United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you would if you were told to
Even if I were a freelance. Someone's got to be first to get the story, you don't ask you don't get. If you still don't get the story, make something up.

Can you tell I've been studying journalism?

Unread 22-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
At college, yes.

Unread 22-08-2009, 11:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
Even if I were a freelance. Someone's got to be first to get the story, you don't ask you don't get. If you still don't get the story, make something up.

It's not £#%&!ing hard

Unread 22-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Tumescent Throb

are media interviews admissable in court?

Unread 22-08-2009, 11:55 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
I've got some theories on this Ramone, but you won't want to hear one of them!

suffice to say I agree with you that he seems a bit disillusioned with some of his players. he's bound to be £#%&!ed off with the defensive injuries we've had for the last 2 and half years as well tbh.
Are you implying that he's £#%&!ed off with Rooney?

I think he might be dissapointed that Wayne isn't on Pens this season because he did make a point about how strikers should be gagging to take the penalties.
He probably is annoyed at Wayne dropping deep to collect the ball & not trusting his midfield players as much as he should.
However, slightly misguided enthusiasm & a desire to get the team 'going' is hardly gonna annoy Fergie that much.
Like I said the other day. Rooney is the least of our problems. He's playing well & scoring goals.

You're right about the defensive injuries, particuarly to Rio (his continual injury problems have to be a concern)
Losing Ronaldo & subsequently missing out on Benzema (to the same @#%&!ing Club) must have been a pisser.

Unread 22-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Albert Tatlock

He's wondering why it's not working.

It didn't work last season, we played below ourselves almost every game, (some notable exceptions), yet we had the wonder kid to help us and we won the league, but lost the most prized trophy. We were lucky that Chelsea and the Arse were awful and that Benitez doesn't have a clue, otherwise we may not have won the league.

He's tired and he's really not sure what he has to do to get us playing well. On paper we have the players, but on the pitch it's not going as he wants it to... I think he misses Carlos.

He needs a good dynamic number two to shake it up a bit, one who is content to be number two for the duration of the emperor's reign. Phelan is just not it, even though I like the bloke, and Rene doesn't seem to have the flair that Carlos brought.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:00 PM
MUFC One Love

Fergie doesn't help himself by changing 5 of the front 6 for the next game.

£#%&!ing ridiclous imo.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Fergie doesn't help himself by changing 5 of the front 6 for the next game.

£#%&!ing ridiclous imo.
Can't argue with that.
He's earned the right to do whatever the £#%&! he wants, but that was a ridiculous decision to be fair.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Sparky***

We got beat by burnley.

I'm still pretty £#%&!ed off about it as well.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Aloe Blacc

Im delighted he came out and said Rooney has no business even smelling the captains armband at the moment.

Some of the reactions on here to Sheasy, one of our most loyal players, homegrown, one of our most versatile player and a top lad being captain was just cringeworthy.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:10 PM
MUFC One Love

He was probably down because he knows the midfield is shite and we need to buy...but he can't buy. We £25m every summer, plus the money from the Ronaldo sale...yep, course we have.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:11 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Im delighted he came out and said Rooney has no business even smelling the captains armband at the moment.
Well I'm sure one day Rooney will be Club Captain...& when that day comes, hopefully you'll throw yourself under a £#%&!ing train.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

Some of the reactions on here to Sheasy, one of our most loyal players, homegrown, one of our most versatile player and a top lad being captain was just cringeworthy.
That's because you're a know nothing #@&%! with an agenda against Rooney. The fact is there's no one I can see who would be better suited to wearing the captains armband. If I was Rooney and they gave O'Shea the captaincy, I'd be seriously £#%&!ed off.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Are you implying that he's £#%&!ed off with Rooney?

I think he might be dissapointed that Wayne isn't on Pens this season because he did make a point about how strikers should be gagging to take the penalties.
He probably is annoyed at Wayne dropping deep to collect the ball & not trusting his midfield players as much as he should.
However, slightly misguided enthusiasm & a desire to get the team 'going' is hardly gonna annoy Fergie that much.
Like I said the other day. Rooney is the least of our problems. He's playing well & scoring goals.

