Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:45 PM
koppas

Default Re: Goram: Keano hated my guts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harfynn Teuport
Brilliant player. @#%&! of a manager.
He done a great job at Sunderland. People seem to forget that. From when he took over, to when he left - not many people would've managed to do that well.

Unread 28-10-2009, 07:02 PM
rebelcountyred

jesus but i'd love to have a roy keane/bryan robson in our side, we didn't know how good we had it

Unread 28-10-2009, 07:10 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Why bring politics into a thread about footballers?Imagine going for a pint with this boring @#%&!.

Unread 28-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Why bring politics into a thread about footballers?Imagine going for a pint with this boring @#%&!.
I was explaining to Fuzzy why I think people think I'm a racist/anti Irish or whatever you say. I didn't just throw in something about politics like so many on here do when I come onto a thread. How many times have people called me a tory @#%&! when I'm discussing something not remotely involving politics? 'Kin loads. I don't see you calling them boring @#%&!s.

BTW I imagine going for a pint with you would be a right laugh, looks like I'll never know now.

Unread 28-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I was explaining to Fuzzy why I think people think I'm a racist/anti Irish or whatever you say. I didn't just throw in something about politics like so many on here do when I come onto a thread. How many times have people called me a tory @#%&! when I'm discussing something not remotely involving politics? 'Kin loads. I don't see you calling them boring @#%&!s.

BTW I imagine going for a pint with you would be a right laugh, looks like I'll never know now.
tbf I do think you're treated unfairly here sometimes because of your stupid politics.

Unread 28-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:

Tory @#%&!.

Unread 28-10-2009, 07:23 PM
ScarFace

Great point about Keane playing with Berbatov.

He'd of broken his back.

Unread 28-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Spiffy

Thumbs up Re: Goram: Keano hated my guts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
tbf I do think you're treated unfairly here sometimes because of your stupid politics.
That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on here. Thanks Grimson.

Unread 28-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Jokes aside tho, I mean it. Sometimes the Tory stuff comes into it when it shouldn't.

What I'm saying is I'd have a pint with you, if you're buying. Me being a starving writer and all.

Unread 28-10-2009, 07:40 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
I too have thought this of you Sniff even though you have a capacity to be quite nasty towards me and quite prepared to see me waddle off into an all Ireland Republic.

Unread 28-10-2009, 07:46 PM
wee man

I think their book has a lot of artistic licence with the truth. I just can't hear Gary Neville and SAF using the word "goalie" to him.

Keane a fantastic player but if he wouldn't shake the man's hand due to different football teams/persuasions the captain of our club didn't exactly put the club over his own personal feelings did he.

Unread 28-10-2009, 07:52 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
I think their book has a lot of artistic licence with the truth. I just can't hear Gary Neville and SAF using the word "goalie" to him.

Keane a fantastic player but if he wouldn't shake the man's hand due to different football teams/persuasions the captain of our club didn't exactly put the club over his own personal feelings did he.
he refused to wear a black arm band when that unemployed clothes horse died, and thats good enough for me

Unread 28-10-2009, 08:00 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
he refused to wear a black arm band when that unemployed clothes horse died, and thats good enough for me
yeah - great irish republican - didn't stop him voluntarily moving, earning a huge crust, marrying, raising his children, schooling his children and settling in the land of the great oppressor eh.

Unread 28-10-2009, 08:03 PM
no fun

Quote:
yeah - great irish republican - didn't stop him voluntarily moving, earning a huge crust, marrying, raising his children, schooling his children and settling in the land of the great oppressor eh.
£#%&!ing hell, you're biting tonight

Unread 28-10-2009, 08:06 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
£#%&!ing hell, you're biting tonight
I know. Sitting here really pissed off with life in general. Your influence I suppose.

But I'm right.

Unread 28-10-2009, 08:11 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up Re: Goram: Keano hated my guts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

Unread 28-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Terry Silver

I think to say it was a Rangers/Celtic thing is overly simplistic.

If it was a mere Rangers/Celtic thing don't you think Keane would have signed for Dalglish for more money rather than sign for Fergie?

Fergie was a Rangers man, but he was not a bigot as evidence by his marrying a Catholic - a marriage which effectively ended his time at Rangers.

Goram was well-known to be a loyalist bigot, who wore a black armband to commemorate the death of a loyalist terrorist, and he was also pictured in a Scottish tabloid posing with a UVF flag.

The more puzzling question isn't why Keane refused to shake hands, and more why Goram would be so offended/surprised that an Irish Catholic wouldn't be too overly enamoured at meeting a Loyalist-sympathiser?

And as for whoever it was early in the thread who compared Goram to Schmeichel... Jesus £#%&!ing Christ. What next? Ally McCoist as good as Cantona?

Unread 28-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver

If it was a mere Rangers/Celtic thing don't you think Keane would have signed for Dalglish for more money rather than sign for Fergie?

Fergie was a Rangers man, but he was not a bigot as evidence by his marrying a Catholic - a marriage which effectively ended his time at Rangers.

Goram was well-known to be a loyalist bigot, who wore a black armband to commemorate the death of a loyalist terrorist, and he was also pictured in a Scottish tabloid posing with a UVF flag.

The more puzzling question isn't why Keane refused to shake hands, and more why Goram would be so offended/surprised that an Irish Catholic wouldn't be too overly enamoured at meeting a Loyalist-sympathiser?

And as for whoever it was early in the thread who compared Goram to Schmeichel... Jesus £#%&!ing Christ. What next? Ally McCoist as good as Cantona?
Did he really? I'm surprised no one ever attacked him during an Old Firm game.

Unread 28-10-2009, 11:20 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver

as did Goram

Unread 28-10-2009, 11:25 PM
no fun

Quote:
as did Goram
both of them ?
Closed Thread