United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:28 PM
marlo

Default Re: Why we will not win the league: Midfield

i cant believe berbatov has the nerve to moan at other players.

£#%&!ing hell. its almost funny

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
it doesn't always come back to berba with me, but for people to say rooney is the problem i think is complete %@#$&!s.

form is temporary, class is permanent. i'll put wayne's recent games down to a lack of form and possibly off-field distractions, this is a lad who's never had a worry in the world outside of football - but as fergie says he loves is when the players settle and have kids cos they become better players, so lets not worry about that for now.

unfortunately, there are not many paul scholes' around, the scosuers and renters have their version, but we haven't scored goals from midfield for a while - ronny skewed the figures!

so my point is, that when you lsoe the best player in the world you will miss him! but all i ask is that players like berba step it up a gear, relish the challenge ffs, i just don't see it in him.

i hope i am wrong and he comes good.
Rooney is never a problem for United (unless he gets himself sent off) so I think we can put that one to bed straight away.

Berbatov has played really well in the last few weeks, was infinitely better imo than Rooney at Anfield, & with just one midfielder that could or would go beyond him would open a new world of options for this side. A forward line of Rooney & Berbatov is never going to be the most prolific, but then a forward line of Hughes & Cantona wasn't either (as an example) but what you simply must have is goals in the rest of the side. Scholes doesn't score anymore, Carrick barely ever scored, Giggs... Valencia? The goals have been spread around, they'll need to carry it on all season, & come May we'll know whether the issue is with the forwards or elsewhere.

A central midfield of (an in form combination of) Anderson & Hargreaves would go a long way to resolving the issues 4-4-2 poses for me.

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:30 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i cant believe berbatov has the nerve to moan at other players.

£#%&!ing hell. its almost funny
Considering he is technically better than any of them, and sets up loads of our chances, I can see why he does.

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:33 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Considering he is technically better than any of them, and sets up loads of our chances, I can see why he does.
ronaldo can get away with it, rooney can get away with it. a player who still very much splits united opinion and its debatable he is even one of our better players cannot go around moaning at people.

for all his technical ability he is clearly our 'white elephant'

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Baron

Any danger you could take your face for a shit Marlo? This white elephant crap is doing my head in.

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
ronaldo can get away with it, rooney can get away with it. a player who still very much splits united opinion and its debatable he is even one of our better players cannot go around moaning at people.

you clearly don't know anything about football

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:

even for you this term is proper embarrassing

i've already explained elsewhere the definition of a white elephant doesn't fit with berbatov

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:40 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge
you clearly don't know anything about football
because i dont rate or think berbatov fits in our system and justifies the 30m we spent on him? ok.

he is veron mk II. our white elephant.

he is our record signing and has dont nothing to suggest he can carry our team or be a united legend in the same way ronaldo or rooney are.

even tevez was worth more to the team than him.

if berbatov was in tevez position last season, i dont think anyone would sing 'fergie sign him up'

the man is a joke and wont be first choice next season.

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:42 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
even for you this term is proper embarrassing

i've already explained elsewhere the definition of a white elephant doesn't fit with berbatov
Quote:
A white elephant is a valuable possession of which its owner cannot dispose and whose cost is out of proportion to its usefulness or worth
describes berbs down to a tee.

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
because i dont rate or think berbatov fits in our system and justifies the 30m we spent on him? ok.

he is veron mk II. our white elephant.
already had 2 or 3 motm performances, looks sharper than last year, scored a couple of goals, set up a lot more. looks hungry and one of the few people that gave a shit on sunday.

sublime first touch and ability tohold the ball up, meaning he finds others players better than anyone else on the team

yeah quick, get rid

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:45 PM
magic_cantona

Same shit, different day.

And I'm not talking about my life.

