United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:24 AM
puressence

Default which youth player is fergie bigging up

Man Utd boss Ferguson reveals: We have future star in U18 squad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he has high hopes for one of their U18 team - but won't name the player in question.

Ahead of United's FA Youth Cup semi against Arsenal, Fergie told the club's website: "We have got one outstanding player who has a magnificent chance of being a top player, but I won't tell you who it is. He's just a boy. If you get one or two through [the system] then you are doing well. I think at least half a dozen of them will get good careers in the game, hopefully at United."

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Brandy?

Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Man Utd boss Ferguson reveals: We have future star in U18 squad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he has high hopes for one of their U18 team - but won't name the player in question.

Ahead of United's FA Youth Cup semi against Arsenal, Fergie told the club's website: "We have got one outstanding player who has a magnificent chance of being a top player, but I won't tell you who it is. He's just a boy. If you get one or two through [the system] then you are doing well. I think at least half a dozen of them will get good careers in the game, hopefully at United."
In attack its Brandy.

Tumescent Throb

Sam Hewson or Craig Cathcart - both are certs to make it bar injury.

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Cathcart is good.

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Brandy?
Havent seen anything of him Bedders. What sort of player is he?

Cathcart looks a dead cert to play top flight football IMO. Dunno whether it'll be at United though.

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Cantona's collar

Cathcart was mentioned by Fergie on saturday as a possibly addition to the first team squad now that Vidic is out.

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
Havent seen anything of him Bedders. What sort of player is he?

Cathcart looks a dead cert to play top flight football IMO. Dunno whether it'll be at United though.
Off-striker, very quick, fantastic feet, very skillfull. Short but getting stronger so I've heard. Barca offered us £1 million+ for him when he was 11.

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:34 AM
rebelcountyred

I think he is talking about Hewson, has come on leaps and bounds this season, there is a touch of the scholesy about his play, cannot pay a higher compliment to that, that said fergie could be talking about other players, Cathcart, Amos or even Galbraith. The young player that has impressed me the most this season in the youth team is Wellbeck, very talented youngster and still very young.

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:36 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Where does Hewson play?

Did you watch the Liverpool academy game last week? Who was United's no.9? Mixed race lad playing on the right side. Looked quality for the half hour or so I saw.

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Flowers of Manchester

from what ive seen on the tele, I've been most impressed with Wellbeck.

Also Brandy and Cathcart will make it, hopefully with us. Hewson looks good too.

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:40 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Where does Hewson play?

Did you watch the Liverpool academy game last week? Who was United's no.9? Mixed race lad playing on the right side. Looked quality for the half hour or so I saw.
Hewson is a midfielder, not sure but i think that was brandao on the right.

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
No it was a much taller bloke..bloody good though .

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Off-striker, very quick, fantastic feet, very skillfull. Short but getting stronger so I've heard. Barca offered us £1 million+ for him when he was 11.
Better than Rossi?

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:59 AM
S/Side.Red

Default Antonio Bryan

Quote:
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={061AD8F0-B618-4CC3-838C-A9AEA6B5217A}&section=playerProfile&bioid=92009

He looked quality for the part of the first half I saw. Great touch, superb vision and weight of pass and quick too. Doesn't turn 18 until October according to the official site. Could be onto something with this kid. Maybe he'll be involved tonight against Arsenal. If so, keep an eye out for him.

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
Better than Rossi?
Similar in a way, probbly more skilful.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Salien

has anyone seen much of that Norwegian Eikrem Wolf we signed? not heard anything about how well he's doing.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Baron

Quote:
I think he is talking about Hewson, has come on leaps and bounds this season, there is a touch of the scholesy about his play, cannot pay a higher compliment to that, that said fergie could be talking about other players, Cathcart, Amos or even Galbraith. The young player that has impressed me the most this season in the youth team is Wellbeck, very talented youngster and still very young.
Is Galbraith any good then? He's leading the line in my FM2007 game at the moment & banging them in

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Rhodzy

Daniel Wellbeck.
I bet hes the one Fergie is on about.

I saw Brandao at the weekend, hes £#%&!ing huge for a 15 year old.

Its quite worrying that Brandy hasn't really grown at all.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:49 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Is Galbraith any good then? He's leading the line in my FM2007 game at the moment & banging them in
He isn't bad, skillful but i don't know if he is quick enough for a winger, great shot on him too, works hard getting back, mentioned him as one of the players fergie could be bigging up as he is scottish. Fergie hasn't actually got a very good track record on bigging up players either, think of bardsley, tierney, fletcher, chadwick, ok players but not in the league of the 1993? youth team.
Closed Thread