Unread 27-10-2009, 12:44 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: defence for chelsea game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
we set a defensive record last year and won the league

before xmas you want to dismantle that unit and sell

that is knee jerk, my friend
For me, there is a problem that Rio and Vidic both look a bit jittery and each is affecting the other. At their best they are a superb partnership, with each's strength complementing the other. at the moment neither are quite right and this is resulting in mistakes. This sort of thing happens, look at the chaos in Chelsea's defence at Villa.

Unread 27-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Smeggs

VDS

Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Unread 27-10-2009, 12:45 PM
rafabio

Quote:
we set a defensive record last year and won the league

before xmas you want to dismantle that unit and sell

that is knee jerk, my friend
as i said before, our defence was superb up until that match against liverpool. not after that at least for me.

Also i don't how much of this talk of barcelona affected vidic during the summer.

it could be knee jerk and I would be very happy to see vidic and rio of 07-08 but it doesn't seem to be getting better at all.

Unread 27-10-2009, 01:34 PM
borsuk

"if you're good enough, you're old enough"

evans is certainly good enough. we let pique go, we need to give evans the chance his talent deserves and we'll have a tremendous player for the next ten years and possible future captain. i really do think he is exceptional.

Unread 27-10-2009, 01:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
"if you're good enough, you're old enough"

evans is certainly good enough. we let pique go, we need to give evans the chance his talent deserves and we'll have a tremendous player for the next ten years and possible future captain. i really do think he is exceptional.
Totally agree on this, he's a fantastic player and given that we've got issues at CB currently he should be given his chance to make one of the 2 places his. That said, I'll not be writing off Vidic or Rio either.

I think Cathcart looks to be a great prospect too, Norn Iron are gonna have a very good defence soon enough.

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Aloe Blacc

Brown - Vidic - Evans - Evra

Ferdinand has to be dropped/allowed to reach peak fitness.

It's a pity he seems to care more about making shit films than his football. Remember how crap he was in 05/06 first half of the season when he had that awful record label.

Sir Alex needs to tell him to £#%&! this showbiz life off for another 2 or 3 years, he can still give us world class service but he clearly isn't committed to it right now. For someone who earns what he earns, thats a total £#%&!ing disgrace.

And for the idiots on this forum to completely ignore this, after most of them abusing Rio when I defended him on RI some years ago - is just hilarious. I guess its all about the English bias. Vidic was much better than Ferdinand on Sunday and he has been better in the last 18 months.

As for Right back, I like Oshea as a squad player but hes too shit to be a regular, I cant hate him even though I should for some of his pathetic , careless play lately. Brown at his best is our best option until Rafael reaches the right age.

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc

It's a pity he seems to care more about making shit films than his football.
Only to you.

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
And shouldnt he focus on recovering fully? Instead of working on shit films and making a tacky online magazine for tools.
yeah, he shot the whole film and built and edited the online magazine personally. missed training and physio for 6 months apparently

ffs, maybe players shouldn't be allowed to play golf etc.

how should he focus on this recovery? by not moving for 3 months? maybe we should cryogenically freeze him?

if you can explain to me how funding a film and website slows physical recovery i'll be amazed

the floor is yours...

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
not the team thread, just discussion on the defence. rio looks to have lost a yard of pace, vidic just panics when some striker with pace is running at him.
Picking the defence two weeks ahead for a match after Blackburn and Moscow at home makes alot of sense tbh. If you have the £#%&!ing imagination of tree frog.

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Johnaldo

Quote:
lack of training with his back is a big contributory factor i think

he is just not moving as freely as he can, 2 years ago i think he would gave run torres off the ball and eased him out of possession
might still have done, even when not fully fit, if he hadnt stepped up to try to play offside just as the scouse played torres in. Half a yard is all he needed

Unread 28-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
yeah, he shot the whole film and built and edited the online magazine personally. missed training and physio for 6 months apparently

ffs, maybe players shouldn't be allowed to play golf etc.

how should he focus on this recovery? by not moving for 3 months? maybe we should cryogenically freeze him?

if you can explain to me how funding a film and website slows physical recovery i'll be amazed

the floor is yours...
I think he should be transported around in an oxygen bubble.

Unread 28-10-2009, 05:22 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think he should be transported around in an oxygen bubble.
aloe spacc? agreed, is the oxygen really necessary though?

Unread 28-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
aloe spacc? agreed, is the oxygen really necessary though?
true. we could just stab a few holes in it and then kick him into the channel.

Unread 28-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Stickman

Cech

Bosingwa Terry Carvalho Cole

Closed Thread