United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:05 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Of course there is. I find top level women’s tennis highly enjoyable, and the women’s side of the athletics world championships was brilliant to watch. None of those competing would stand a chance against Djokovic or Bolt but it doesn’t matter because the quality is there; no one needs to tell you how to interpret what you’re watching or imply that if you don’t enjoy it there’s something morally wrong with you.

True equality also includes equality of criticism unfortunately, but this is another realm where critics have mysteriously morphed into “haters”. So tiresome.
What is the difference between quality and standard? Because the standard of womens athletics and tennis is clearly garbage if you directly compare it to the mens, but apparently the quality is there so we’re allowed to enjoy it

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:20 PM
Wayne Jenkins

The people I've seen who say women's football is of a decent standard are Twitter virtue signallers, or people who aren't football fans.

A lot of work to do to improve overall technique and conditioning of the players. In this country at least, the funding would appear to be there now to do that.

Unread 02-08-2022, 01:16 PM
Ethers

Decent standard compared to what? I’ve seen nobody saying it’s a decent standard compared to the top of the men’s game, that would be ridiculous. Certainly there’s an argument to be made against the lower levels of the mens football pyramid though. They were all in good shape, and tried to play the game the right way without resorting to hoofing it up top. Im not sure what level of means team they could realistically beat, purely because of the inherent difference in strength and physicality. Would be interested to see though .

Unread 02-08-2022, 02:01 PM
Wayne Jenkins

I'm talking in abolute, not relative terms.

The standard isn't very good from what I've seen, and big improvements are needed in terms of technique and conditioning. At least if you want consistently large viewing figures and more revenue coming in.

No idea why we're talking about men's teams. And frankly it's already been done with Swedens and the United States' teams playing boys teams.

Unread 02-08-2022, 03:17 PM
jem

women's football isn't about being able to beat boys' teams. any 13-yr old could beat the shit out of his mother.

I thought the quality of some of the passing and movement was excellent (by any standard). sure, they give the ball away a bit, but so do united. heading a bit shit. keepers a bit shit (not ours), but would look better if the goals shrunk.

it's nothing like a contest between top men's teams, but it filled a gap.

Unread 02-08-2022, 03:31 PM
tatty

Who gives a £#%&!.

Well done on winning but just crack on without making it a drama.

Unread 02-08-2022, 04:10 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Is Martin Samuel on the womens payroll?

He's been preaching that there is no difference now between men and womens football, the Euro final was an all time classic of mesmerising football and this morning chastising sexist men that they have NO EXCUSE for not going to womens games anymore.
Most of the people who watch womens football are men. Strange men but men all the same.

You know who really doesn't give a £#%&! about women's football? Women.
Closed Thread