United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:06 PM
marlo

we havent performed well away from home against a top team in europe for a while so a draw would be ok.

i fancy us to beat them by 2 goals at ot if we can keep zlatan quiet which rio should be able to do with either evans or vidic.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaniard
I guess thread this isnt the worst transgression, but sometimes yesterdays news reguritated into new info get tiresome.
Babelfish?

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I guess thread this isnt the worst transgression, but sometimes yesterdays news reguritated into new info get tiresome.
You've been here 3 months and think you are the forum police.

Tell us your other login.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:08 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
we havent performed well away from home against a top team in europe for a while so a draw would be ok.

i fancy us to beat them by 2 goals at ot if we can keep zlatan quiet which rio should be able to do with either evans or vidic.
We could do with a goal away from home I reckon.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Coracao

I have a feeling quite a few are going to get rested on Saturday, in preparation for this game.

Here is my early prediction...

..............................VDS

Rafael........Vidic.......Evans.....Evra

Nani....Fletcher....Scholes.....Park

..........Rooney...Tevez

Perhaps even PIG or Foster in net. O'Shea seemed to have a problem when he came off, so I doubt he'll be playing.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Is he an international?
He's actually been keeping Dani Alves out of the Brazil side for the last couple of years. Personally I think that's wrong, but it says a lot for his form since moving to Inter. Definitely their standout player this season along with Zlatan and likely to be a major factor in the tie.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I have a feeling quite a few are going to get rested on Saturday, in preparation for this game.

..........Rooney...Tevez

Perhaps even PIG or Foster in net. O'Shea seemed to have a problem when he came off, so I doubt he'll be playing.
I'd expect Rio and Evans to play CB if anything, get 'em ready for Inter, Blackburn might apply a similar if far lesser test as they'll likely play it up to Santa Cruz and try and play off him.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:11 PM
wiganste

Quote:

..........Rooney...Tevez

VDS will definitely play against t'Rovers. This clean sheet business has become a bit of an obsession imo

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Spaniard

Quote:
None. Now it seems nobody except you is having an issue with this thread so why don't you quietly £#%&! off somewhere else, there's a good lad.
I can see I've hurt you're feelings .

I'm surprised at the ease with which you get upset. To be fair, there are probably some on here who dont want to read the auto-freds and just come on the main forum and look for your name .

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's actually been keeping Dani Alves out of the Brazil side for the last couple of years. Personally I think that's wrong, but it says a lot for his form since moving to Inter. Definitely their standout player this season along with Zlatan and likely to be a major factor in the tie.
Interesting, well we have the best fullback in the world to counter him.

marlo

Quote:
We could do with a goal away from home I reckon.
maybe an equalising one but for some reason we never ever perform to our potential away from home. always falling short.

at old trafford we should beat them but its at the san siro im worried about. especially with the fact fergie might try and do something 'out the blue' to spring the element of suprise on mourinho who has been going out of his way to let us know he has been watching us etc

id take a score draw at the san siro so that we wont be to cautious about conceeding at ot.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I can see I've hurt you're feelings .

I'm surprised at the ease with which you get upset. To be fair, there are probably some on here who dont want to read the auto-freds and just come on the main forum and look for your name .
Not upset, enjoying a decent football discussion actually.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I'd expect Rio and Evans to play CB if anything, get 'em ready for Inter, Blackburn might apply a similar if far lesser test as they'll likely play it up to Santa Cruz and try and play off him.
I think the focus will be on Rio not getting injured because if he does...then frankly, we're in the shit for Tuesday. I don't think Evans and Rio particularly need a game together. Besides, they played together last weekend anyway...albeit against a limited side.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I think the focus will be on Rio not getting injured because if he does...then frankly, we're in the shit for Tuesday. I don't think Evans and Rio particularly need a game together. Besides, they played together last weekend anyway...albeit against a limited side.
You may be right and rio has been a bit fragile recently.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Spaniard

Quote:
Not upset, enjoying a decent football discussion actually.
Good lad, I'll leave you to it then.

The alternative login stuff is %@#$&!s though. As if most forumistas need one because they dont have the boll#@&%!s to say whats on their mind over the internet .

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:19 PM
sullers

there's no team in Europe we can't beat.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:20 PM
dodger

Quote:
I don't think that's going to happen. Rio and vidic will play at the weekend, that's why Evans got half an hour last night. It may be wrong but I suspect not.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:21 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman

Thought you were an inter supporter

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

we have one of the best full-backs yep, Maicon is another one of them, as is Alves

if United can match their away form of last season in the CL knock-out phases I'd say we'll be just fine - a combination of the three away ties would be ideal, controlling the game in France, shutting down Barca fairly comfortably and producing world class quality to demoralise Roma. Combine all that with the expansive brilliance of the 1st half in Moscow and we'll be laughing.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I don't think that's going to happen. Rio and vidic will play at the weekend, that's why Evans got half an hour last night. It may be wrong but I suspect not.
O'Shea went off with an injury. Or at least he looked to have done.
Closed Thread