United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: ..
Team Pog - our star player, team should be built around him, Jose just isn't using him correctly 7 16.28%
Team Mou - the boss, knows best, Pogba isn't pulling his weight and needs to sort his attitude out 15 34.88%
£#%&! the pair of them - get rid 21 48.84%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Reading the op’s on this thread and others there seems to be a general consensus that Pogba is mentally weak, and tbh it wouldn’t surprise me if that were the case; It’s not uncommon in his generation. He went to Juventus a boy - one who would have had to defer to, and impress, veteran players like Pirlo - and came back, for a record fee, as the Man. It’s possible that he’s just not mature enough for the role of leader vs follower.
He is isn’t mentally weak. If anything he’s mentally strong. He just expects to have things his own way. It’s why he left united in the first place.

I don’t care about the details between pogba and mourinho. The manager has to have the power and win any power battles, whether he’s right or wrong. If there’s a battle there, maybe mourinho is picking it for a reason. Like targeting the leader of a gang to bring the whole group into line. As usual, on the outside looking in, we have no clue.

Unread 18-02-2018, 03:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
He is isn’t mentally weak. If anything he’s mentally strong. He just expects to have things his own way. It’s why he left united in the first place.

I don’t care about the details between pogba and mourinho. The manager has to have the power and win any power battles, whether he’s right or wrong. If there’s a battle there, maybe mourinho is picking it for a reason. Like targeting the leader of a gang to bring the whole group into line.
Hard to say. One image of him that sticks in my mind was the home match against (10-man) Bournemouth last season when he got some stick from the crowd and totally went to pieces. Couldn't make a decision on the ball and fluffed about three chances with air shots.

Was a concern that he's not always as sure of himself as the image suggests. Or can allow the emotion of a situation overcome him.

Unread 18-02-2018, 03:51 PM
taff

i am officially...team mou. no, wait, team pog. no, wait. team mou.

oh, i just can't decide! £#%&! the pair of them it is.

Unread 18-02-2018, 04:20 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Going way ott here. Firstly Juve gave Barca a good game - was 1-1 with twenty minutes to play. And Pogba did look good in that side, especially given his age. But having three proper central midfielders in that Juve team in addition to Pogba is a major difference.

I agree it's no excuse for him not to hold his own against Newcastle, though. Has to raise his bottom level. When he's bad he's dreadful.

Ultimately, it's part of United's job to provide the conditions to help him thrive. But mostly it's down to the player. He's 25; no excuses.
Responding to a silly c*** that had Pogs playing for us with an 11 that doesn't start every match and the 11for Juve he put in including those above. They got destroyed well and good. And it was the midf we said we needed to beat Barca. We were 1-1 with them at Wemberlee and got f***ed.
If I may add the guy's our captain - how far we've fallen if a child is wearing the armband!

Unread 18-02-2018, 04:25 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
He is isn’t mentally weak. If anything he’s mentally strong.

Unread 18-02-2018, 05:09 PM
utd99

Quote:

I don’t care about the details between pogba and mourinho. The manager has to have the power and win any power battles, whether he’s right or wrong. If there’s a battle there, maybe mourinho is picking it for a reason. Like targeting the leader of a gang to bring the whole group into line. As usual, on the outside looking in, we have no clue.
Being single minded and egotistical is not the same as being mentally strong.

Mental strength is much more about achieving self improvement by overcoming adversity.

Unread 18-02-2018, 05:20 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Mental strength is much more about achieving self improvement by overcoming adversity.

Unread 18-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

A up, Mr Miyagi is in......

Unread 18-02-2018, 05:55 PM
utd99

Should have known better.

Unread 18-02-2018, 05:56 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Should have known better, shouldn’t I?
yeah, you should. check user cp just to be sure
Closed Thread