United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2011, 03:29 PM
solidstool

Default Re: Big game tonight

Shalke lost their home game on Saturday, 1-0 to Kaiserslautern, a team that are 12th in the Bundesliga. They have a zero goal difference and are in the bottom half of the table.

Its a bit like getting Fulham in a Champions League semi. Really shouldnt £#%&! that up.

Unread 26-04-2011, 03:32 PM
MUFC One Love

If we have ago, which I think we will, this season Fergie, domestically anyway, in away games, has definitely been setting us up to have more of ago, if we do tonight we'll get goals.

Fancy us to win tonight. Rooney and Chich is becoming one of the most lethal partnerships in Europe tbh. They're always a threat, even if the opposition are having a decent spell, them 2 can kill anyone on the break.

How many goals does Chich have in all comps this season now?

How didn't he win PFA Young Player?

A young striker who has never played in Europe coming over cheap and cementing a place in United's forward line in his first season, surely he should have?

Unread 26-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
If we have ago, which I think we will, this season Fergie, domestically anyway, in away games, has definitely been setting us up to have more of ago, if we do tonight we'll get goals.

Fancy us to win tonight. Rooney and Chich is becoming one of the most lethal partnerships in Europe tbh. They're always a threat, even if the opposition are having a decent spell, them 2 can kill anyone on the break.

A young striker who has never played in Europe coming over cheap and cementing a place in United's forward line in his first season, surely he should have?
have to, agree, tbh.

Unread 26-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Cream

It's just not the season to be fretting about europe.

Any other year I'd be dreaming of beating barca/real in the final, but to overturn Liverpool's league tally would be something special - especially to us older @#%&!s.

Like NaesSean said: it's a good position to be in for us toppermost of reds. Let's £#%&! em up smokey.

Unread 26-04-2011, 03:41 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
It's just not the season to be fretting about europe.

Any other year I'd be dreaming of beating barca/real in the final, but to overturn Liverpool's league tally would be something special - especially to us older @#%&!s.

Like NaesSean said: it's a good position to be in for us toppermost of reds. Let's £#%&! em up smokey.
this

Unread 26-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Allenby Chilton

Shalke really aren't all that. There are goals to be had in this tie. I fancy us to win 2-1 tonight and finish it at Old Trafford next week. Once the league is wrapped up I'll start worrying about the final

Unread 26-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

I admire you're optimism and positivity - better late than never

but I do think you're going overboard a touch here tbh

Rooney and Hernandez haven't really killed anyone on the break in the recent run. in fact United have generally been crafting their goals rather than relying on power and speed on the counter, Park's winner in the last round aside

the run of late is formed off the back of a platform of excellent defence, with just 5 goals shipped in the last 10 games since the vermin match.

Unread 26-04-2011, 04:08 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I admire you're optimism and positivity - better late than never

but I do think you're going overboard a touch here tbh

Rooney and Hernandez haven't really killed anyone on the break in the recent run. in fact United have generally been crafting their goals rather than relying on power and speed on the counter, Park's winner in the last round aside

the run of late is formed off the back of a platform of excellent defence, with just 5 goals shipped in the last 10 games since the vermin match.
I just meant the way they work tbh, Rooney deep with Hernandez' pace a constant threat. I really do think just Hernandez' movement alone upsets defenders who want to just sit in when teams park the bus against us.

Nani shifting to the left is hurting us in an attacking sense, he's no where near as productive as he is on the right, sadly. I think you can see in his body language he is far happier on the right, too. He'll be on the right tonight, with Park left, imo.

Unread 26-04-2011, 04:09 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
have to, agree, tbh.

Don't know what happened, there, pal.

Unread 26-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Jethro

Well we know which side the ref will favor tonight.

Unread 26-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

ne ne ne nineteen

Unread 26-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

scored 18 in 15 different games

made 22 starts & 17 sub apps in all comps

scored in 4 of 12 league starts (7 goals total)

scored in 5 of 12 sub apps in the league

scored in 3 of 10 starts in cups (4 goals)

scored in 2 of 5 apps as a sub in cups

scored in the CL 2nd Rd & Q/F as well as in Valencia in the crunch group fixture

also scored as a sub in the Charity Shield game, not included

Unread 26-04-2011, 04:52 PM
waynes ear's

getting nervous now

Unread 26-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Bral

Agree with a previous comment in this thread - the minimum this season should be number 19 and an appearance in the final at Wembley.

Prediction when the draw was made was that it'd be a typical semi - lose 1-0 away leg and score draw the home leg but I'm more confident now to the extent that I'd be disappointed with a 0-0 draw tonight which I would've taken a month or two ago as this isn't the best United side but £#%&! it, we're here, in a European semi final.

With regards to it being against German opposition, all I can say is - we're due one.

1-0 United

Unread 26-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
getting nervous now
That's probably your first post in 2 years that hasn't contained a swear word, congrats.

Unread 26-04-2011, 05:25 PM
n48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
Agree with a previous comment in this thread - the minimum this season should be number 19 and an appearance in the final at Wembley.

Prediction when the draw was made was that it'd be a typical semi - lose 1-0 away leg and score draw the home leg but I'm more confident now to the extent that I'd be disappointed with a 0-0 draw tonight which I would've taken a month or two ago as this isn't the best United side but £#%&! it, we're here, in a European semi final.

With regards to it being against German opposition, all I can say is - we're due one.

1-0 United
So were Ingerlund....

Unread 26-04-2011, 05:26 PM
The Return of JC

1-1 tonight, 2-0 at OT. I think we'll be up for it and too strong for them. So much has been made about it being German opposition and us potentially underestimating them, that i don't think we will. We've blown these positions before, but mainly in years gone by where we weren't as experienced and more naive.

Unread 26-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Coracao

Howedes is supposedly definitely out now.

Another nail in their coffin. Their defence would have struggled anyway.

Unread 26-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Sparky***

This is potentially the easiest semi final we've ever had.

I say "potentially" because it will only be easy if we don't play like abject bottle-jobs in a similar fashion to some premier league away games.

We're strong away from home in europe, our focus is usually good - so we really should be looking to win this game outright.

I don't care how "up for it" shalke are or if they beat Inter, I really don't. They are a £#%&!ing mid-table team and we should be beating them convincingly over 2 legs.

Unread 26-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Sloane

if hernandez starts im putting £50 on united
Closed Thread