United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: ..
Team Pog - our star player, team should be built around him, Jose just isn't using him correctly 7 16.28%
Team Mou - the boss, knows best, Pogba isn't pulling his weight and needs to sort his attitude out 15 34.88%
£#%&! the pair of them - get rid 21 48.84%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 16-02-2018, 01:18 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
what about actually making some decent tasting soup with the ingredient we already have. the kitchen is hardly bare....

we probably have a better squad then both spurs and Liverpool, yet we can't even conjure up a decent performance against a top 8 team.
Like I said, I have plenty of issues with him as well, specifically around the way we approach games & the mechanisms by which he appears to motivate players. Tactically he sees puzzles that are not there, he's scared of his own shadow rather than getting his sack out & laying waste to the vast amount of shit in this league, he minimises the risks, and that isn't Utd.

I genuinely didn't expect anything else though, doesn't stop me being pissed off about it. However, I do think he'll do 60-70% of the really important work in the background that he'll not see credit for. The player recruitment has been a shitload more effective than either helmet we had before, albeit lacking in the central midfield pool. Whether you can quantify that or not remains to be seen I guess.

I honestly couldn't tell you what playstyle this side favours... are we a counter attacking side? We're not £#%&!ing posession based. We're skittish at best when it comes to managing pressure, specifically high pressing sides, regardless of how shit they are. Yet all of that can easily be mitigated by incorporating the right starting XI & formation... of which he seems incapable of adapting to.

He'll be gone by Christmas, history tells us so.

Unread 16-02-2018, 01:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
We need to bin off Herrera, Fellaini and replace them with two solid chaps.

Bin off Smalling and replace him with a fabulous talent. Maybe Jones too - he's a balloon and injured half the time. Swap him out for someone industrious and willing to be benched. Obviously a full back will be required.

That can be achieved in one transfer window. The forwards will improve with a solid spine behind them. Sort that out the summer afterwards.

5 signings in one window, all performing, is a massive ask. We're way off the finished article.
City have seemingly signed all the fabulous defensive talents

If Herrera and Fellaini gtfo, we need at least 2 in CM, as Carrick is off as well. Could probably do with 3 to give us some options.

2 fullbacks, a dedicated RB and a someone more flexible to replace Blind, Darmian and £#%&!ing Young.

We are £#%&!ing screaming for a genuine wide player and one on the £#%&!ing right, if we sign one more left sided forward that likes to tuck in and cut in on his favoured right £#%&!ing foot I will actually scream

Quote:
well its been obvious things haven't been going well and we haven't looked a constant attacking threat or a balanced team so why is he still persisting with 2 man midfields...

luke shaw plays himself back into form and offers balance being left footed and he keeps reverting back to a limited Ashley young who isn't even covering himself in glory.

but let martial make a few stray passes and he will bench him.

he is a petty egotistical #@&%! with 'favourites' within the squad. even the favourites he picks are usually players who regularly let us down.
last season he kept favouring Fellaini despite the evidence infant of him of the guy being shit....he came on once top run the clock and conceeded a penalty...I think he even started him the next game.
after all that his favourite leaving us on a free to join Madrid or Barcelona??....nope Besiktas.

and the biggest issue is he must watch other games. spurs, city and even Liverpool to a certain degree and see how they attack with cohesion and fluidity and doesn't even think of trying to emulate that...or at last adopt some principles based on he is seeing...

we went to Dubai for some training, came back and within 5 minutes on the pitch we were looking at Valencia just aimlessly strike the ball from the right wing into the box...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I think, and I can't really substantiate it with evidence, Mourinho's favourites tag is based upon the effort & professionalism a player puts in at all times. If you work your absolute %@#$&!s off, if you do the exact role he asks of you, if you say all the right things & don't stray from his guiding hand etc, then you will be in the side & playing etc.

