United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-01-2009, 07:08 AM
utd for ever

Default Palacios

I know our squad is full,but i don't think we should missed this chance,he is a beast of a player,and scholes and giggs won't be there much long especially scholes,i can't believe how slow scholes is looking...

Unread 15-01-2009, 07:23 AM
bcred

Cool in other news...

Well spotted !

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...light=Palacios

Unread 15-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever
I know our squad is full,but i don't think we should missed this chance,he is a beast of a player,and scholes and giggs won't be there much long especially scholes,i can't believe how slow scholes is looking...
Spurs will buy him for 12 million were he'll spend 3 years there, before we buy him for 25 mil

Unread 15-01-2009, 09:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

The Sun reckon we're gonna bid £14 million for him. Decent player though he is I'd much prefer Valencia.

Unread 15-01-2009, 09:53 AM
keano's love

the door is shut for valencia I feel. with the arrival of tosic and the other young winger.

And there's ravel morrison in our academy who is making a name for himself as a winger!!

Unread 15-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Whalefish

Ravel - what a name.

Unread 15-01-2009, 09:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Ravel - what a name.
His dad is a nice man so I'm told.

Unread 15-01-2009, 09:59 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
the door is shut for valencia I feel. with the arrival of tosic and the other young winger.

And there's ravel morrison in our academy who is making a name for himself as a winger!!
thanks Mr Balague

Unread 15-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Whalefish

Re Palacios, would be a good signing but I just can't see any further outlay this month. Unless a player or two is going in the opposite direction it's looking like a very expensive deal. There were reports that prior to his loan move to Spurs, Utd were considering a bid for Campbell from Wigan.

Unread 15-01-2009, 10:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Re Palacios, would be a good signing but I just can't see any further outlay this month. Unless a player or two is going in the opposite direction it's looking like a very expensive deal. There were reports that prior to his loan move to Spurs, Utd were considering a bid for Campbell from Wigan.
I just don't see it making sense with the number of central midfielders we already have.

Unread 15-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Whalefish

We do need a bit of muscle in there, some pace and an ability to tackle. It's all well and good having the nice ball players that we have but at times - like yesterday - a bit of physical presence would be nice.

Anyway, I suspect nothing will happen and he'll join Spurs.

Unread 15-01-2009, 10:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
We do need a bit of muscle in there, some pace and an ability to tackle. It's all well and good having the nice ball players that we have but at times - like yesterday - a bit of physical presence would be nice.

Anyway, I suspect nothing will happen and he'll join Spurs.
Isn't darren supposed to provide that? Well obviously not the pace bit but the rest. Also we'd have to have written off hargos chances of recovering to do it wouldn't we?

Unread 15-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Whalefish

I'd say yes re Hargreaves.

Unread 15-01-2009, 10:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'd say yes re Hargreaves.
Really? You have some medical knowledge to impart?

Unread 15-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Gazw649

Unfortunately think Hargreaves time may be up at OT. A muscular central midfielder would be a good addition to our squad.

Unread 15-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Whalefish

No, I'd just hazard a guess that were a midfielder of the Palacios type signed I wouldn't hold my breath re Hargreaves coming back.

Unread 15-01-2009, 10:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
No, I'd just hazard a guess that were a midfielder of the Palacios type signed I wouldn't hold my breath re Hargreaves coming back.
As would i but I have no evidence that Hargo is "done" so I'll be surprised as I say if we sign Palacios. Lot of players come back from knee surgery and after a year we finally sent him to the worlds best, I'm gonna remain optimistic.

Unread 15-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Whalefish

He's had two major knee surgeries.

Unread 15-01-2009, 10:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He's had two major knee surgeries.
Yes and after they were said to be very succesful. As i said, i'm gonna remain optimistic.

Unread 15-01-2009, 10:27 AM
armchair

We can't sign everyone.
Closed Thread