Unread 22-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Switching Off

Unread 22-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Sparky***

Unread 22-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

West Ham defender Calum Davenport is in hospital with "serious" leg injuries after he and his mother were stabbed at their home in Bedford.

The Hammers' website reports the 26-year-old underwent surgery on Saturday morning after the incident on Friday night at the family home, while his mother is recovering.

Gianfranco Zola's side are due to play Tottenham at Upton Park on Sunday.

Unread 22-08-2009, 03:56 PM
steeeeeee

Sounds like someone was after him if they went to stab him repeatedly in the legs...

Unread 22-08-2009, 03:59 PM
dunk

Stabbing a footballer in the legs indicates malicious intent rather than chance encounter.

Wonder what he's been up to?

Unread 22-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Stabbing a footballer in the legs indicates malicious intent rather than chance encounter.

Wonder what he's been up to?
got 'revenge' attack written all over it.

Unread 22-08-2009, 04:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
got 'revenge' attack written all over it.
Looks a bit that way doesn't it.

Unread 22-08-2009, 05:27 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

West Ham defender Calum Davenport is in hospital with "serious" leg injuries after he and his mother were stabbed at their home in Bedford.

The Hammers' website reports the 26-year-old underwent surgery on Saturday morning after the incident on Friday night at the family home, while his mother is recovering.

Gianfranco Zola's side are due to play Tottenham at Upton Park on Sunday.

was he attacked by a dwarf?

Unread 22-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Pop

Some 25 year old nutjob has been arrested and charged with attempted murder.

Unread 22-08-2009, 06:24 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
was he attacked by a dwarf?
harsh.

Seems they wanted to do him badly as they stabbed his mum up badly. I hope they catch the bastard

Unread 22-08-2009, 06:40 PM
taff

Quote:
Ann Desics, 61, who lives in Springfield Avenue, said she was woken by people arguing in the road outside the house shortly before 0500 BST.

"I just thought it was people passing by but then the ambulances came," she said.

"I didn't see the incident, I just heard all this shouting. The main person shouting had a very strong Caribbean accent."

Unread 22-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Denis£#%&!ingirwin

Poor £#%&!er, noones gonna pretend he was the next baresi, but if those wounds have severed some major ligaments then he's lost his livelihood straight off

Unread 22-08-2009, 08:11 PM
ReligiousRed

Mate of mine who is a West Ham fan and a regular on their version of this ( FT ) its called knees up mother brown ....says that its all being said to be a bookie related incident, was some sort of problem between his mum and the attackers earlier in the night then they went round her house later on and thats when he got stabbed, he also told me that ( this might be titanical info ) Mathew Etherington had the club pay of nearly £300.000 in debts for him as the gangster he owed who is a well known local villain man was going to do him badly, not that it would have made any diifference on the pitch

Like I say its all of their fans site so if its anything like this place you should MOTWYW!

Unread 22-08-2009, 08:21 PM
waynes ear's

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
Mate of mine who is a West Ham fan and a regular on their version of this ( FT ) its called knees up mother brown ....says that its all being said to be a bookie related incident, was some sort of problem between his mum and the attackers earlier in the night then they went round her house later on and thats when he got stabbed, he also told me that ( this might be titanical info ) Mathew Etherington had the club pay of nearly £300.000 in debts for him as the gangster he owed who is a well known local villain man was going to do him badly, not that it would have made any diifference on the pitch

Like I say its all of their fans site so if its anything like this place you should MOTWYW!
stays on here

Unread 22-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Spiffy

A PREMIER LEAGUE football star was fighting for his life last night after crazed thugs repeatedly stabbed him in BOTH LEGS.

West Ham defender Calum Davenport's mum was also knifed in the horror attack at her house.

It is thought the attackers were determined to ensure dad-of-one Calum, 26, never plays again.

Sources last night said his injuries were so severe his left leg may have to be amputated - and the next 48 hours are critical.

The knife severed a main artery, causing Calum to lose PINTS of blood. Surgeons yesterday battled for FOUR HOURS to save his life.

He needed a major blood transfusion and was for a time put on a life support machine.

Last night the player - whose wife is seven months pregnant with their second child - was in intensive care at hospital in Bedford.

A police guard was put on the door of his private cubicle.

His mum Kim Stupple, 49, was in a "serious condition" in the same hospital with stomach wounds. A source said: "It looks like Calum was stabbed twice in each leg. The next day or so are crucial. He suffered huge blood loss, which is why they operated for so long.

"Everyone close to him is very, very concerned. His mum appears to be out of danger but things are much, much worse for Calum."

West Ham bosses have sent their chief medical officer Nikos Tzouroudis to the hospital. A spokesman said: "Our thoughts are with Calum and his family."

It is thought the 6ft 4ins defender - who signed for the Hammers for £3million in 2007 - was involved in family row soon before the knifing. He had been on a golf day with pals on Friday then went to his mum's semi-detached home in Kempston, Beds, that evening.

His sister Cara, 28, was also at the house, which Calum bought for his mum. He is thought to have told Cara he did not like the crowd she was mixing with.

Soon afterwards two men turned up with a knife. A source said: "The family have been worried for a long time about the types of people Cara hangs about with.

"Calum mentioned this to her and a little while later there was a knock at the door. Calum opened it and that's when the attack happened."

The fight spilled on to the street and cops were called at 5am. Yesterday Calum's distraught wife Zoey - mum to his four-year-old daughter Angel-Skye - was being comforted by relatives at A&E.

Cops cordoned off the road where his mujm lives road for several hours while they carried out forensic tests and inquiries.

Last night a police spokesman said two men, aged 19 and 25, had been arrested in connection with the attack and were being questioned at stations in Bedford - where Calum and Zoey also have their home.

Two years ago, Calum - who joined West Ham from Tottenham - suffered a broken bone in his neck after a clash on the pitch.

Last week Nottingham Forest confirmed they were hoping to get the former England under-21star player on loan to solve their defensive crisis.

Unread 22-08-2009, 11:06 PM
waynes ear's

i bet she wont do that again

Unread 22-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Zorg

£#%&! me, that's very, very bad.

Hope he pulls through.

Unread 22-08-2009, 11:46 PM
rogieop

well i think its safe to say his football career is over.

£#%&!ing mental stuff!! the arteries at the top of your leg can be life threatening if severed, almost like slitting your wrists.

how the £#%&! did he manage to get mixed up in all that shennanigans.

poor bastard.

Unread 22-08-2009, 11:51 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
well i think its safe to say his football career is over.

£#%&!ing mental stuff!! the arteries at the top of your leg can be life threatening if severed, almost like slitting your wrists.

how the £#%&! did he manage to get mixed up in all that shennanigans.

poor bastard.
lots of dodgy bastards are attracted to the money there is in the game, think it's always been the case, but there is so much money about now.
Closed Thread