So, if everyone in the squad was onboard, it would be a harmonious & well directed group with the talented ones shining as everyone else does their maximum. Except of course these are modern professionals, all multi-millionaires & preening little @#%&!s, from all over the world. I think it's harder & harder for a manager like Jose who's disciplinarian style seems to take a lot longer to take effect. Unless you have that dressing room locked down, then it is going to be a tough gig. It's why you need the big characters, you need Zlatan in there, you need Pogba on board, you need talkers & organisers etc. I see a lot of individuals, not so many leaders, no real ability to self-manage. Shaw for example, for all his obvious talent, seems to have taken £#%&!ing ages to work out that he needs to listen, shut the £#%&! up & really work his %@#$&!s off to make it as an elite player. He's probably absolutely coasted his way through life because is genuinely that good that he can put in 85% & still be decent. That's not going to fly with Jose.

That being said, I have plenty of issues with the same things you've mentioned in regards to shape, formation or attacking intent.... but I didn't really think we'd get much else from him. He's going to reinforce in the summer, likely with some players that are infinitely better than what we have, maybe someone like a Vidal / Fabinho / Jorginho will knit the midfield together, but who knows.
Quote:
what about actually making some decent tasting soup with the ingredient we already have. the kitchen is hardly bare....

we probably have a better squad then both spurs and Liverpool, yet we can't even conjure up a decent performance against a top 8 team.
Quote:
Like I said, I have plenty of issues with him as well, specifically around the way we approach games & the mechanisms by which he appears to motivate players. Tactically he sees puzzles that are not there, he's scared of his own shadow rather than getting his sack out & laying waste to the vast amount of shit in this league, he minimises the risks, and that isn't Utd.

I genuinely didn't expect anything else though, doesn't stop me being pissed off about it. However, I do think he'll do 60-70% of the really important work in the background that he'll not see credit for. The player recruitment has been a shitload more effective than either helmet we had before, albeit lacking in the central midfield pool. Whether you can quantify that or not remains to be seen I guess.

I honestly couldn't tell you what playstyle this side favours... are we a counter attacking side? We're not £#%&!ing posession based. We're skittish at best when it comes to managing pressure, specifically high pressing sides, regardless of how shit they are. Yet all of that can easily be mitigated by incorporating the right starting XI & formation... of which he seems incapable of adapting to.

All of this is so stark staringly obvious, and has been for about a year, that just reading these posts make me hate the man more than ever, and I £#%&!ing loathed him when he was at Chelsea

Unread 16-02-2018, 01:33 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

marlo and baron bossing the game here.

as much as marlo gets stick. he does usually call it right on united.

Unread 16-02-2018, 01:41 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

JoMo seems to have lost his MoJo, some years ago, let him go and appoint Steve The Bruce, then Pogba can shape up or be converted into Euro.

Unread 16-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Sapien

Pogba player manager imo

Liven up the team announcements on Twitter for sure

Unread 16-02-2018, 01:56 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

marlo and baron bossing the game here.

as much as marlo gets stick. he does usually call it right on united.
Yep

Unread 16-02-2018, 02:30 PM
utd99

How have we morphed so completely from a team of men to a team of children?

Having someone who understands nothing about football doing the hiring might be a good place to start looking.

Unread 16-02-2018, 02:38 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
f***s sake. The blame lies with every f***er. A manager who's constantly on the rag, defenders who treat the ball as a bomb, midfielders who constantly go missing, forwards who can't finish for shit etc etc etc etc

The mess starts at the top and trickles all the way down the shit pipe.
This!
But, it's easy for the likes of Sandy and Dunk to blame the manager. Simple fact is, it's easier to blame everything on the person they don't like. Look at Dunk's reaction to Marlo's and Baron's posts

Fact is, it's been a mess for years and whilst there are issues around Mourinho's management, team selections, tactics etc, he didn't start or cause this mess or cause them to be mentally weak. It's his job to sort it obviously but, you would swear he caused it all

Unread 16-02-2018, 02:47 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
This!
But, it's easy for the likes of Sandy and Dunk to blame the manager. Simple fact is, it's easier to blame everything on the person they don't like. Look at Dunk's reaction to Marlo's and Baron's posts

Fact is, it's been a mess for years and whilst there are issues around Mourinho's management, team selections, tactics etc, he didn't start or cause this mess or cause them to be mentally weak. It's his job to sort it obviously but, you would swear he caused it all
why would you swear he caused it all? is anyone else suggesting we keep smalling, darmian, fellaini, young and herrera in the first team? and it will all be solved with a new manager?

