United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:25 AM
armchair

He should've been forced to take that pen.

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:28 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's been puzzling me for a couple of years.

The biggest loss in Ronaldo leaving is the effect his movement had on Rooney.

Rooney isn't the player to lead the team from an attacking pov in Ronaldo's absence imo, and that is our biggest problem we have atm.
how lucky were we to see Rooney and Ronaldo in the same team. £#%&! me, golden years

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He should've been forced to take that pen.

he should've grabbed the ball though tbh

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
how lucky were we to see Rooney and Ronaldo in the same team. £#%&! me, golden years
Yep. One of the main reasons I was so £#%&!ed off when Ronaldo left. Those 2 fit each other so £#%&!ing well on a football pitch.

I doubt Madrid will find anyone who compliments Ronaldo so well, although, in fairness to Rooney, Ronaldo has a different level of talent with which to strike up a new understanding.

Unread 20-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Tronics

I can honestly say some of you guys are chatting the most shit I've ever heard.

Rooney the problem ?!?!? Wow.

*leaves thread*

Unread 20-08-2009, 02:32 AM
Sandman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics

*leaves thread*
I thought the same thing.

Unread 20-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics

*leaves thread*
Rooney is often played away from his 'favourite position' because the alternative might be to leave him out altogether

that isn't a criticism of him necessarily. it's just an acknowledgement that playing him in his 'favourite position' sometimes suits the opposition more than it suits United

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Aloe Blacc

Default Re: Why we will not win the league: Midfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's been puzzling me for a couple of years.

The biggest loss in Ronaldo leaving is the effect his movement had on Rooney.

Rooney isn't the player to lead the team from an attacking pov in Ronaldo's absence imo, and that is our biggest problem we have atm.

As strange as it may seem and as much as it goes against all the rules of being a United fan at this moment in time, I think Rooney is a real problem for United, and have done for a while.
More and more people seeing this now.

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:32 PM
MUFC One Love

Cheesecake?

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Cheesecake?
Strawberry.

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Cheesecake?
We all know that Ronaldo was always the main man at United, and to the few idiots who loved us selling him , are seeing now what the intelligent people always saw - Rooney is a great player and can be the best player in the world if he wants to, but at the moment isn't and he cannot lead a team the way Ronaldo did.

Rooney has been £#%&!ing shit since Spurs away tbh.

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:42 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
More and more people seeing this now.
Anyone thinking Wayne Rooney is a negative problem for United seriously wants to analyse Berbatov's contribution first.

For me (and I'm not one to slate Berba on here) Dimitar Berbatov expects everyone else to play his way. He is absolutely not open to adapting his style to the United way. I thought that Ronaldo leaving would have seen the rise of Berba, but games like Liverpool on Sunday are his perfect stage, but he spent most of the game shrugging and %@#$&!ing other players :shakehead:

Put a poll up, asking if we can only keep one out of Rooney and Berbatov and you'll see the results, and also "out" the idiots

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:43 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Rooney has been £#%&!ing shit since Spurs away tbh.
the sooner coleen pops that baby out the better imo

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
Anyone thinking Wayne Rooney is a negative problem for United seriously wants to analyse Berbatov's contribution first.

For me (and I'm not one to slate Berba on here) Dimitar Berbatov expects everyone else to play his way. He is absolutely not open to adapting his style to the United way. I thought that Ronaldo leaving would have seen the rise of Berba, but games like Liverpool on Sunday are his perfect stage, but he spent most of the game shrugging and %@#$&!ing other players :shakehead:

Put a poll up, asking if we can only keep one out of Rooney and Berbatov and you'll see the results, and also "out" the idiots
Rooney started the season well.

However, his game has dipped considerably since. Berbatov's 'contribution' has been significantly more than Wayne's over the past 6 weeks. A great deal of analysis isn't required for that, just a pair of eyes.

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:

I love Wayne mate, and can't stand the Bulgarian.

As do most sane United fans, Rooney needs help in the team to get the best out of himself, IMO he can be the best player on the planet.

And yeah, that baby must be on his mind a lot too.

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Withers

Quote:
Not because it isn't good enough, but because it isn't being given a chance to be good enough. And as we know it is the most important part of a team. Last season saw a disgusting amount of rotation there and we couldnt play any coherent football for most of the season.

This season, 2 completely different midfields faced Burnley and Birmingham....why? Bizarre rotation, and im shocked the press havent picked up on it. I guess you can get away with it if you keep winning leagues but we havem't got a devastating finisher to build the side around that masks some problems we've had since 2007 wihch was the last season we played fluent football practically every week.

