United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-01-2009, 09:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Chelsea - The Official Thread.

Did think about a 3 man midfield but given the lack of form of our midfielders I couldn't really think of a 3rd I'd want playing in this game. Also given Chelsea's attacking play being very dependant on attacking from fullback i'd like a coupla "wide" players to occupy 'em so I'll go with :-

VDS
Neville
Rio(fingers crossed)
Vidic
Senegalese Superman(thank £#%&!)
Park
Carrick
Fletcher
Ronnie
Berbatov
Rooney

Unread 09-01-2009, 09:32 AM
keano's love

probably for the first time in a long time, we know what is the team going to be. its exactly the one you have put.

we should win it. I think berbs may have a big say in this, he has always done superbly well against chelski.

Unread 09-01-2009, 10:21 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Did think about a 3 man midfield but given the lack of form of our midfielders I couldn't really think of a 3rd I'd want playing in this game. Also given Chelsea's attacking play being very dependant on attacking from fullback i'd like a coupla "wide" players to occupy 'em so I'll go with :-

VDS
Neville
Rio(fingers crossed)
Vidic
Park
Carrick
Fletcher
Ronnie
Berbatov
Rooney
Scholes for Fletcher and there's your starting 11.

Ronaldo and Rooney are due a peformance.

Unread 09-01-2009, 10:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Scholes for Fletcher and there's your starting 11.

Ronaldo and Rooney are due a peformance.
To lightweight in midfield, need Fletchers energy. I'd have gone with Anderson actually but for his performance in midweek.

Unread 09-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Withers

Ferguson will pick your team. I would pick-

VDS

Rafael
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Carrick
Scholes
Anderson

Rooney
Berbatov
Ronaldo

Unread 09-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:

VDS
Neville
Rio(fingers crossed)
Vidic
Park
Carrick
Fletcher
Ronnie
Berbatov
Rooney

Spot on : Fergal just needs to remember we're playing at home and not for a nil-nil draw

Unread 09-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Spiffy

Ronaldo will be on the bench at best. It takes 48 hrs for any niggles from his crash to kick in, my guess is he'll be as stiff as one of Wayne's Ears erections when he looks at his picture of Grant Mitchell.

Unread 09-01-2009, 10:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
Spot on : Fergal just needs to remember we're playing at home and not for a nil-nil draw
We need to have a right go at 'em, they are a mess at the back.

Unread 09-01-2009, 10:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Ronaldo will be on the bench at best. It takes 48 hrs for any niggles from his crash to kick in, my guess is he'll be as stiff as one of Wayne's Ears erections when he looks at his picture of Grant Mitchell.

Unread 09-01-2009, 10:48 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy

Unread 09-01-2009, 11:01 AM
The Watcher

VDS

Rafael
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Carrick
Fletcher
Anderson

Rooney
Berbatov
Ronaldo

That's the side I'd like to see, but I agree we'll probably see the XI antonin posted.

Just like against Arsenal, I fear Neville will be made to look a @#%&!. Adequate performances against Stoke (a team with no pace or wingers) and Southampton (total shite) seemed to have convinced many that two weeks is back to the standard required. I have my doubts. At least Evra's back!

Unread 09-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Captain Marvel

Quote:

VDS
Neville
Rio(fingers crossed)
Vidic
Park
Carrick
Fletcher
Ronnie
Berbatov
Rooney
Spot on. Scholes and Tevez to come on if we need them.

Unread 09-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Ginners

VDS

neville
rio
vidic
evra

carrick
fletcher
giggs
ronaldo

berbs
wazza

Unread 09-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I don't want to see Park starting, he can do a job yeah but he's still very ordinary, and that's all we've been this season, ordinary.
If Fletcher and Park start I'll be expecting a dull 0-0. Both good at stopping the opposition, both rather clueless at unlocking defences.

I'd go with Ginners team, which is a first as they are usually ridiculous. EDIT: Just seen he's put Gary Neville in there, scratch my last comment from the record please.

Unread 09-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I don't want to see Park starting, he can do a job yeah but he's still very ordinary, and that's all we've been this season, ordinary.
If Fletcher and Park start I'll be expecting a dull 0-0. Both good at stopping the opposition, both rather clueless at unlocking defences.

I'd go with Ginners team, which is a first as they are usually ridiculous. EDIT: Just seen he's put Gary Neville in there, scratch my last comment from the record please.

Unread 09-01-2009, 11:18 AM
antonin jablonsky

[quote=Fuzzy Dunlop;1320528]I don't want to see Park starting, he can do a job yeah but he's still very ordinary, and that's all we've been this season, ordinary.

I'd go with Ginners team, which is a first as they are usually ridiculous. EDIT: Just seen he's put Gary Neville in there, scratch my last comment from the record please.[/QUOTE]

Erm, after Wednesday would you say it's ridiculous to pick him ahead of Rafael?

Unread 09-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Ginners

the derby game might have knocked rafaels confidence a bit, fergie was bigging up nevvers the other day saying how hes back to his best etc so i would be very surprised if he didnt start tbh

Unread 09-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

I reckon the atmosphere will be brilliant for this one - hopefully Terry takes a £#%&!ing shoeing from our fans.

Unread 09-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Gog Coch

Anderson, Tevez and Rafael must come on at some stage.

Unread 09-01-2009, 12:32 PM
waynes ear's

Closed Thread