NOPE.

Get rid of him and them.

Unread 16-02-2018, 02:53 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
why would you swear he caused it all? is anyone else suggesting we keep smalling, darmian, fellaini, young and herrera in the first team? and it will all be solved with a new manager?

NOPE.

Get rid of him and them.
Well yeah, the dude Sandman is suggesting it. He said it's not the players but, Mourinho

Unread 16-02-2018, 03:07 PM
Sandman

Quote:
TFact is, it's been a mess for years and whilst there are issues around Mourinho's management, team selections, tactics etc, he didn't start or cause this mess or cause them to be mentally weak. It's his job to sort it obviously but, you would swear he caused it all
Fact is, neither the quality, or character of the players, dictates a manager's approach to the game. No amount of wishful thinking is going to change how Mourinho sees the game, no transfer will stop his shithouse tactics.

Unread 16-02-2018, 03:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
This!

Because he's making it £#%&!ing harder than it should be.

I also despise Woodward and would be happy to be rid of all but about 10 players, but I've been whinging about those things since 2013.

Unread 16-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Fact is, neither the quality, or character of the players, dictates a manager's approach to the game. No amount of wishful thinking is going to change how Mourinho sees the game, no transfer will stop his shithouse tactics.
As I said, tactics is one thing he can be blamed for. No doubt.
However, saying it's all him and not the players at all is £#%&!ing laughable, all because you hate the guy

Unread 16-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
However, saying it's all him and not the players at all is £#%&!ing laughable, all because you hate the guy
you're being petty now clarkie.

because it hurts to know you were wrong about jose.

just accept it. it didn't work out.

Unread 16-02-2018, 04:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Bit harsh Fuzzers. We haven't had today's press conference yet for saffers to simper about how the king is sticking it to the haters and has "Fraudiola" on the run. That's what's important here.

Unread 16-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
However, saying it's all him and not the players at all is f***ing laughable, all because you hate the guy
Both the manager and the players are accountable.

The manager has had plenty of money to spend, opportunities to sell $#*! and promote from academy.

The players have had plenty of opportunities, most of them have been here for at least 3 seasons.

Unread 16-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Bit harsh Fuzzers. We haven't had today's press conference yet for saffers to simper about how the king is sticking it to the haters and has "Fraudiola" on the run. That's what's important here.

Unread 16-02-2018, 04:11 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

Yeah, I'm not going to bite. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Both the manager and the players are accountable.

Exactly!

Unread 16-02-2018, 04:33 PM
RemisMoses

''It’s a big lie that our relation is not good, it’s a big lie that we don’t communicate, big lie that we don’t agree with his positions and his involvement in the dynamic of the team."

I think we have here in numbers the biggest pundit industry – there are hundreds of them and majority with great background and knowledge, and would like somebody to tell me in which position do you think Pogba played against Newcastle," he says.
"Midfield?" one confident member of the press offers. Mourinho counters: "we played with one number six and two number 8s? Or two 8s and one 10? Or two 6 and one 10?
We play with one 6 and two 8s. Matic as a six, Lingard on right side of Matic and Pogba on left side.
"Do you know which is Pogba’s preferred system? 4-3-3. Do you know Pogba’s favourite position in the 4-3-3? 8 on the left."

When you say 'a lot of speculation' you should say a lot of lies. Because I accept and Paul accepts that he has not been playing well in the last few matches. But that's all," he insists.
"So, be objective and say what we all know: in the last couple of matches he didn't play well. Period. End of story Now, it's my problem and Paul's problem to deal with it and try to improve his performance level."

Unread 16-02-2018, 05:17 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
We haven't had today's press conference yet for saffers to simper about how the king is sticking it to the haters and has "Fraudiola" on the run.
No need for the press conference. He'll do that anyway the next time United scrape a standard win against a shit team and City draw a game in the league.
Closed Thread