To sum it up. Our problems are a midfielder of Scholes quality that has the spark to lift a team, to create openings etc. Carrick is a top player but doesn't have the balls to be more than just that.

I like Fletcher, but him and Carrick is too negative. We have some interesting question marks there. For me Carrick should start every game, him and creative CM that will get freedom due to Carrick sitting back.

Anderson hasn't been allowed to grow due to constant rotation so he looks off it atm, and he looks even worse when played wide in a 442. What the £#%&! was that all about...

So yeah, 2 unlikely scenarios to help us: Either go out and buy a player or two in the next 2 weeks or stick with a consistent 4.

Sir Alex won't do either.
Do you fancy managing United when you leave school?

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Baron

Quote:

Why does it always come back to Berbatov though? He's been playing well, Rooney hasn't the last couple of games compared to the start of the season.

If we had a midfield that went beyond the strikers once in a blue moon - not to mention actually left the centre circle in the case of Scholes & Carrick at Anfield - we'd get the best out of the strikers & the wingers. Although a viable left wing solution is required, lets hope Obertan is the business.

As has been desperately required for a while, we need a Scholes of yester year to carry on with the 442. If that's not going to happen I suspect a tweak is required in the formation or the personnel... & as much as I rate Berbatov you'd never give Rooney up for anyone else should the personnel be the change required.

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:53 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Rooney started the season well.

However, his game has dipped considerably since. Berbatov's 'contribution' has been significantly more than Wayne's over the past 6 weeks. A great deal of analysis isn't required for that, just a pair of eyes.
before i say this i'm not one of those idiots who think that contribution=goals, however, as united supporters one thing we will agree on is that all of the players in the team have a bigger responsibility to score goals this season with ronaldo no longer being with us.

i put berba in the pile of "not going to score more than he did last year" because whether people like it or not, he is there to score goals for this club. just like similar players to him over the years have done. he frustrates the £#%&! out of me - i'm waiting for "it" to happen and i am beginning to lose patience.

Quote:
I love Wayne mate, and can't stand the Bulgarian.

As do most sane United fans, Rooney needs help in the team to get the best out of himself, IMO he can be the best player on the planet.

And yeah, that baby must be on his mind a lot too.
if you had to pick one or 2. who do you think is the perfect player(s) to help him?

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
before i say this i'm not one of those idiots who think that contribution=goals, however, as united supporters one thing we will agree on is that all of the players in the team have a bigger responsibility to score goals this season with ronaldo no longer being with us.

i put berba in the pile of "not going to score more than he did last year" because whether people like it or not, he is there to score goals for this club. just like similar players to him over the years have done. he frustrates the £#%&! out of me - i'm waiting for "it" to happen and i am beginning to lose patience.

if you had to pick one or 2. who do you think is the perfect player(s) to help him?
Ronaldo.

And

David Villa

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:15 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Why does it always come back to Berbatov though? He's been playing well, Rooney hasn't the last couple of games compared to the start of the season.

If we had a midfield that went beyond the strikers once in a blue moon - not to mention actually left the centre circle in the case of Scholes & Carrick at Anfield - we'd get the best out of the strikers & the wingers. Although a viable left wing solution is required, lets hope Obertan is the business.

As has been desperately required for a while, we need a Scholes of yester year to carry on with the 442. If that's not going to happen I suspect a tweak is required in the formation or the personnel... & as much as I rate Berbatov you'd never give Rooney up for anyone else should the personnel be the change required.
it doesn't always come back to berba with me, but for people to say rooney is the problem i think is complete %@#$&!s.

form is temporary, class is permanent. i'll put wayne's recent games down to a lack of form and possibly off-field distractions, this is a lad who's never had a worry in the world outside of football - but as fergie says he loves is when the players settle and have kids cos they become better players, so lets not worry about that for now.

unfortunately, there are not many paul scholes' around, the scosuers and renters have their version, but we haven't scored goals from midfield for a while - ronny skewed the figures!

so my point is, that when you lsoe the best player in the world you will miss him! but all i ask is that players like berba step it up a gear, relish the challenge ffs, i just don't see it in him.

i hope i am wrong and he comes good.

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:18 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Ronaldo.

And

David Villa
Ronny has gone Funny you've mentioned Ronny, as many believed he prevented Wayne from being as good as he can be. I believe Ronny needed Wayne as much as the other way around, I actually believe that Wayne will do well without Ronny, but someone on his wavelength is needed (Berba doesn't give him that imo)

David Villa - he'll be 28 come the January window, and United don't spend big on players that age, so that's him out.

Any more who are realistic targets / players already in the squad?
Closed Thread