United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-11-2009, 01:52 PM
MJ Ramone

Default Fall Guy Wes

I see Wes is taking the blame for England's defeat on Saturday.
I'm not saying he didn't make a mistake, but it's funny hearing all these learned ABU's ringing up Phone-In shows saying how "this proves he isn't International quality" ...of course, they all want a solid, reliable fullback like Glen Johnson who is a £#%&!ing defensive rock

It never ceases to amaze me how under-rated Wes Brown is

The thing is, whether the England fans like it or not..the best English right back is still Gary Nev..but I can't see him making the squad any time soon.

I wonder what odds you'd get on Gary, Beckham & Owen all being on the Plane to South Africa?
After all, you can't ignore experience & let's face it, England's squad is piss poor.

Unread 16-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Baron

Default Re: Fall Guy Wes

He played shit, but he's not played right-back for some time & that Nilmar was quality.

If he played right back the rest of the season for United he'd be the first choice for England, but he's not. So he wont.

Unread 16-11-2009, 01:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Not really paid any attention to this, shame for Wes though, he's a good player and seems a good lad.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Richard Kuklinski

The reason Wes isn't so highly regarded is due to his injuries (stop start career) and he moved around too much. He was immense in 07/08 at right back. He also has Rio's annoying habit of hitting the snooze button a bit too much.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Time For Heroes

He's hardly played in 18 months, plays about 3 games, gets a call up and plays poorly, albeit in a poor backline. What do people expect? When Cashley has £#%&!ed up do people say he isn't international class?

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Pete's Shoes

Didn't have his best game but wasn't helped by SWP givin the ball away in front of him everytime Wes went forward. Also saved at least one goal with a header. Was up against the best player on the pitch also

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Lok

In all honesty, he was a bit parp. He's not played nearly enough football lately and it showed.

He probably wasn't the worst player on the pitch though. SWP was shockingly bad. He'd wait for Wes to overlap him and then give the ball straight to Brazil.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:18 PM
dodger

Wes made soem high profle mistakes, no denying that, so he's an easy target. Others were equally poor, but that doesn't excuse Wes.
Amazingly, Foster seemed to come out of this unscathed in the media. I thought he looked nervy and had a poor game. Nice finish for their goal but if you were being picky, on that incident, his lack of spring came into play again

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Richard Kuklinski

Foster will never make it at Utd imo

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Kuklinski
Foster will never make it at Utd imo
Certainly doesn't look that way.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:24 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Certainly doesn't look that way.
I would have thought it does look that way actually

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I would have thought it does look that way actually
Erm. You are correct.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Wes made soem high profle mistakes
Deliberate or not that made me laugh.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Argentina

Was watching it and the commentator said 'if it wasn't for injuries Wes Brown would probably have 100 caps'

Too true

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:39 PM
carlosartorial

I think he would probably have about 37 caps tbh.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Shock horror as abus blame United for something.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:49 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he was cack.

but was he any worse than the other complete non-entities in that team?

jenas
milner
bridge
upson
barry
wright-phillips

I had a flick through yesterdays Telegraph Sport section this morning & Wes was awarded a '3' in the player ratings "simply terrible" apparently.
All the other players you listed got 5's & 6's I think

I thought apart from their goal (which equally could have been prevented if a midfield player had bothered to press the ball) Wes didn't do too badly.

I thought Brazil were pretty £#%&!ing ordinary too to be honest. Certainly didn't tick many of my boxes.
Workmanlike & lacking in style.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Jez Quigley

When crappy countries always punch above their weight in tournaments, it's usually due to having a steady, solid experienced squad.

If Brown, G Nev, Beckham and Owen don't go to the World Cup - it'll be a disgrace?

Johnson? Bent? Downing? SWP? FFS!

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

Is this the last international break for a while? Please tell me it is, they are £#%&!ing interminable.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Is this the last international break for a while? Please tell me it is, they are £#%&!ing interminable.
It said on the BBC that it was Emgland's last match until March.

Closed Thread