Cool Re: Rio = 4 matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
i don't think we are
i think you're right

Unread 28-01-2010, 03:48 PM
tdf1

Default Re: Rio = 4 matches

we get totally shafted by the fa!!im sure you lot will remember more injustices than me but here are a few----

rio 8 month ban for missing a drung test---edgar davids get 4 months for failing 1.
cantona 7 month ban-
evra 4 match ban for something that happened when there wasnt so much as a ball boy in the stadium.
the list goes on

Unread 28-01-2010, 03:49 PM
rafabio

I am hoping for this defence against arsenal

rafael -- vidic -- evans -- evra

I hope fergie won't go all hyper about experience and pick neville or even worse brown at right back.

rafael has been really good in the past few games and hopefully keeps his place.

I will not be surprised if we kept the same 11 as yesterday with vidic in for rio, valencia for nani, berbatov for scholes.

----------------- VDS ------------------
--rafael -- vidic ----evans -------evra---
--------------carrick ----------------
-----fletcher ------------giggs---------
----valencia ------------rooney-------
---------------berbatov------------

Unread 28-01-2010, 03:49 PM
borsuk

wes always pulls out a good performance against arsenal

Unread 28-01-2010, 03:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio

I hope fergie won't go all hyper about experience and pick neville or even worse brown at right back.

rafael has been really good in the past few games and hopefully keeps his place.

I will not be surprised if we kept the same 11 as yesterday with vidic in for rio, valencia for nani, berbatov for scholes.

That's hardly the same 11 now, is it?

Unread 28-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Albert Tatlock

Did we honestly expect anything else from those @#%&!s at the FA ?

I'd like to firebomb the place with them all in it and Fergie sat outside with the only working fire engine in London saying.... "Frivolous use of water I'm afraid" before driving off laughing as the @#%&!s melt and burn in the flames !

Unread 28-01-2010, 03:52 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That's hardly the same 11 now, is it?
maybe worded wrong

Unread 28-01-2010, 03:55 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:

this would be the wes brown that played an entire season at right back and we won the league and champions league would it? The wes brown who has pace, strength, puts his body on the line and never shirks a challenge

yes he is the worst option we have, much worse than a 19 year old kid who certainly has potential but is currently learning his role

Unread 28-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Albert Tatlock

I notice that there was no Fergie nor Phelan interview on SKY last night... Think he'll snub them on Sunday as well ?

Unread 28-01-2010, 03:57 PM
rafabio

Quote:
this would be the wes brown that played an entire season at right back and we won the league and champions league would it? The wes brown who has pace, strength, puts his body on the line and never shirks a challenge

yes he is the worst option we have, much worse than a 19 year old kid who certainly has potential but is currently learning his role
not in the current form though. he has been £#%&!ing awful since his comeback. wouldn't want him with arshavin running at him

RedMenace

Fergie was interviewed pre and post game on SKY.

florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
I notice that there was no Fergie nor Phelan interview on SKY last night... Think he'll snub them on Sunday as well ?
i'm pretty sure i saw an interview with ferguson that has been quoted in every newspaper?

Unread 28-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Did we honestly expect anything else from those @#%&!s at the FA ?
To be fair it was an obvious 3 match ban type of incident. Fergie knew what he was doing when he appealed and knew that they'd add an extra game because we were taking the piss.

Unread 28-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Fergie was interviewed pre and post game on SKY.

Really ? I thought I watched all the coverage and I didn't see that.

Was it at the very begining and at the very end after Mancini's miserable interview ?

Unread 28-01-2010, 04:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Somebody who never watched Brown against Leeds, obviously

And didn't Tevez score last night just after he came on??

florentino ariza

Quote:
not in the current form though. he has been £#%&!ing awful since his comeback. wouldn't want him with arshavin running at him
he got thrown straight in at centre back in a decimated and inexperienced back 4 ffs

rafael gets caught too high up the pitch and he dives in letting people get in behind like bellamy did last week and a few times last night

RedMenace

Pretty much yeah Albert.

Albert Tatlock

Quote:
i'm pretty sure i saw an interview with ferguson that has been quoted in every newspaper?
I bought Het Laaste Nieuws this morning and it wasn't in there

Unread 28-01-2010, 04:55 PM
florentino ariza

i didn't see the incident so i can't comment about that but the FA would clearly take a dim view on what they will have interpreted as a strategic appeal to manipulate when the ban takes effect

what i have never been able to understand is the arse about tit way that the FA impose their rules and the most blatant 2 issues are

1. This one ie if you feel you have been treated unjustly or contrary to precedent you can appeal but can be arbitrarily banned for longer. Apply that to any other appeals process in any walk of life. You are basically been told its safer to just accept their decision and never question it.

2. Retaliation is worse than provocation - is it? one is premeditated one is reactionary and a facet of human nature

Unread 28-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Zorg

Quote:
2. Retaliation is worse than provocation - is it? one is premeditated one is reactionary and a facet of human nature
This one bugs me too, and it's not just the FA. No matter who the team or players involved are, watch everyone from commentators to fans explode in rage about 'role models' - yet focused 100% on the player who reacts to having someone attempt to break his legs.
Closed Thread