Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-10-2009, 10:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Why we will not win the league: Midfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
That is indeed true.

We lost away to Liverpool ffs! It's a tough place to go anyway and it really was a game they couldn't afford to lose. We were shit, but they caused us very few problems either. Apart from VDS making a double save, I reckon that was the quietest game he's had at Anfield. I seen my arse after that game, fell out with a couple of people (if you're reading, sorry. I was being a @#%&! and you know I didn't mean it)

We'll bounce back. We'll beat Blackburn, we'll probably lose at Chelsea. But we'll still be up there in May when the title is being handed out.

You don't win the title by beating the other big 3 clubs. You win it by beating the other 16 sides, and that is what we are best at.

BUT - if we don't win the title this season, so what? We've had a £#%&!ing amazing 20 years following this club.
It was always gonna be tough this season aafter losing a player in Ronaldo that we'd become so reliant on. I've actually enjoyed this season in the main, obviously the weekend aside, been some superb football played at times and great wins too. I'm encouraged and think that Rooney will get back to his early season form when he regains fitness.

Unread 29-10-2009, 10:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
How's about giving it time, it's not like it's a disastrous start to the season and tbh, Rooney started it superbly before his injury. We were pretty awful against Liverpool but is that really a reason to start writing players off left, right and centre?
This has £#%&! all to do with the Liverpool game, and I've written nobody off.

£#%&!ing hell :shakehead:

You're right. United have no issues, no problems or questions at all.

Unread 29-10-2009, 10:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This has £#%&! all to do with the Liverpool game, and I've written nobody off.

£#%&!ing hell :shakehead:

You're right. United have no issues, no problems or questions at all.
Didn't say that United have no problems and i didn't say you'd written anybody off either.

Unread 29-10-2009, 10:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
Didn't say that United have no problems and i didn't say you'd written anybody off either.
Must've read it wrong. It's early

Unread 29-10-2009, 10:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Must've read it wrong. It's early
Anyway, as i say i think it'll just take time for this team to fully bed in after being so reliant on Ronnie but, last week apart, i think that's going fairly well. just hope we don't pock that midfield again.

Unread 30-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I knew questioning Rooney development would lead to groans of spoiltness and knee jerkery.

Its called being objective.

He's my favourite player by a mile.
Same here. He plays for United how I hope I would. Don't know if this will make sense, but I'm always hoping it will be him that scores for us.

All that said, I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that there's been some issues in the way he's come on as a player. at 17/18 I thought he was nailed on to be one of top two or three in the world in a few years. But he's still not quite there.

If anyone seriously wants to doubt my point that he was more exciting to watch as a youngster, then come on. Because you will be proved wrong.

Unread 30-10-2009, 07:43 AM
charliesharkey

Quote:
It was always gonna be tough this season aafter losing a player in Ronaldo that we'd become so reliant on. I've actually enjoyed this season in the main, obviously the weekend aside, been some superb football played at times and great wins too. I'm encouraged and think that Rooney will get back to his early season form when he regains fitness.
i agree there was always going to be a period of readjustment after being so reliant on ronnie. for me its all about movement and you can always see when we're struggling as everyone looks so static. when we're flying the ball carrier always has so many options, it's the biggest single factor why we've been so successful. i feel like tearing my hair out when we begin to look static like that. i dont think fergie is out on the touchline %@#$&!ing and harrassing the team as much these days. when he's out of his seat it's usually to %@#$&! the linesman or ref. therefore its only at half time when these changes are made.
i have no problem with berbatov as long as he's not slouching around not looking for space. he has been better in patches this season that way but it should be 90 minutes every game.
rooney in particular thrives on players around him moving as he does have that intelligence and quickness of thought.

Unread 30-10-2009, 09:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Same here. He plays for United how I hope I would. Don't know if this will make sense, but I'm always hoping it will be him that scores for us.

All that said, I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that there's been some issues in the way he's come on as a player. at 17/18 I thought he was nailed on to be one of top two or three in the world in a few years. But he's still not quite there.

If anyone seriously wants to doubt my point that he was more exciting to watch as a youngster, then come on. Because you will be proved wrong.
He possibly was more exciting as a youngster but he's been forced into being almost a role player in the two years previous to this. I think the way he started the season can give us encouragement that he'll be up there with the best pretty soon. Does tend to take hoim a while to regain form after an injury, just hope it isn't too long in this case.

The original point of this thread has some validity after Sunday, we won't win the league if we play Scholes and Carrick as a two in big away games.
Closed Thread