Default Re: Big game tonight

really not nervous about this one

Unread 26-04-2011, 12:41 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
not like you MJ
I expect us to get through the tie....I'll be heartbroken if we don't.
But a good result tonight will be very welcome.

Unread 26-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Ginners

had a bet on utd to win, i dont see schalke posing any problems tbh

Unread 26-04-2011, 12:42 PM
andyroo

Unread 26-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
had a bet on utd to win,
Oh £#%&!.

Unread 26-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Sloane

Quote:
easy money mate, just have to hope we are not to cagey, they are there to be got at these lot

Unread 26-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Oh £#%&!.
@#%&!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
easy money mate, just have to hope we are not to cagey, they are there to be got at these lot
agreed. couldnt believe we're around 11/8

Unread 26-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Feeling the same as before city. Nailed on complacency ahoy. A 0-0 draw would be a good result, certainly will look that way after 90 minutes.

Unread 26-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Stickman

2-1 Utd tonight

Unread 26-04-2011, 12:50 PM
PaulParkers

I was thinking earlier, I really want us to win this competitiont this year. Partly so the team shove it right up Sparky's arse after hes spent all season ridiculing the idea and mocking those that said we have a chance but mainly because Sir Alex deserves it more than anyone else.

I know that sounds a little gay but he always bangs on about the elite of Europe having won it 4 or more times and for him to take us to our 4th and his 3rd individually would be remarkable.

Unread 26-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Tame Impala

All will be fine.

Unread 26-04-2011, 12:51 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Feeling the same as before city. Nailed on complacency ahoy. A 0-0 draw would be a good result, certainly will look that way after 90 minutes.
Someone remind me about this later please...

Unread 26-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Dueling Banjos

It's kind of crept up on me this one. I think with the focus being on getting to 19 and that £#%&!-fest against the bitters the other week this was put on the back-burner a little. Then we had this long weekend and all of a sudden I awake this morning thinking it's the semi-final of the Champions League tonight and my beer fridge needs re-stocking!

Have no fear, this has been done.

Unread 26-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Baron

Our record vs German sides is 100% shite in the knockouts, & for that reason I'm apprehensive.

This reeks of Dortmund & Leverkusen... sides we know are good teams, but that if we played at our best we'd beat.

Are United a different animal in Europe these days? 10 wins from the last 12 away knockout games suggests we're the %@#$&!s, but we lost in Munich last season after going a goal up & Fergie going a bit mad with the tactics, but I don't see a Robben, Ribery or Schweinsteiger in the Schalke side to £#%&! us over...

As far as I've seen, Schalke love to punish sides on the counter attack & exploit weaknesses in central defence. If Rio & Vidic line up for us tonight, or even Vidic & Smalling, I'd be £#%&!ing delighted & with Carrick's fine defensive work screening them I'm really not sure how the £#%&! we can get done the way Inter were for example. Inter scored 3 over two legs & still went out - if we score 3 over two legs I'd lose the £#%&!ing plot if we didn't go through - especially after last season against Bayern ffs. Rafael looks a lot more assured that the impetuous kid that lined up for us last season imo, the odd rash challenge aside when things get heated against City or Liverpool he's not been exploited defensively. That Spurs sending off was a £#%&!ing joke.

Things I'm worried about....

Neuer giving a Superman impression.
Raul exploiting the space when Evra inevitably tries a ridiculous overhead clearance for no reason & £#%&!s up.
Jefferson Farfan running past Evra as Aaron Lennon does when we play Spurs (should he line up on that side of the pitch).
Scholes getting sent off if he plays.

Neuer aside, most of those are completely irrational, I hope we turn up tonight, this is an incredible opportunity to get to a CL final...

Unread 26-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
really not nervous about this one
Quote:

:shakehead:

Unread 26-04-2011, 01:03 PM
no fun

cant really get too worked up about this, because if we get to the final we will get beat at least 2-0

19 is all that matters, anything else is a bonus

Unread 26-04-2011, 01:08 PM
BarryX

I'd be shitting myself, if I hadn't just diagnosed myself with piles. Now, I don't know what will happen when I let rip. I just don't have a £#%&!ing clue

Unread 26-04-2011, 01:09 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
cant really get too worked up about this, because if we get to the final we will get beat at least 2-0

19 is all that matters, anything else is a bonus
Might aswell play the kids tonight then, no chance in the final.

Barca look £#%&!ed, and Madrid are a team i fancy us to beat.
Closed Thread