bit much.

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
not my point Koppas,players warm up each and every game.
They don't get acknowledged by the fans like that every game tho.

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:10 AM
RedMenace

A quick clap would have been alright, as he has done many times before, but I think he was making a little bit much of it as well. Not a hanging offence or anything but it could be something that would piss Fergie off if he noticed it.

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:16 AM
bcred

again,just an observation. Personally I didn't like it.
I'm a grumpy old bloke that runs a tight ship at my office.

although I'm not scottish.

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:52 AM
M-13

Quote:
again,just an observation. Personally I didn't like it.
I'm a grumpy old bloke that runs a tight ship at my office.

although I'm not scottish.
No you are worse, Cheadle ??

Unread 12-01-2009, 04:05 AM
bcred

born in a flat on palatine road

Unread 12-01-2009, 04:07 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

£#%&!ing hell, two sides of the ground give him a standing ovation and he claps them, he's hardly doing a ronaldo is he. you need to stop moaning he clearly loves the fans and it's good that he's showing it

Unread 12-01-2009, 04:25 AM
bcred

hardly a moan,just a point of view. Team before self.

I'll repeat: I'll admit I wasn't too impressed with all the "look at me" bollox when he was warming up. The match was being played it seemed a bit narcissistic.

Unread 12-01-2009, 04:42 AM
Grimson

But you don't get to Tevez's level if you aren't a bit narcissistic. These aren't regular people. They'll always come up wanting if you judge them by regular people standards - just as they'd come up wanting as footballers if they in fact were regular people.

Unread 12-01-2009, 04:49 AM
bcred

understood Grimson,I'm not trying to start a storm in a tea cup.
Just my opinion,he could have acknowledged the crowd in a less "look at me" style. Maybe it was the telly editors that swayed my opinion because they cut away from the match to show Tev hamming it up with the crest on his shirt.

Unread 12-01-2009, 04:52 AM
Stone Monkey

I think the crowd forced the issue, the game was well in the bag and the fans would have loved to see Tevez come on. Them cheering him on on the touchline I think he was just being respectful for that adulation.

We all know that Tevez is probably pissed off at not starting or being used more often in important games. He's young, an international starter for his country, theres obviously something going down.

I'd love him to stay but I think he will move on in the summer. Shame really as he obviously wants to be a United player.

Unread 12-01-2009, 04:57 AM
bcred

I agree totally with you monks except, I think this was first half before the goal. EDIT I was wrong about that 59 mins in ....only 1-0 tho.

The crowd was going mad singing Argentina,he applauded hands above head then pounded his crest a few times.... maybe I was a little harsh.
United were about to take a free kick,the cameras cut away to show Tev.

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:30 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
I agree totally with you monks except, I think this was first half before the goal. EDIT I was wrong about that 59 mins in ....only 1-0 tho.

The crowd was going mad singing Argentina,he applauded hands above head then pounded his crest a few times.... maybe I was a little harsh.
United were about to take a free kick,the cameras cut away to show Tev.

i took that to mean, no matter what you have heard i love this club
statement of his desire to be at this club

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:49 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
I think the crowd forced the issue, the game was well in the bag and the fans would have loved to see Tevez come on. Them cheering him on on the touchline I think he was just being respectful for that adulation.

We all know that Tevez is probably pissed off at not starting or being used more often in important games. He's young, an international starter for his country, theres obviously something going down.

I'd love him to stay but I think he will move on in the summer. Shame really as he obviously wants to be a United player.
the game was nothing like in the bag. united were only 1 up when tevez was warming up and chelsea were having their best spell.

i'm with bcred on this. it was a bit ott imo.

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:55 AM
Tronics

the crowd reacted to him warming up.

he didn't start nothing.

Unread 12-01-2009, 06:00 AM
keano's love

it was over the top.

Also I think ronaldo, rooney and berbatov clicked for the entire 90 mins for the first time this season. I don't think fergie will disturb that now.

Unread 12-01-2009, 07:16 AM
bcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
i took that to mean, no matter what you have heard i love this club
statement of his desire to be at this club
Agreed however,and this is the subtle point of my argument.

You don't ham it up on the sidelines at 1-0 in a game against one of our rivals. I betcha Ferg feels the same...
Closed Thread