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:45 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge
already had 2 or 3 motm performances, looks sharper than last year, scored a couple of goals, set up a lot more. looks hungry and one of the few people that gave a shit on sunday.

sublime first touch and ability tohold the ball up, meaning he finds others players better than anyone else on the team

yeah quick, get rid
this season?

how many assists has he got?

how has he done in the big games (liverpool (a), arsenal (h) and the derby)?

how has he faired in europe?

berbatov looks hungry?

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Rooney is never a problem for United (unless he gets himself sent off) so I think we can put that one to bed straight away.

Berbatov has played really well in the last few weeks, was infinitely better imo than Rooney at Anfield, & with just one midfielder that could or would go beyond him would open a new world of options for this side. A forward line of Rooney & Berbatov is never going to be the most prolific, but then a forward line of Hughes & Cantona wasn't either (as an example) but what you simply must have is goals in the rest of the side. Scholes doesn't score anymore, Carrick barely ever scored, Giggs... Valencia? The goals have been spread around, they'll need to carry it on all season, & come May we'll know whether the issue is with the forwards or elsewhere.

A central midfield of (an in form combination of) Anderson & Hargreaves would go a long way to resolving the issues 4-4-2 poses for me.
Who is his best partner?
What is his best position?
What is his preferred position?
Who does he link up well with in the side?

He has to play, but he provides more questions than answers by virtue of him not excelling in any role.

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
this season?

how many assists has he got?

how has he done in the big games (liverpool (a), arsenal (h) and the derby)?

how has he faired in europe?

berbatov looks hungry?

i can't be arsed, it's like arguing with a chimp.

actually scratch that, even monkeys learn

Unread 28-10-2009, 05:02 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Who is his best partner?

He has to play, but he provides more questions than answers by virtue of him not excelling in any role.
Who is his best partner? - remains to be seen, but that's hardly his fault.
What is his best position? - Up front.
What is his preferred position? - Up front.
Who does he link up well with in the side? - everybody with a brain - Giggsy, Scholes, Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher...Park even. His biggest strength is his appreciation of team mates

Unread 28-10-2009, 05:03 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Who is his best partner?

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1586816

said it a while back.

i think fergie has to take abit of the blame here because we have had him 5 years and his best position is still very much 'elusive'

for those who dont know what elusive means...

the truth of the matter is that wayne rooneys best position is a position that doesnt exist in modern day football anymore.

Unread 28-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Stickman

His best position is left of an attacking three.

nft

Unread 28-10-2009, 05:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Who is his best partner? - remains to be seen, but that's hardly his fault.
What is his best position? - Up front.
What is his preferred position? - Up front.
Who does he link up well with in the side? - everybody with a brain - Giggsy, Scholes, Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher...Park even. His biggest strength is his appreciation of team mates
I wouldn't say any of it is his fault tbh. But not one of the questions I asked has a definitive answer. His best position? Up front? No.9 or No.10? right up against the defence, or dropping off? In either case it requires some kind of link up with a partner. Who does he link up well with? I was referring to the final 1/3 tbh, where we have seen strike up understandings with Saha, Ronaldo, Tevez and Park over the years, I wouldn't say he 'clicks' with anyone atm.

These are all problems the team and players need to solve. Rooney cannot win a game on his own in the way Ronaldo could, he needs players of equal or greater ability to play with and enhance his influence on the game.

I think a partnership of Owen and Berbatov would probably yield more return than Rooney and either atm. I'm also of the opinion that, had Benzema signed, we would've either reverted to 3 up top and Rooney on the left or Rooney would've struggled to keep his place.

Unread 28-10-2009, 05:23 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
His best position is left of an attacking three.

nft
here we go again...

'play him uptop'

'look how well he does for england'

the truth of the matter is rooney was at his best when with ronnie and tevez in a front three.

the holy trinity.

him and berbatov will never work.never and they havent shown any sort of sign that it will.

Unread 28-10-2009, 05:25 PM
borsuk

rooney has been fantastic this season for united and england, probably the best and most consistent season of his career. against liverpool he was coming back from an injury, he's allowed the occasional bad game ffs.

having a go at rooney after what he's shown this season. ffs.
Closed Thread