United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2009, 10:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Fulham - The Official Thread

Need to go very attacking tonight I think, Fulham are somehow pretty solid defensively. Think I'd go with summat like this :-

VDS
Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman
Nani
Carrick
Giggs
Ronnie
Berbatov
Tevez

Unread 18-02-2009, 10:28 AM
hopkins

Scholes will start with Carrick in the middle
nft

Unread 18-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Smeggs

scholes in for giggs, fletch in for nani.

Unread 18-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
Scholes will start with Carrick in the middle
nft
Yes he will.

VDS
Rafael Rio Vidic Evra (wouldn't be suprised to see different, Fulham are not great away)
Ronaldo Scholes Carrick Nani
Tevez Berbs

Unread 18-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Coracao

...............................VDS

Neville..........Rio......Evans.........Evra

Ronaldo....Carrick...Scholes......Nani

.............Tevez.....Berbatov

I don't think Giggs will play as he played 90 minutes.

Rio, I think may be rested on Saturday. I'd give Evans a place for the next two games, as he will be starting next week.

Neville will be playing in Milan, as Brown isn't fit. So, I doubt he'll be playing on Saturday either.

Unread 18-02-2009, 10:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
scholes in for giggs, fletch in for nani.
You are almost certainly right and I'd be happy with that, jusy want Giggs to play every game at the moment though I know it isn't really possible. i think it'd be a waste to play Fletch in a wide position or in a 3 in midfield, we are at home after all, we should go aout and try and score some goals.

Unread 18-02-2009, 10:36 AM
forzagarza

Save hours typing every week by just putting "Evra" instead of "Senelgalese Superman"

Unread 18-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You are almost certainly right and I'd be happy with that, jusy want Giggs to play every game at the moment though I know it isn't really possible. i think it'd be a waste to play Fletch in a wide position or in a 3 in midfield, we are at home after all, we should go aout and try and score some goals.

yeah and it might be good for nani to try and get some momentum going i guess but the likes of davies and murphy work quite hard and i just think with all the attackers in there fletch would be better.

can see giggs being the first sub if all isn't going to plan just after half time. joy to watch at the minute.

Unread 18-02-2009, 10:37 AM
magic_cantona

I'm just eagerly waiting to see Wazza back in the shirt. Praying that he plays some part tonight.

As for the team:

VDS
Rafael
Rio
Evans
Evra

Nani
Cazza
Scholes
Ronaldo

Tevez
Berbs

I think he'll rest either Rio or Vida, definately Giggs.

Unread 18-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
...............................VDS

Neville..........Rio......Evans.........Evra

Ronaldo....Carrick...Scholes......Nani

.............Tevez.....Berbatov

I don't think Giggs will play as he played 90 minutes.

Rio, I think may be rested on Saturday. I'd give Evans a place for the next two games, as he will be starting next week.

Neville will be playing in Milan, as Brown isn't fit. So, I doubt he'll be playing on Saturday either.
In addition, if we win tonight. I am expecting a vastly different side to be playing on Saturday...I can see the explosions of rage already when the teams are announced at around 4:45pm

Unread 18-02-2009, 10:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
yeah and it might be good for nani to try and get some momentum going i guess but the likes of davies and murphy work quite hard and i just think with all the attackers in there fletch would be better.

can see giggs being the first sub if all isn't going to plan just after half time. joy to watch at the minute.
I don't think we should try and match up against Fulham, we should pick a team to beat them and score goals.

Unread 18-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Ginners

fulham very poor away from home.

im going for..

VDS

rafael
rio
vidic
evra

ronaldo
carrick
scholes
nani

tevez
berbie

0-0 HT
2-0 FT

Unread 18-02-2009, 10:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Fulham squad :-

Schwarzer, Hughes, Konchesky, Pantsil, Hangeland, Johnson, Zamora, Nevland, Gera, Murphy, Kamara, Gray, Zuberbuhler, Stoor, Dempsey, Davies, Milsom, Brown, Kallio, Barnes, Dacourt

Anyone know a likely team? Don't know much about 'em meself except they have a reasonably stingy defence.

Unread 18-02-2009, 11:58 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I think he'll rest either Rio or Vida, definately Giggs.
No point resting Vidic as he's banned for the game in Milan. Evans may get a start in order to give him enough minutes in the build up to that game. Hopefully Wes will get a start too, for similar reasons.

VDS

Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Park
Carrick
Scholes
Ronnie

Berbatov
Tevez

Unread 18-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Harri Jaffa

I would of thought Fergie is already resting Giggs for Inter

Unread 18-02-2009, 12:08 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I would of thought Fergie is already resting Giggs for Inter
A couple of weeks back, I thought there was no way Giggs would play in Milan. But after his recent performances, I'm beginning to think he may be in contention.

Unread 18-02-2009, 12:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
A couple of weeks back, I thought there was no way Giggs would play in Milan. But after his recent performances, I'm beginning to think he may be in contention.
Definitely, gonna need his class, composure and pace in the midfield that night.

Unread 18-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I think we may go like this in Milan:

...........................VDS

Nev.........Rio.......Evans........Evra

.........Carrick......Fletcher

Ronaldo.......Giggs............Rooney

...............Berbatov

Not ideal for Rooney, but I think in the form Giggs is in, he has to play.

If we go with a 2 man central midfield, then I expect Park to play on the left and either Fletcher or Giggs missing out and Rooney playing centrally.

Unread 18-02-2009, 12:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

...............Berbatov

If we go with a 2 man central midfield, then I expect Park to play on the left and either Fletcher or Giggs missing out and Rooney playing centrally.
Park will play against Inter i'd have thought, Fergie loves him in games like that in Europe. Personally i'd go with your team.

Unread 18-02-2009, 12:16 PM
The Watcher

Quote:

...............Berbatov

I really £#%&!ing hope Neville doesn't play.
Closed Thread