United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:08 PM
magic_cantona

Default If Madrid/Chelsea/City offered £30m for Ando

, right now, would you be happy for United to take it?

Thought about this today and, for the first time, I'm really doubting that he's going to become a world class player.I keep saying 'He just needs time, you can see that he's got it' but I don't know if I'm trying to convince myself.Is it just time he needs?A long run in the team (but he doesn't warrant that) ? What?

Against Derby (like the rest of the starting team in fairness) he was utterly shocking and it's not the first time he's turned in a performance like that.

I want someone to tell me that I'm talking shit (as usual ) and that he is going to turn out to be a United legend.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Blagger

Tevez, Ronaldo and Anderson all to Madrid for Ramos straight swap

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:13 PM
borsuk

people's expectations of him are way over the top imo. he's got bags of potential and an exciting future but he's not a first team regular by any stretch of the imagination. still very very young, lots of time. needs to learn quite a lot, though.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:13 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
Tevez, Ronaldo and Anderson all to Madrid for Ramos straight swap
Don't be stupid.

They'd want cash too.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:15 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
people's expectations of him are way over the top imo. he's got bags of potential and an exciting future but he's not a first team regular by any stretch of the imagination. still very very young, lots of time. needs to learn quite a lot, though.
That's more like it.

I love the lad and want him to be a £#%&!ing legend.Sometimes it's difficult to believe it'll happen though.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:16 PM
silv

talk about support the youngsters

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:20 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
do you still think possebon has a bright future at united than him?

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:22 PM
MUFC One Love

£30m?I'd be surprised to see anyone offer 10 tbh.

Stickman

I think his awareness is incredible, whens hes good hes actually unplayable. Seems though this season he's regressed, I wonder if its ever in the clubs plans to turn him back into the attacking player he supposedly was at Porto.

I like seeing his name on the team sheet, think he can really be relied on and is capable of making a big difference against the biggest and best. Needs to start scoring a bit though, im frankly amazed hes still not done it.

I still have every faith hes going to be a gem.

Does seem to be a confidence player though, like I said, when he starts well he genuinely goes from strength to strength in games.

Remember how good he was v Arsenal in the cup last year and when he came on against them in the run in. One of our better players at Stamford Bridge and the maturity he showed at Anfield was incredible, head and shoulders above Gerrard in his own back yard.

marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
, right now, would you be happy for United to take it?

Thought about this today and, for the first time, I'm really doubting that he's going to become a world class player.I keep saying 'He just needs time, you can see that he's got it' but I don't know if I'm trying to convince myself.Is it just time he needs?A long run in the team (but he doesn't warrant that) ? What?

Against Derby (like the rest of the starting team in fairness) he was utterly shocking and it's not the first time he's turned in a performance like that.

I want someone to tell me that I'm talking shit (as usual ) and that he is going to turn out to be a United legend.
he played well in japan and in most games he is played in.

some of our best football this season have come with him in the move.

-the 1-2 with tevez in the cc
-the throughball to tevez for his 4th goal that game
-the move which led to tevezs goal at anfield
-the rooney goal in europe at ot a few weeks ago.

he hasnt been playing enough games but has been good in most.

how many games have we lost with him starting in cm? i dont think its many.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Whalefish

Sell him? Don't be so £#%&!ing stupid. Have a belm.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Sloppy

Would he happy going to city?

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Serenity Now

We're halfway through the season and he's played a total of 6.87 full matches in the league and one match in the Champions League. John O'Shea has played more than him. He's definitely been hit and miss, but I think it's a bit harsh to expect a young player - even one as talented as Anderson - to reach a consistently high level of performance when they barely play.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:52 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
talk about support the youngsters
Oh for £#%&! sake.

I have supported him, and will continue to do so.As I said in the original post (which a few people seem to have missed), I WANT him to be a United legend.It was a question that I wanted to hear people's opinion on, seeing as opinions of him seem to split the forum in half.

I love how this thread is being read as 'Anderson OUT!'

Slopps, of course he wouldn't be happy to go to City.It's hypothetical.

Unread 09-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I think his awareness is incredible, whens hes good hes actually unplayable. Seems though this season he's regressed, I wonder if its ever in the clubs plans to turn him back into the attacking player he supposedly was at Porto.

I like seeing his name on the team sheet, think he can really be relied on and is capable of making a big difference against the biggest and best. Needs to start scoring a bit though, im frankly amazed hes still not done it.

I still have every faith hes going to be a gem.

Does seem to be a confidence player though, like I said, when he starts well he genuinely goes from strength to strength in games.

Remember how good he was v Arsenal in the cup last year and when he came on against them in the run in. One of our better players at Stamford Bridge and the maturity he showed at Anfield was incredible, head and shoulders above Gerrard in his own back yard.
Seriously, when has that EVER occurred? He has had one outstanding match in his United career IMO. Funnily enough, it was the same game as Nani vs Arsenal in the cup.

He's had a couple of very good performances as well, but none to say he is unplayable.

I still have faith in Anderson though, I think he has enough about him to eventually become a permanent fixture in the first 11. Nani, no chance.

Unread 09-01-2009, 12:09 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Seriously, when has that EVER occurred? He has had one outstanding match in his United career IMO. Funnily enough, it was the same game as Nani vs Arsenal in the cup.

He's had a couple of very good performances as well, but none to say he is unplayable.

I still have faith in Anderson though, I think he has enough about him to eventually become a permanent fixture in the first 11. Nani, no chance.
Word.

Especially that bit.

Unread 09-01-2009, 12:11 AM
Part 36 Offer

He will without be world class but he's still young and inexperienced. Like a lot of young players, when he's good he's really good but when's he poor, he's very poor.

It's a phase all young players go through.

He's very similar to Gerrard and Keane (in his early days); the energy and presence to boss games in one of the most demanding positions at any early age and not to be intimidated - but also with a naivety to lose concentration at key points.

Consistency is the hardest thing in any sport, but it's absolutey paramount if you want to play centre mid for United. Keane & Scholes at their peak and Carrick at present rarely have a bad game; they had/have the right fitness, attitude and intelligence to realise that they are the fulcrum of the team and they can't drop below a certain standard.

Anderson has shown that he can get to their level but he needs to do it more consistently imo.

Unread 09-01-2009, 12:26 AM
taff

united is the best place for him to develop as a player. christ, can you imagine if he went to city? he'd end up like elano and jo and all those other £#%&!ing chancers. continental players at chelsea always seem to underwhelm, don't know why. and if he went to real he'd be lost, hang around the reserves for a couple of years then end up jobbing around the lesser spanish sides for the rest of his career. united can nurture talent, that's been proven over the last twenty years at least.

course, he'd stand a better chance if quieroz hadn't £#%&!ed off.

Unread 09-01-2009, 12:54 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
do you still think possebon has a bright future at united than him?
yes

Unread 09-01-2009, 01:12 AM
Zorg

He will score on Sunday.
Closed Thread