United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:48 PM
taff

playing a team after their manager's just left is always tough. they pull out all the stops to do a favour to the coach or whichever @#%&! has just been put in charge. plus they were always going to raise their game against us. turning up expecting to piss all over them in that situation is a sure-fire way to get beat.

hopefully we'll take chelsea a bit more seriously and then it'll be scolari's turn to be out of a job.

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Sloppy

Sunday will be completely different.

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Sunday will be completely different.
You're right about that. I don't think anyone who started tonight other than Nemanja will start on Sunday.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Blagger

£#%&!ing woeful

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:06 PM
borsuk

credit to derby, though. they were good value for the win.

very lethargic tonight. even rooney didn't make an impact when he came on.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:07 PM
magic_cantona

What a load of absolute shit!

There's a few players there who should be ashamed of that performance.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:08 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

i knew this would happen

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Whalefish

They won't give a monkey's about their individual performances. O'Shea smirking his way through the entire second half just boiled my piss.

Anderson and Scholes pass completetion rate must've been around 50%, it looked awful.

And for all his chatter to the SA press of late I was extremely disappointed in Tevez. First touch like an elephant tonight and anytime he received the ball soon found himself on his backside as he was easily dealt with by Todd.

Vidic played well I thought, that was it.

Oh, Gibson again played out of position. Still, at least he stuck at it even if he hardly shone.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:17 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
They won't give a monkey's about their individual performances. O'Shea smirking his way through the entire second half just boiled my piss.

Anderson and Scholes pass completetion rate must've been around 50%, it looked awful.

And for all his chatter to the SA press of late I was extremely disappointed in Tevez. First touch like an elephant tonight and anytime he received the ball soon found himself on his backside as he was easily dealt with by Todd.

Vidic played well I thought, that was it.

Oh, Gibson again played out of position. Still, at least he stuck at it even if he hardly shone.

I feel like I'm becoming obsessed with that bag of shit.He's an utter disgrace.Any time he plays, the 'effort' he puts in is shocking.Even when Fletcher is having a stinker, he's busy.O'Shit takes it easy, rain or £#%&!ing shine.Offers zero.

Agree with everything there.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Ginners

what an absolute £#%&!ing pile of shit. everyone of them was complete shit.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:35 PM
borsuk

vidic was good. without him we'd possibly be out of the tie.

i've always rated evans and he's put in some good performances at times but he's clearly not ready yet. the sooner we get wes back to cover for rio and vidic the better.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
vidic was good. without him we'd possibly be out of the tie.

i've always rated evans and he's put in some good performances at times but he's clearly not ready yet. the sooner we get wes back to cover for rio and vidic the better.
Yes, we have done well in the absence of Rio and Evra but I dearly hope they are ready for Chelsea. Vidic has really stepped it up in the last few games.

Right back will be an interesting selection, a month ago it looked like Rafael would cement that position but he has went down a level in recent games, understandable, and Neville has started to show signs of life. I would prefer a fit Wes and last seasons defence for that match though.

Unread 08-01-2009, 01:11 AM
utd99

If I could sit down with Fergie and ask just one question, and be guaranteed an honest response rather than Sky interview %@#$&!s, it would be about O'Shea.

It's such an enigma to me. Here is a man who has done it all, seen it all and has earned our trust even when we doubted, but this...

Either everyone else is wrong, or he is. It's that simple.

Unread 08-01-2009, 01:19 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
he should be starting most games and getting an understanding etc, instead he is tosses in some random line up every two weeks and expected to perform and 'prove' himself.

bad management from saf imo.
Stop £#%&!ing defending him, he was shit and has been shit.

Tonight was a night where virtually every one of our players deserved critism, even our 'pet' players. It doesn't £#%&!ing matter how much he plays, if he were good enough he would take his chance, that's how football works, and by take his chance I mean not deliver shit ball after shit ball, shit corner after shit corner.. Here's an idea, how about laying off the prossies for a week and stay behind practising crossing?

You need to wake up mate, sometimes if it looks like it and smells like it..

Unread 08-01-2009, 03:05 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
To be honest we've been shite all season.
No, no. We're 'ticking over nicely imo'. We're going to smash a team any time now and go on a run! You'll see. It's coming. Fergie always does this. Everything will fall into place and we'll piss the league. Anderson will even get off the mark soon!

That said, we may well get our act together at the business end of the season. However, the possibility of what may come doesn't disguise the fact that our performances since the start of the season have been consistently shit, boring and devoid of life. I wouldn't expect anyone to argue against that.

Unread 08-01-2009, 03:12 AM
TreeFiddy

As far as tonight's performance is concerned...

I hope Ferguson can see as clearly as I can that Kuszczak is in the same league as Spurs's Gomez when it comes to handling crosses. :shakehead:

O'Shea just gets worse it seems. I now don't even expect him to be able to do anything a professional footballer can do. It always seems calamity is just around the corner when he's near the ball. What a terrible footballer. Horrible to see such a poor standard of basic ability at a club like United.

Unread 08-01-2009, 05:50 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
As far as tonight's performance is concerned...

I hope Ferguson can see as clearly as I can that Kuszczak is in the same league as Spurs's Gomez when it comes to handling crosses. :shakehead:

O'Shea just gets worse it seems. I now don't even expect him to be able to do anything a professional footballer can do. It always seems calamity is just around the corner when he's near the ball. What a terrible footballer. Horrible to see such a poor standard of basic ability at a club like United
Spot on.

Kusczak is terrible.The chaos he causes is unreal.

Unread 08-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Gog Coch

The Times -
Nemanja Vidic and Jonny Evans had a torrid evening in defence, with Hulse causing them all manner of problems, but United were second-best in every department and, tellingly, Ferguson exempted Darron Gibson, 21, and Danny Welbeck, 18, from criticism.

Less exempt, one suspects, are Paul Scholes, who allowed himself to be outmanoeuvred by Paul Green and Miles Addison in midfield,....

The Telegraph -
The players were just off the pace. Paul Scholes’ radar was on the blink while Anderson was all energy with no end product.

United had no shape and that was due to Scholes not dominating the game from midfield. He was well out of sorts last night.
United depend on keeping their shape.nft

Unread 08-01-2009, 09:31 AM
koppas

Gibson is shit.

Unread 08-01-2009, 09:38 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Gibson is shit.