United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Of course.
I think Rooney will ultimately provide that. Yes, he was relatively quiet on Wednesday, but he still created 2 or 3 great chances...& it's not as if Ronaldo never had a quiet game.

I think Fergie is a bit dissapointed in the decline in Anderson & Nani...the continuing injuries to Hargreaves & now Rio...the fear factor in Berbatov's play & the 'Owen gamble' not coming off immediately (he's missed 3 great chances in the shirt)

Like I said. 3pts today & a good performance will lift the place a bit.
I think we'll see over the course of the seaosn, that Ronaldo was more important for United than Rooney, which you argued against for the past 2 yrs.

Which is a pity because Rooney is clearly the more complete player, maybe he isnt arrogant enough, too selfless, too eager to do too much. He needs to do some individual work on finishing and freekicks like Ronnie did. Maybe he needs another player with him there, a David Silva that will be to Rooney what he was to Ronaldo, you know what I mean?

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:24 PM
marlo

Quote:
Of course.
I think Rooney will ultimately provide that. Yes, he was relatively quiet on Wednesday, but he still created 2 or 3 great chances...& it's not as if Ronaldo never had a quiet game.

I think Fergie is a bit dissapointed in the decline in Anderson & Nani...the continuing injuries to Hargreaves & now Rio...the fear factor in Berbatov's play & the 'Owen gamble' not coming off immediately (he's missed 3 great chances in the shirt)

Like I said. 3pts today & a good performance will lift the place a bit.
helps when he plays them the way he does.

remember in anderson first season when he was playing week in week out with hargreaves/carrick etc. he was having good games and getting consistency.

last season he was played in patches with him thrown in on the left wing against the scousers.

and this season his first start is away at burnley on the left wing.

if anything fergie is failing them.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:26 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Maybe Rooney should concentrate on scoring goals.
He's scored our only goal this season.
I can imagine you, sat at your computer during the game...ready to 'bump' your 'Rooney Ratings Thread' ...fingers crossed that he doesn't score, because obviously he should score in every single game..otherwise he's shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Did you see his stamp on the Burnley player on Wednesday? THAT is exactly why he is not captain.
He didn't stamp on anyone you £#%&!ing soft @#%&!!...he left his foot in. Nothing wrong with that.
I'd love you to have watched United 15-20 years ago.
You'd have passed out at some of the challenges, you sensitive little @#%&!.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:28 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
helps when he plays them the way he does.

remember in anderson first season when he was playing week in week out with hargreaves/carrick etc. he was having good games and getting consistency.

last season he was played in patches with him thrown in on the left wing against the scousers.

and this season his first start is away at burnley on the left wing.

if anything fergie is failing them.
If Nani & Anderson were worthy of a regular starting place I'm sure Fergie would give them one.

As you know, I've always been a huge fan of Anderson. When he's on form he's an outstanding player, but he does seem to have lost something.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:30 PM
marlo

to be fair i think fergie is realising how important ronaldo was and how he has papered over cracks.

rooney ISNT good enough to be our talisman. he is the support act to the main man. even his preferred position is the 'support' striker.

at the moment rooney getting more involved is him tracking back or coming deep to get the ball and then laying it off wide. he doesnt even come deep and turn on the ball, its always back to goal.

united just dont have that 'spark' at the moment and its hard to see who is going to provide us with it.

as much as i dont see the point of him, id say now berbatov is a better support striker than rooney but with rooney being of more use to the team id rather we got a proper striker to stay up top and let rooney play off him.

and then we havent got any reliable wingers. fergie doesnt trust nani, valancia is good but ordinary and park is a clown.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:35 PM
marlo

Quote:
If Nani & Anderson were worthy of a regular starting place I'm sure Fergie would give them one.

As you know, I've always been a huge fan of Anderson. When he's on form he's an outstanding player, but he does seem to have lost something.
last time nani or anderson started 3 games in a row.

fergies constant changing has become a joke.

chelsea have a starting line up, arsenal do as well and we were at our best with a smaller squad.

too many players just pop up for random games it doesnt help.

tomorrow park and scholes might start, next week anderson and fletcher, then gibson and scholes followed by carrick and giggs and so on....

play a strongest 11 and lets see what these kids are made off.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
He's wondering why it's not working.

On paper we have the players....
if he believes that, he might as well £#%&! off now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
He was probably down because he knows the midfield is shite and we need to buy......
if he believes that, he can stay provided he is prepared to say that. and do something about it. other than lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
What do you think of Cantona doing what he use to do? Or Keane?
£#%&!ing idiots who let themselves and the team down repeatedly. there's no excuse for getting sent off for being a thug.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:40 PM
dunk

I've read all this thread and I think it is pretty clear what we need to do.

I think we need a concerted effort, all of us bind together and demand Ferguson is sacked/resigns.

It is just not £#%&!ing good enough and although the season is just 2 games old, going any further into the season is a massive £#%&!ing gamble imo.

Our squad is now completely devoid of any talent and it is all Fergie's fault, yes, we may have players that will eventually become greats, but NOW is what matters, today, next weekend. Poor performances and results should not, nay, will not be tolerated. The current state of the squad is quite clearly a dereliction of duty and as such the manager should be held accountable now and sacked.

It is painfully clear now that he has absolutely no £#%&!ing idea what he is doing, he has lost his mind.

£#%&! him off now!

Ferie Out!

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:43 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I think we need a concerted effort, all of us bind together and demand Ferguson is sacked/resigns.

It is just not £#%&!ing good enough and although the season is just 2 games old, going any further into the season is a massive £#%&!ing gamble imo.

