United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:02 PM
keano's love

Default Ronaldo's best game of the season was yesterday

I think for the first time ronaldo has looked anywhere near the player he was last season.

Even though he didn't score, that trickery, the menacing instinct was back. And looked like his confidence too. That shot in the second half which was inches wide of the post was evidence of that.

And particularly pleasing was his link up play with rooney and berbatov. That move which involved all 3 was sublime and should have resulted in the goal but for an incorrect offside flag.

Also for the first time this season, ronaldo rode a tackle and routed across a tackle when he had the advantage.

Also for the first time it seemed he and berbatov were enjoying themselves.

If those 3 click on, we will very soon become the irresistible force that we thought we were going to be in the summer.

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:07 PM
carlosartorial

For the tenth time this season, Ronaldo was walking back instead of running and got caught offside when it could have been easily avoided.

For the fiftieth time this season he threw his arms up in the air complaining about nothing to nobody in particular.

For the one hundred and fiftieth time this season he sat on the floor looking annoyed at everyone in the world.

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:26 PM
mark o

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
For the tenth time this season, Ronaldo was walking back instead of running and got caught offside when it could have been easily avoided.

For the fiftieth time this season he threw his arms up in the air complaining about nothing to nobody in particular.

For the one hundred and fiftieth time this season he sat on the floor looking annoyed at everyone in the world.
He did all of these things last season too, they are just highlighted more because of his antics in the summer.

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:27 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark o
He did all of these things last season too, they are just highlighted more because of his antics in the summer.
confirmed

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:30 PM
thatsfuctit

I agree, i thought he looked more 'switched on' was a cracking header too.

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
bobbledinho

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...onaldo-chelsea

Echoes your sentiments. He really gave bosingwa a hell of a time in the second half before he got dragged off.

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:35 PM
SilverSurfer

It's not been much commented on but I thought the free kick for Berbatov's goal was superb too. Not much space to put it in but he delivered it perfectly.

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:36 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:

i noticed that as well he's a @#%&!

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
It's not been much commented on but I thought the free kick for Berbatov's goal was superb too. Not much space to put it in but he delivered it perfectly.
He put a hell of a ball in with his left foot before that as well that deserved someone getting on the end of it.

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:40 PM
£#%&! KFC

yep he was fantastic yesterday....they all were

just hope he keeps this up

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:41 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
I'm sure you're right.

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Part 36 Offer

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...50#post1324650

Unread 13-01-2009, 06:05 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
yup. that cross with his left foot was great.

Neither their defenders nor our attackers predicted that he could deliver such a good ball in such a tight position.

Although I loved his run at belletti.

Unread 13-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Yep he did.

He also got in the habit of pulling up for a free kick before it had been given, which I found irritating. But as you say....

Unread 13-01-2009, 09:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

To be fair he was onside.

Unread 13-01-2009, 10:55 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
To be fair he was onside.
The one in the 1st half? Not-confirmed.

Unread 13-01-2009, 11:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
The one in the 1st half? Not-confirmed.
The one where Rooney played it to Berbie and he put Ronnie in one on one, deffo confirmed onside.

Unread 13-01-2009, 11:31 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
The one where Rooney played it to Berbie and he put Ronnie in one on one, deffo confirmed onside.
Yes, yes. But I'm not talking about that one - I was referring to the one in the 1st half where he was moving back at the speed of Mr £#%&!ing Burns.

Unread 13-01-2009, 11:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yes, yes. But I'm not talking about that one - I was referring to the one in the 1st half where he was moving back at the speed of Mr £#%&!ing Burns.
Oh I see, right, yes he was off for that.

Unread 13-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

he's been playing very well for a while now and has been superbly disciplined and committed for the team for most of the season

i expect he'll be given more licence to let loose the longer the season goes on

the key is obviously the burgeoning understanding between himself, Rooney and Bubber
Closed Thread