United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:19 PM
wonky no

Default tevez should perhaps accept

a few grand a week less. not anything like good enough tonight. not just him but he's the one who wants a contract.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:20 PM
magic_cantona

What if you based contract negotiations on the Blackburn fizzy cup game?

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Whalefish

Very true Magic.

He was, however, a bag of shit tonight. Couldn't even shield the ball from Andy Todd and got done for pace by him too.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:22 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
What if you based contract negotiations on the Blackburn fizzy cup game?
what if we work out the average of both games and you agree with me?

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Crumps

I love him as a player but tbh I don't think he's anywhere near as good or fast as I thought would be based on watching him at Boca and Corinthians.

Has he actually lost a yard of pace?

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Very true Magic.

He was, however, a bag of shit tonight
. Couldn't even shield the ball from Andy Todd and got done for pace by him too.
I know he was.

You can't base Tevez' United future on tonights game though.But, as I keep saying, anything close to 30m for Tevez is way too much.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

Has he actually lost a yard of pace?
He's never been quick for me but he's definitely got a touch slower.

As my mate says he's slow because he's a fat bastard. Harsh. Slightly rotund IMO or big boned.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:27 PM
wonky no

i'm not even sure where £30 mil comes from. what has he done to warrant that? i like him, he's good to have in the squad but i can't for the life of see why he's rated at that price. mind you, defoe for £15m?

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He's never been quick for me but he's definitely got a touch slower since his early days at Boca.

As my mate says he's slow because he's a fat bastard. Harsh. Slightly rotund IMO or big boned.
Never lightning but I remember him being reasonably quick over the first few yards and then just a pain in the arse to get back in front of because of the way he threw himself about and got inbetween the defender and the ball.

He does seem a little less athletic but I put that down to his overall look and big hair.

Hate being negative about him as if I could play football that's how I'd like to play it. Starting to think not getting him wouldn't be the end of the world and I'd prefer to add a player that can lead the line with a bit of pace an power who is good in the air.

Darren Bent

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:32 PM
borsuk

he's been poor for most of this season. the good games have really stood out.

last season he was very very good most of the time. this season he's been very very poor most of the time.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:33 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Never lightning but I remember him being reasonably quick over the first few yards and then just a pain in the arse to get back in front of because of the way he threw himself about and got inbetween the defender and the ball.

He does seem a little less athletic but I put that down to his overall look and big hair.

Hate being negative about him as if I could play football that's how I'd like to play it. Starting to think not getting him wouldn't be the end of the world and I'd prefer to add a player that can lead the line with a bit of pace an power who is good in the air.

Darren Bent
write a letter to a fanzine

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:33 PM
rebelcountyred

looked really sharp in the preseason games, not looking nearly as sharp these times, i'd say his heart is not in it, probably fed up because he has slipped down the pecking order.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:35 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
looked really sharp in the preseason games, not looking nearly as sharp these times, i'd say his heart is not in it, probably fed up because he has slipped down the pecking order.
diddums.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
write a letter to a fanzine
%@#$&!s, I'd never live it down, my footballing knowledge would be lessened in the eyes of others and some #@&%! would probably post pictures of Darren Bent a inappropriate times.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Tiberian

Last season a lot of people were saying that with a proper summmer of preparation behind him he would kick on and look like the player he was, one of the elite strikers in world football. This was in response to a lot of posters feeling underwhelmed by him, pointing out how slow he was. He certainly improved in the second half of last season though.

In truth he has never been at that elite level, judging him on his performances in South America is a tricky one, every plaayer who shows real potential is quickly shipped off to Europe so the general standard is lower than some believe. His international performances have never struck me as outstanding, he is a worker rather a true flair player, certainly not on the level of the likes of Rooney, Giggs, Ronaldo, Scholes, Berbatov in ability.

Despite this he, at his best, is an effective player, and at a cheaper price would a good option. If Utd have to shell out 20+ and give him wage parity to Rio/Ronalod/Rooney then I belive that the money could be better spent on a pacier option.

This s not a kneejerk on tonights performance, the whole team were poor but a considered judgment on his Utd career to date.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Tronics

he seems like the scape goat of choice round here whenever he plays, interesting.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Whalefish

Not really, could be argued he's one of many though.

Think it's safe to say Berbatov, Nani and O'Shea top the scapegoat list atm.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:47 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
he seems like the scape goat of choice round here whenever he plays, interesting.
no, not really.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Not really. There 2 or 3 that don't rate him that bang on about him being shit all the time. I just feel he's really not living up to expectations and have just commented on how he doesn't seem as good as I though he was based on performances abroad and that he's painfully slow.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:49 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
What a ridiculous statement.
Closed Thread