Closed Thread

Unread 24-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Zorg

Football Five reasons why Van Gaal is worse than Moyes

Someone was paid to write this

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...s-9748570.html

Quote:
5. Experience

Moyes took the job hand-picked by Sir Alex Ferguson for his work at Everton. Just one Champions League play-off and one fourth-placed finish was the highlight of his C.V. Van Gaal has won eight league titles in four different countries and a Champions League with Ajax in 1994/95.

No apologies if posted, I don't give a shite.

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:33 PM
koppas

I cringe a little when they always bring up the European Cup win in 1995.

Fair play, it was a great achievement, but it was a side full of freakishly good players bought through from the academy. I don't think there has ever been a better bunch of players to come through one club at the same time as there was when Kluivert, Overmars, Davids, Seedorf etc all appeared. And I include the Class of 92 in that.

And it was 20 years ago...

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas

Fair play, it was a great achievement, but it was a side full of freakishly good players bought through from the academy. I don't think there has ever been a better bunch of players to come through one club at the same time as there was when Kluivert, Overmars, Davids, Seedorf etc all appeared. And I include the Class of 92 in that.

Agree slightly (though it was still an incredible achievement - LVG was the one who made those players what they were).... but here they appear to be using the fact that LVG won the champions league as evidence that he is a worse United manager than Moyes.

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Yeah because that's cheating.

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:39 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah because that's cheating.
I never said it was cheating I am implying any half decent manager could've stuck them in a team and got them winning the CL that year.

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:40 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Personally, I find that I cringe whenever I’m subjected to one of your ‘insights’ on Manchester United.

YHBR.

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:45 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
I never said it was cheating I am implying any half decent manager could've stuck them in a team and got them winning the CL that year.

Is that a joke? It takes a top class manager to do that like fergie and LVG.

Steve BRuce is a half decent manager would he have led Ajax to the title? would he £#%&!

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:45 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Personally, I find that I cringe whenever I’m subjected to one of your ‘insights’ on Manchester United.

YHBR.
Not really arsed, tbh.

Oh no, bad rep, whatever will I do? :shakehead:

YHGR.

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:46 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yeah, i mean - what competition did they have? Besides obviously Fabio Capello's Milan team with Albertini, Costacurta, Maldini, Baresi and Boban in it?

They played them 3 times during that Champions league campaign, beat them 3 times, scoring 5 and conceding 0.

That was the reigning European champions Milan a side recognised as one of the all-time greats. They also stuck 5 goals past Bayern in the Semis as well.

But I suppose any old dunce could have done that.

Stick to boxing you clown.

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:48 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah, i mean - what competition did they have? Besides obviously Fabio Capello's Milan team with Albertini, Costacurta, Maldini, Baresi and Boban in it?

They played them 3 times during that Champions league campaign, beat them 3 times, scoring 5 and conceding 0.

That's was the reigning European champions Milan. They also stuck 5 goals past Bayern in the Semis as well.

But I suppose any old dunce could have done that.

Stick to boxing you clown.
Fair comment.

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:49 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Oh no, bad rep, whatever will I do? :shakehead:
Post another thread announcing you’re off, before crawling back a few weeks later?

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:50 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Post another thread announcing you’re off, before crawling back a few weeks later?
At least he announced pal

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:50 PM
koppas

Quote:
That is certainly an option.

Unread 24-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
At least he announced pal

Unread 24-09-2014, 02:11 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Scholesys up on his hind legs and is slugging it out toe to toe with watcher!

Unread 24-09-2014, 02:17 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Fair comment.

im not sure if your boxing wisdom is any better tbf

Unread 24-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Crumps

So Koppas is still a £#%&!ing idiot it seems.

Unread 24-09-2014, 02:23 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Scholesys up on his hind legs and is slugging it out toe to toe with watcher!
WTF! Was that a shot at me? I'd no idea what he was going on about

HHBR.

Unread 24-09-2014, 02:24 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
WTF! Was that a shot at me? I'd no idea what he was going on about

HHBR.
wasn't a shot pal, you'd know if it was
Closed Thread