Our squad is now completely devoid of any talent and it is all Fergie's fault, yes, we may have players that will eventually become greats, but NOW is what matters, today, next weekend. Poor performances and results should not, nay, will not be tolerated. The current state of the squad is quite clearly a dereliction of duty and as such the manager should be held accountable now and sacked.

It is painfully clear now that he has absolutely no £#%&!ing idea what he is doing, he has lost his mind.

£#%&! him off now!

Ferie Out!

Can I just make it clear that my thread wasn't started as a pop at the Great man.
I actually asked if anyone else had noticed that he seems a bit 'fed up' these days.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:43 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

£#%&! him off now!

Ferie Out!
You forgot to add the bit about hanging a Michael Owen effigy.I've already made one, if that helps.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
You forgot to add the bit about hanging a Michael Owen effigy.I've already made one, if that helps.
Been there, done that. Did it the day he signed

MJ,

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:46 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
too many players just pop up for random games it doesnt help.
tomorrow park and scholes might start, next week anderson and fletcher, then gibson and scholes followed by carrick and giggs and so on....

Yeah, I agree with this.
I wish we had a 'first choice', reliable midfield that could be tinkered with as & when, but we all knew what the best formation was when it really mattered.

Unread 22-08-2009, 01:03 PM
The Watcher

I'd like a little more consistency in selection, especially as we only have League games atm. However, all the squad players need minutes at this time of the season to get them sharp, so it is understandable. Beside, it's not as if they heavy rotation of players in the last two years hasn't been successful.

What's really pissed me off is that the young talent we have not being given a chance. We've heard the manager and coaches going on about what a great bunch we have - so why the £#%&! is Neville getting a game? Why's that @#%&! Owen disgracing the shirt and reducing first team opportunities for Kiko and Welbeck?

Our midfield is just a joke atm. It's one thing being completely outplayed by the likes of Xavi and Iniesta...but the other days Burnley were cutting right through the middle with just two or three passes. Shocking.

Unread 22-08-2009, 01:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I'd like a little more consistency in selection, especially as we only have League games atm. However, all the squad players need minutes at this time of the season to get them sharp, so it is understandable. Beside, it's not as if they heavy rotation of players in the last two years hasn't been successful.

What's really pissed me off is that the young talent we have not being given a chance. We've heard the manager and coaches going on about what a great bunch we have - so why the £#%&! is Neville getting a game? Why's that @#%&! Owen disgracing the shirt and reducing first team opportunities for Kiko and Welbeck?

Our midfield is just a joke atm. It's one thing being completely outplayed by the likes of Xavi and Iniesta...but the other days Burnley were cutting right through the middle with just two or three passes. Shocking.
The youngsters need games too, they, generally, have played less minutes than the senior players, hence Cathcart, James, Macheda, Welbeck and Tosic playing for the reserves in a cup final on Monday, good, competitive minutes against a very strong Bolton side.

Patience my friend, patience.

Unread 22-08-2009, 01:08 PM
The Watcher

Also, I don't need to reiterate my love for Wazza, however I find his reluctance to take penalties disappointing. He (like many supporters/commentators) has spoken of wanting to be 'The Man' at the club now Ronnie has gone. If that's the case, he should gagging to take the pens. No £#%&!ing around, he should be charging over to grab the ball the moment one's awarded.

I think he lacks that single minded determination to just score goals. He has to become a lot more selfish in his play imo if we wants to inspire the team. £#%&! chasing back to cover the left back - I'd be tempted to fine him every time he came back into his own half!

Unread 22-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Also, I don't need to reiterate my love for Wazza, however I find his reluctance to take penalties disappointing. He (like many supporters/commentators) has spoken of wanting to be 'The Man' at the club now Ronnie has gone. If that's the case, he should gagging to take the pens. No £#%&!ing around, he should be charging over to grab the ball the moment one's awarded.

I think he lacks that single minded determination to just score goals. He has to become a lot more selfish in his play imo if we wants to inspire the team. £#%&! chasing back to cover the left back - I'd be tempted to fine him every time he came back into his own half!
I believe we have seen signs of that attitude at the start of the season, hitting more shots from distance when in the past he has tended to go for the pass more often. it is not an overnight thing though, hard to go from always looking for Ronaldo to accepting that burden in a short period.

The penalty issue is overplayed for me, could just be that he is not very good at them, with the amount of penalty shootouts Utd have had recently I would expect that the squad have trained on them quite often. It is all very well demanding the responsibility but if you are not a reliable taker it would be a selfish request.

Unread 22-08-2009, 01:30 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I believe we have seen signs of that attitude at the start of the season, hitting more shots from distance when in the past he has tended to go for the pass more often. it is not an overnight thing though, hard to go from always looking for Ronaldo to accepting that burden in a short period.

The penalty issue is overplayed for me, could just be that he is not very good at them, with the amount of penalty shootouts Utd have had recently I would expect that the squad have trained on them quite often. It is all very well demanding the responsibility but if you are not a reliable taker it would be a selfish request.
Then he should practice more often

No, fair points. I guess we'll know by the end of the season, one way or the other.

At least Rooney and Berba look to be forging a decent understanding and partnership now.

Unread 22-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Spiffy

Andy Cole didn't take penalties and it wasn't held against him.

Here's a thought for you. We all laugh at Liverpool only having 2 decent players. How many world class players do United have now?

Rooney
Rio
Vidic

I'd say Evra was good but not WC for me.

In addition, we have no midfielder as good as Gerrard and no one who up front as good as Torres. We need to strengthen the squad which sounds ridiculous when you look at what we've achieved the past 2 seasons.

Unread 22-08-2009, 02:29 PM
MUFC One Love

Berbatov should be our penalty taker, and yes I am being serious.

Unread 22-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Aloe Blacc

Nani should take them.
Closed Thread