United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-08-2010, 05:42 AM
Stickman

Default Re: The combination between Cole and Yorke was out of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Cole contributed a big portion of what it took to make the team so fluid and breath taking.

Horse face contributed a big portion of what it took to make as dry as it was and as one dimensional as it was. I repeat again, without beckham pinging in those crosses and ruud waiting constantly in the penalty box, he would not have got that many goals. Yeah sure he got so many goals (was it only one goal outside the penalty area??) but it reduced the overall potency of the team.

It's not a £#%&!ing co-incidence that before Ruud came we were very successful and once he went we were again £#%&!ing successful. Unless suddenly you think fergie had turned into senile old £#%&!wit in those 5 years. Which I don't think so. The great man saw the light and £#%&!ed off Ruud. We went onto win 3 more titles and 1 champions league
Beckham RVN wasnt nearly as potent a combo as youre re-writing history. Seem to recall he scored a lot of goals from Silvestre's crossing as well.

Van Nistelrooy was an unbelievable striker.

The fact you call him horseface though shows your lack of objective so Im not going to continue or ill just end up

Unread 02-08-2010, 05:51 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Beckham RVN wasnt nearly as potent a combo as youre re-writing history. Seem to recall he scored a lot of goals from Silvestre's crossing as well.

Van Nistelrooy was an unbelievable striker.

The fact you call him horseface though shows your lack of objective so Im not going to continue or ill just end up
I agree. Objectivity is not a choice. He was a @#%&!. A massive one at that. Thank god he was £#%&!ed off. Or else we would never have seen the potential of ronaldo.

Unread 02-08-2010, 07:44 AM
borsuk

not rating ruud

best striker in the world at his peak, superb. pace, power, movement, explosive over the first 10 yards, finishing as good as anybody since fat ronaldo with either foot or head. all this 'standing around waiting for crosses' bullshit just shows rafabio started watching united in ruud's last year, when injuries and wear and tear had made him half the player he had been.

andy cole is an absolute legend, of course. you can use him as a litmus test for non-united fans (or united fans tbh) - if they don't rate andy cole then they know £#%&! all about football. superb player, ahead of his time in many ways, with his pace and super-intelligent movement he'd have been perfect for a modern front three.

Unread 02-08-2010, 08:02 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
not rating ruud

best striker in the world at his peak, superb. pace, power, movement, explosive over the first 10 yards, finishing as good as anybody since fat ronaldo with either foot or head. all this 'standing around waiting for crosses' bullshit just shows rafabio started watching united in ruud's last year, when injuries and wear and tear had made him half the player he had been.

andy cole is an absolute legend, of course. you can use him as a litmus test for non-united fans (or united fans tbh) - if they don't rate andy cole then they know £#%&! all about football. superb player, ahead of his time in many ways, with his pace and super-intelligent movement he'd have been perfect for a modern front three.
how come if I rate andy cole, I started watching in last season of Ruud's time?

As sniffer said, you always exaggarate 'top red'.

Ruud couldn't finish with left foot. Very rarely did he use his left foot. Don't even £#%&!ing compare with fat ronaldo. isn't fit to lace his boots.

Unread 02-08-2010, 08:10 AM
borsuk

Quote:
how come if I rate andy cole, I started watching in last season of Ruud's time?

As sniffer said, you always exaggarate 'top red'.

Ruud couldn't finish with left foot. Very rarely did he use his left foot. Don't even £#%&!ing compare with fat ronaldo. isn't fit to lace his boots.
youtube's a wonderful thing.

if andy cole had played with (cristiano) ronaldo you'd probably hate him too for holding him back

Unread 02-08-2010, 08:14 AM
waynes ear's

dont rise to rafabio. he/she/it is a £#%&!ing weapon

Unread 02-08-2010, 08:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
"United forever, whatever the weather. Less than one hundred percent? Never!"

Unread 02-08-2010, 08:25 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
"United forever, whatever the weather. Less than one hundred percent? Never!"

best lyricist of his generation nqat

Unread 02-08-2010, 08:28 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
best lyricist of his generation nqat
cole > boyle

Unread 02-08-2010, 08:34 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Said it before about Cole but after his vilification for west ham 95 :shakehead: I was also so glad it was him who got the winner in 99. What a £#%&!ing finish in that atmosphere, i'm still nervous now when I see Ferdinand but them one up

Unread 02-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Zorg

Thumbs up Re: The combination between Cole and Yorke was out of this world

Thought I'd post this here as people have mentioned RVN.

Loved Cole though, agree that those who didn't rate him were absolute #@&%!s. Not only was he a fantastic striker but he set up tons of goals too, especially in 95-96.

Unread 02-08-2010, 11:57 AM
red in cumbria

Both RvN and Cole were fantastic players, nqat

Those who feel the need to prove their "top redness" by playing one off against the other should STFU

Unread 02-08-2010, 12:11 PM
safingtons

^Yes.

But anyone dissing King Cole while overhyping Ruud needs a punch in the face. Agree with what most Hafabio says.

Unread 02-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Sullingtons

Thumbs down Re: The combination between Cole and Yorke was out of this world

Blue @#%&!.

Unread 02-08-2010, 12:17 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
Blue @#%&!.

Unread 02-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
Blue @#%&!.
safingtons is a blue? Explains a lot tbh.

Unread 02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I repeat again, without beckham pinging in those crosses and ruud waiting constantly in the penalty box, he would not have got that many goals.
can't believe people are arguing this point tbh

Ruud's goals tally would've been significantly lower if nobody passed to him imo

Unread 02-08-2010, 01:06 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Thought I'd post this here as people have mentioned RVN.

YouTube- Ruud van Nistelrooy - Best Goals for Man Utd

Loved Cole though, agree that those who didn't rate him were absolute #@&%!s. Not only was he a fantastic striker but he set up tons of goals too, especially in 95-96.
His pace for that goal at highbury great night that was...watched it with r kid in Squares (ripip) and he was convinced we'd blown the league that night naturally I knew we'd go on to win it
Closed Thread