United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-06-2018, 09:36 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Not a slaphead but does look sufficiently neo nazi enough for me to want us to sign him.

Looks like a thin Luke Shaw

Unread 17-06-2018, 09:41 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Anyway -we need fast players to hoover up the loose balls, not a slow vac.

Bastard.

Unread 17-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Because he is potentially a significant upgrade on the others, and is at a good age. May go on to be one of the top few in Europe.

Ultimately, we need to be looking beyond the top 6 in England and compete in Europe.
Agree but with a a transfer kitty that is not unlimited we need to address the more problematic areas of the team.

Unread 17-06-2018, 10:07 AM
AK14

Quote:
Because he is potentially a significant upgrade on the others, and is at a good age. May go on to be one of the top few in Europe.

Ultimately, we need to be looking beyond the top 6 in England and compete in Europe.
Yep, we need a quality player back there nqat. Hopefully this Dalot kid turns up to be a quality footballer and with Fred likely then if we can add a CB and a right winger I’d be happy tbh.

Obviously I’d like a left back and another CM but I’m not sure we’ll be singing 6 players in one window tbh.

Unread 17-06-2018, 10:16 AM
holebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Sounds like a mid level villain in a Thor movie.

For that reason, I’m out.

I remember Lindelof having a good short haircut and then he turns up looking like a Swedish Patrick Bateman about to go to lacrosse with his buddies from Corporate.

Anyway -we need fast players to hoover up the loose balls, not a slow vac.
Have you played Lacrosse! Not for the feint hearted.

Unread 17-06-2018, 11:06 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep, we need a quality player back there nqat. Hopefully this Dalot kid turns up to be a quality footballer and with Fred likely then if we can add a CB and a right winger I’d be happy tbh.

Obviously I’d like a left back and another CM but I’m not sure we’ll be singing 6 players in one window tbh.
Absolute balls, the problem we have is we don't score anywhere near enough, Liverpool got to the Champs league final with Dejan Lovren playing centre half and lost to two of the biggest keeper Ł#%&! ups in history and an absolute once in a career overhead kick.

Our centre halves aren't the issue, not even nearly. Dithering over paying top dollar for potentially worldie centre mids and full backs and then paying top dollar for another centre half is not going to propel us up the league.

Unread 17-06-2018, 11:15 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Absolute balls, the problem we have is we don't score anywhere near enough, Liverpool got to the Champs league final with Dejan Lovren playing centre half and lost to two of the biggest keeper Ł#%&! ups in history and an absolute once in a career overhead kick.

Our centre halves aren't the issue, not even nearly. Dithering overpaying top dollar for potentially worldie centre mids and full backs and then paying top dollar for another centre half is not going to propel us up the league.
Also had that 70 odd million pound centre back playing. Could be relevant to your point.

Unread 17-06-2018, 12:25 PM
AK14

Quote:

Our centre halves aren't the issue, not even nearly. Dithering over paying top dollar for potentially worldie centre mids and full backs and then paying top dollar for another centre half is not going to propel us up the league.
Who said they were the problem or issue?

We need quality players in many positions and if this bloke is available (and as good as people say) we’d be stupid not to go for him.

What I would say is we have 6 CB’s at the club and only one is fit on a regular basis. Now that is an issue when trying to build a side good enough to compete for major trophies.

Unread 17-06-2018, 02:17 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
This. Every first team player should be amongst the top 6 in Europe for their position, or be young and good enough to be of use now whilst developing into being one of the best. There’s no excuse now, given the money we pay and our standing in the game.

There was a time we had the best or second best player in Britain for every position. That’s where we’ve let things slide badly over the past 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Agree but with a a transfer kitty that is not unlimited we need to address the more problematic areas of the team.
Maybe you should inform mourinho what they are.

Quote:
They also finished fourth in the league.

Unread 17-06-2018, 04:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Looks like a thin Luke Shaw
Oxymoron?
Closed Thread