United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-05-2008, 02:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Sky Sports 1 7pm Tonight - “It’s a wonderful run from Giggs”

The story of Ryan Giggs is documented on Sky Sports tonight, with stories about his early career at City, being a tight bastard, and that goal against Arsenal.

In the programme, “It’s a wonderful run from Giggs”, Sir Alex Ferguson, Eric Cantona, Mark Hughes, Paul Ince, Lee Sharpe, Paul Scholes, Phil Neville, Nicky Butt and Kaka are amongst the people commenting on Giggs’ career.

City

“Two or three of us, the best players in [my junior] team, went down to City, we used to go on a Thursday night at Platt Lane,” said Giggs. “I enjoyed it but I was a United fan! I remember turning up in a red top and was made to take it off! I’d wanted to play for United from an early age. Obviously I was at City but City hadn’t really approached me with a contract even though I’d trained there for two or three years. I think maybe they assumed that I’d sign for them, I don’t know, but I’d enjoyed the week at United, it just felt like home. I had no hesitation in signing.”

Tight bastard

“He’s tight, very tight,” said Giggs’ former team mate, Phil Neville. “He’s always borrowing money – off Butty, Gaz, myself – on nights out. When he was living in Manchester he got a lift in with my brother (Gary) every day to save money. My brother didn’t realise what he’d been used for, he thought he’d gained a good friend!”

Kaka

“These are the good things about football,” said the Brazil star. “One day I am watching Ryan Giggs play, or I am playing with him on my Playstation, and now I am actually playing against him in real matches.”

Unread 29-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Jack Duckworth

nice one

Unread 29-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Looking forward to it. Nice one bedders.

Unread 29-05-2008, 04:56 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
The story of Ryan Giggs is documented on Sky Sports tonight, with stories about his early career at City, being a tight bastard, and that goal against Arsenal.

In the programme, “It’s a wonderful run from Giggs”, Sir Alex Ferguson, Eric Cantona, Mark Hughes, Paul Ince, Lee Sharpe, Paul Scholes, Phil Neville, Nicky Butt and Kaka are amongst the people commenting on Giggs’ career.

City

“Two or three of us, the best players in [my junior] team, went down to City, we used to go on a Thursday night at Platt Lane,” said Giggs. “I enjoyed it but I was a United fan! I remember turning up in a red top and was made to take it off! I’d wanted to play for United from an early age. Obviously I was at City but City hadn’t really approached me with a contract even though I’d trained there for two or three years. I think maybe they assumed that I’d sign for them, I don’t know, but I’d enjoyed the week at United, it just felt like home. I had no hesitation in signing.”

Tight bastard

“He’s tight, very tight,” said Giggs’ former team mate, Phil Neville. “He’s always borrowing money – off Butty, Gaz, myself – on nights out. When he was living in Manchester he got a lift in with my brother (Gary) every day to save money. My brother didn’t realise what he’d been used for, he thought he’d gained a good friend!”

Kaka

“These are the good things about football,” said the Brazil star. “One day I am watching Ryan Giggs play, or I am playing with him on my Playstation, and now I am actually playing against him in real matches.”
there's no point £#%&!ing watching it now

Unread 29-05-2008, 05:21 PM
History

I don't think i will be able to watch it will anyone be able to put it up for download after?

Unread 29-05-2008, 06:01 PM
toseeunited

Exclamation

bttt it's comin on now!!

Unread 29-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Coracao

Talking

good story about george graham

Unread 29-05-2008, 06:59 PM
History

Managed to watch it, but £#%&! me anyone else getting sad watching that? Knowing he is near the end.

Unread 29-05-2008, 06:59 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

LEGEND
LE.I
LEG
LEG
LES

Unread 29-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Managed to watch it, but £#%&! me anyone else getting sad watching that? Knowing he is near the end.
Aye. So many £#%&!ing memories it's untrue.

Just remembered we qualified as one of the best runners up for the quarters of the CL in '99.

I think i've actually enjoyed Giggs' performances more in recent years, which seems weird.

What a £#%&!ing guy.

Unread 29-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Firswood Red

always remember reading about Giggsy in the evening news in about 1990 or 91.

Don't remember who the journo was but he raving about Giggs, there was a lot of talk about been Sharpey but the journo went about that if you think Sharpey is class wait till you see Giggsy. How right he was.

There was nothing like Giggsy goasting past players in his prime, still the most exciting player I've seen in a red shirt.

Unread 29-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Flowers of Manchester

those who missed it, its repeated at 10.15

Unread 29-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Mr_Ed

Talking of tight, I've cancelled my sky sports subscription for the summer. Can somebody post it online later?

TIA

Unread 29-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Mark Corrigan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers of Manchester
those who missed it, its repeated at 10.15
Nice one pal

Unread 29-05-2008, 07:35 PM
RedArmy20

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
LEGEND
LE.I
LEG
LEG
LES

Unread 29-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Ashley's Grime

I loved the quote from that shitty scout :

"Maybe signing for united was the better move, who knows".

Unread 29-05-2008, 08:44 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
I loved the quote from that shitty scout :

"Maybe signing for united was the better move, who knows".
I laughed at that too even the scouts are £#%&!ing bitter

Unread 29-05-2008, 08:58 PM
withapacketofsweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
LEGEND
LE.I
LEG
LEG
LES
Any chance of you getting this programme up for downloading mate, ive turned off my sky sports for the summer, Cheers

Unread 29-05-2008, 09:19 PM
armchair

It's repeated NOW on sky 1 or ss

Unread 29-05-2008, 09:35 PM
dunk

What a player and role model.

I don't really have heroes, as such, but if I did, he would have to be number 1.

Just try ad think of all the next big things in football that have come along and fallen by the wayside while Giggsy just carried on going about his business.

Giggsy shitist performance is worth twice Harry Kewell's best ever, and tht's just for starters.
Closed Thread