You're right about the defensive injuries, particuarly to Rio (his continual injury problems have to be a concern)
Losing Ronaldo & subsequently missing out on Benzema (to the same @#%&!ing Club) must have been a pisser.
there has to be a question mark hanging over the whole squad as to which one (or more) of them is going to be the inspiration in Ronaldo's absence

Ronaldo wouldn't have been nearly as effective without Rooney, but personally I think the solution is a bit more complicated than just letting Rooney have a more central starting position. can't be arsed to strip it down again but....

anyway, for me Berbatov has to play and, bearing in mind he has easily the most consistent technical ability amongst our forwards, the rest need to play off him.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Well I'm sure one day Rooney will be Club Captain...& when that day comes, hopefully you'll throw yourself under a £#%&!ing train.
is he captain today

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
That's because you're a know nothing #@&%! with an agenda against Rooney. The fact is there's no one I can see who would be better suited to wearing the captains armband. If I was Rooney and they gave O'Shea the captaincy, I'd be seriously £#%&!ed off.
Maybe Rooney should concentrate on scoring goals.

Did you see his stamp on the Burnley player on Wednesday? THAT is exactly why he is not captain.

Once a scouse scally, always a scouse scally. I would be ashamed if this current Rooney captained United. We might aswell sign Jamie £#%&!ing Carragher aswel then eh.

And Rooney will never change, hes nearly 24 now for christ sake. The tiny hope I carry is that he'll change when he becomes a father.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:18 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
there has to be a question mark hanging over the whole squad as to which one (or more) of them is going to be the inspiration in Ronaldo's absence
Of course.
I think Rooney will ultimately provide that. Yes, he was relatively quiet on Wednesday, but he still created 2 or 3 great chances...& it's not as if Ronaldo never had a quiet game.

I think Fergie is a bit dissapointed in the decline in Anderson & Nani...the continuing injuries to Hargreaves & now Rio...the fear factor in Berbatov's play & the 'Owen gamble' not coming off immediately (he's missed 3 great chances in the shirt)

Like I said. 3pts today & a good performance will lift the place a bit.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:20 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
He's wondering why it's not working.

It didn't work last season, we played below ourselves almost every game, (some notable exceptions), yet we had the wonder kid to help us and we won the league, but lost the most prized trophy. We were lucky that Chelsea and the Arse were awful and that Benitez doesn't have a clue, otherwise we may not have won the league.

He's tired and he's really not sure what he has to do to get us playing well. On paper we have the players, but on the pitch it's not going as he wants it to... I think he misses Carlos.

He needs a good dynamic number two to shake it up a bit, one who is content to be number two for the duration of the emperor's reign. Phelan is just not it, even though I like the bloke, and Rene doesn't seem to have the flair that Carlos brought.
nail on head !!

one of the most important things we need to address

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Sparky***

You'll all be singing a different tune when rio and vida come back.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:21 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Maybe Rooney should concentrate on scoring goals.

Did you see his stamp on the Burnley player on Wednesday? THAT is exactly why he is not captain.

Once a scouse scally, always a scouse scally. I would be ashamed if this current Rooney captained United. We might aswell sign Jamie £#%&!ing Carragher aswel then eh.

And Rooney will never change, hes nearly 24 now for christ sake. The tiny hope I carry is that he'll change when he becomes a father.
Stop talking utter £#%&!ing shit, this winds me up with people about Rooney, people still go on about his 'temper' Rooney has calmed down a lot and other plays get away with doing far worse than Rooney. He didn't stamp on a Burnley player the other night, he just went in 'hard' with top of his leg/hip, he did it because he was frustrated and wants to win, just like many of our top players down the years have done silly things when they get frustrated, because they want to win.

What do you think of Cantona doing what he use to do? Or Keane?

Your comment about hoping he changes when he becomes a father is hiliarous tbh.
Closed Thread