Closed Thread

Unread 27-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Coracao

Default MOTM vs Barnsley - Make your choice

poll to follow

Unread 27-10-2009, 10:48 PM
wiganste

Default Re: MOTM vs Barnsley - Make your choice

Welbeck, nqat. Shame he couldn't do the 90 mins.

Good shift from Brown & Evans. Obertan impressed 1st half, looked pretty £#%&!ed by the end of the game.

Unread 27-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Stubbsy

Thought Anderson played well tonight.
Put in a good shift and kept everything together in the middle.

Brown, Wellbeck and Evans all had decent games.

Unread 27-10-2009, 10:52 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy
Thought Anderson played well tonight.
Put in a good shift and kept everything together in the middle.

Brown, Wellbeck and Evans all had decent games.
Ando 1st half was superb but didn't really get in the game in the 2nd

Unread 27-10-2009, 10:53 PM
borsuk

anderson for me

brown, welbeck, evans, fabio, owen all were good. obertan had a good first half, got tired after that.

Unread 27-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Erics Collar

i have gone for Anderson - diff class to most today, evans,obertan had good games...........was tempted to give it to gaz nev for kicking the scouse @#%&!

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Tiberian

Anderson was good, solid shift for 90 mins, pretty hard circumstances for him with Rafael struggling, but showed leadership. A few misplaced passes but kept going. Definite signs of progression in his game.

Surprised that Brown is getting a mention in the positives, thought he was very poor tonight.

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:16 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erics Collar
i have gone for Anderson - diff class to most today, evans,obertan had good games...........was tempted to give it to gaz nev for kicking the scouse @#%&!
i'm taking your word for it

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:24 PM
borsuk

i hope fergie considers fabio for the rb slot at the weekend. rafael and brown just back, o'shea not really ideal and nevillle suspended. fabio looks in great form atm and while rafael clearly has a lot to learn i think fabio has a lot more to his game. really looks the part, very rounded player.

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:27 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Anderson was good, solid shift for 90 mins, pretty hard circumstances for him with Rafael struggling, but showed leadership. A few misplaced passes but kept going. Definite signs of progression in his game.

Surprised that Brown is getting a mention in the positives, thought he was very poor tonight.
thought brown did ok. the problems we had at corners were generally not caused by his man but by macheda's or neville's, i thought, but i could be wrong.

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:27 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: MOTM vs Barnsley - Make your choice

Quote:
Yep. £#%&!ing baffling that he played in Moscow and Barnsley but not Liverpool, especially with Fletch and Hargreaves missing. Ridiculous really.

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i hope fergie considers fabio for the rb slot at the weekend. rafael and brown just back, o'shea not really ideal and nevillle suspended. fabio looks in great form atm and while rafael clearly has a lot to learn i think fabio has a lot more to his game. really looks the part, very rounded player.
I don't think there is much between them at all.

I think Fabio needs to work on his positional play though. Quite often against CSKA and a few times tonight, there were problems on his side of the pitch due to him being caught out and Evans was dragged over and it caused problems.

Birtles also made a fair comment in the first half as well, that he was pushing too far up the pitch and wasn't offering an option for the centre backs.

To be expected though, with his inexperience.

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Fabio has a bit more composure and technical ability that his brother. Impressive player, a full back combo of Evra and Fabio could give Utd a real spark. O'Shea always does a solid job, wins the ball in the air, rarely makes positional errors, but contributes little to our attacking game, and gives little help to his wide partner. he and Valencia had some awful moments of misunderstanding at Anfield.

Blackburn are a very physical side though, plenty of aerial balls, so I doubt Fergie will go for 2 small full backs against them.

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:32 PM
borsuk

yeah, neither of the twins are the finished article yet, obviously. fabio impresses me as a bit more aware, though he makes the kinds of errors you're talking about. would like to see him in at rb at the weekend, though.

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Blackburn are a very physical side though, plenty of aerial balls, so I doubt Fergie will go for 2 small full backs against them.
Rafael had a £#%&!ing nightmare against Blackburn at OT last season.

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
thought brown did ok. the problems we had at corners were generally not caused by his man but by macheda's or neville's, i thought, but i could be wrong.
It was more his defending in open play that worried me. Beaten one on one on several occasions, letting balls bounce over his head, always a concern with Brown because he is quite slow on the turn, can look clumsy with his very upright stance.

He is a player who does need a succession of games though, 07/08 he was very impressive, established himself in both United and England's first 11, but his old curse of injuries has struck again. With Rafael and Fabio coming through I think that he will be mainly used as a CB, never fully trusted him there though. Decisions will need to be made about the future of all 3 of Vidic, Rio and Brown by the end of this season.

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yep. £#%&!ing baffling that he played in Moscow and Barnsley but not Liverpool, especially with Fletch and Hargreaves missing. Ridiculous really.
£#%&!ing crazy decision that...the midfield on Sunday was a £#%&!ing disagrace and cannot believe Anderson wasn't put on at half-time

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
£#%&!ing crazy decision that...the midfield on Sunday was a £#%&!ing disagrace and cannot believe Anderson wasn't put on at half-time
I can't believe he is still waiting to come on, or that we didn't even use all 3 subs. Or, that he took Scholes off and moved Giggs inside in a frighteningly similar manoeuvre to last years failed visit to murkeydive. In fact, I would say that was the most frightening aspect of the whole game, that such ridiculous mistakes were repeated.

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Rafael had a £#%&!ing nightmare against Blackburn at OT last season.
That controversial penalty moment against Pedersen stands out from that game. He is a bit impetuous, to be expected with his youth, only going to improve with games.

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
That controversial penalty moment against Pedersen stands out from that game. He is a bit impetuous, to be expected with his youth, only going to improve with games.
Oh yeah, just the reason Fergie will pick O'Shea Or one of them anyway.
Closed Thread