United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaniard
Ginners you're a genius .

Spain are a very good team, but they havent been required to be anywhere near their best against this England team.

We made an approach for him last summer, but his agent said he wasnt interested in a move to England. Small-time git.

I still remember that goal he scored against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. What a flippin' goal.
England have half a team out to be fair. Therein lies the problem though, simply not enough options.

Unread 11-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Ginners

Quote:
We made an approach for him last summer, but his agent said he wasnt interested in a move to England. Small-time git.

I still remember that goal he scored against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. What a flippin' goal.
cant blame him wanting to live in spain instead of england, hell of player.

spain would walk the world cup if it was this year

Unread 11-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Spaniard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
England have half a team out to be fair. Therein lies the problem though, simply not enough options.
Yeah not sure how much difference it would make though - Gerrard is shit for England, and Rooney would improve the overall team play, but strike-rate is poor.

Still, Capello will be realising how much better Rio is than the likes of Upson and Terry right about now .

Still dont get why Woodgate doesnt get picked

Unread 11-02-2009, 11:54 PM
marlo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde

Unread 11-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Spaniard

Quote:
cant blame him wanting to live in spain instead of england, hell of player.

Dunno, tournaments dont really work like that do they?

Argentina looked quality in 2006, but Pekerman #@&%!ed up royally in taking off Riqueleme against Germany and not bringing on Messi. Now they got Arguero though so they would have to be up there.

Unread 11-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Dunno, tournaments dont really work like that do they?

Argentina looked quality in 2006, but Pekerman #@&%!ed up royally in taking off Riqueleme against Germany and not bringing on Messi. Now they got Arguero though so they would have to be up there.
argentina vs spain final spain win 1-0 after extra time torres 118minutes volley outside the box

Unread 12-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Yeah not sure how much difference it would make though - Gerrard is shit for England, and Rooney would improve the overall team play, but strike-rate is poor.

Still, Capello will be realising how much better Rio is than the likes of Upson and Terry right about now .

Still dont get why Woodgate doesnt get picked
For me, there is half a team not playing tonight:

Brown
Rio
Gerrard
Cole
Rooney

Then you have Hargreaves too.

If England are missing those players then they simply can't be replaced (Brown is probably the exception, as the other four are arguably England's most talented players).

Some of the players out their now, simply aren't of a good enough standard. Although, I wouldn't read a great deal into this friendly, but some of them prove they aren't week in, week out.

I agree re Woodgate, i've always rated him quite highly. I think Capello has dropped a %@#$&! picking Terry as captain too.

Unread 12-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Spaniard

Quote:
argentina vs spain final spain win 1-0 after extra time torres 118minutes volley outside the box
La Puta!

Unread 12-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Spaniard

Quote:
For me, there is half a team not playing tonight:

Brown
Rio
Gerrard
Cole
Rooney

Then you have Hargreaves too.

If England are missing those players then they simply can't be replaced (Brown is probably the exception, as the other four are arguably England's most talented players).

Some of the players out their now, simply aren't of a good enough standard. Although, I wouldn't read a great deal into this friendly, but some of them prove they aren't week in, week out.

I agree re Woodgate, i've always rated him quite highly. I think Capello has dropped a %@#$&! picking Terry as captain too.
He is a racist @#%&! . Picks Terry as Capo because he is white, then says Spain has no problem with racism.

Joe Cole is one I forgot, but he has been a pile of £#%&! this season.

Btw, do you know why Ashley didnt play. Downing is a #@&%!, though quite a few on here go to bed at night dreaming of him in a United shirt .

Unread 12-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
the whole team, defenders, keeper, strikers, are all technically outstanding.

technique doesnt mean doing fancy step overs and tricks you know.
they're not technically outstanding at all

they are at the level required technically

as pointed out, they are highly proficient at ball retention; good timing, good spacial awareness controlling the ball away from the opposition whenever possible

they have a great shape and know how to move for each other within it

they also have one or two special players with creativity and imagination

England's basic technique tonight all over the pitch would probably make any team look technically outstanding

Unread 12-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
they're not technically outstanding at all

they are at the level required technically

as pointed out, they are highly proficient at ball retention; good timing, good spacial awareness controlling the ball away from the opposition whenever possible

they have a great shape and know how to move for each other within it

they also have one or two special players with creativity and imagination

England's basic technique tonight all over the pitch would probably make any team look technically outstanding
not sure if youre still watching but big sam just said how good they were technically

Unread 12-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Indeed. They're hardly on a level with some of the old Brazilian sides.

They are extremely good at ball retention.

Out of interest TT, everybody fit, what would be your England XI?
hmm, can't even think of a partner for Rooney

keeper?

Brown
Ferdinand
Terry?
Cole?

Beckham
Hargreaves
Carrick
Cole?
Gerrard

Rooney

forgotten some players but can't think who - Young, Shite-Phillips, Downing, Upson, Green blah blah blah

Unread 12-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
not sure if youre still watching but big sam just said how good they were technically
yeah they were good technically

but they weren't outstanding

Xavi and Iniesta are tremendous footballers, of course

Unread 12-02-2009, 12:26 AM
silv

that was so boring i fell asleep.. cheers england, ill not keep for ages tonight now

Unread 12-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Sparky***

I didn't bother watching the game, but just looking at the starting line-up it's no £#%&!ing wonder we lost.

Jagielka ffs.

Unread 12-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I didn't bother watching the game, but just looking at the starting line-up it's no £#%&!ing wonder we lost.

Jagielka ffs.
he deserved to start based on form imo.

thats one thing i like about capello, he isnt afraid to put players in based on form.

Unread 12-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Jagielka ffs.
Well your not in a position to drop your Top Red Comments on the thread then...surely.

Unread 12-02-2009, 11:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Jagielka ffs.
Good player Jagielka, snuffed out Torres for Everton a week or so ago. Not his fault he has to play next to the empty husk of a player that is JT The Lionheart.

Unread 12-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Well your not in a position to drop your Top Red Comments on the thread then...surely.
I'll do as I please.

Unread 12-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I'll do as I please.
Jagielka was in the Team because he is having a very good season. Deserves his place....

He got run all over the shop by villa but he deserved to start.

Decent player.
Closed Thread