Switching Off

Default Best & Worst PL moments

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-worst-moments

Does Ziad post on here?

Unread 03-07-2017, 11:02 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Liverpool
Best moment: The 2008-09 season. Rafa Benítez put together a superb squad that would have won the Premier League almost any other year, but unfortunately we were fighting for the title with one of the strongest ever Manchester United teams including Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez. Our spine of Reina, Agger, Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres was unbelievably good and the team produced the best football I’ve seen Liverpool play in the entire Premier League era.

Worst moment: The end of the 2013-14 season. Obviously Gerrard’s slip against Chelsea was disappointing but for me the worst moment was the capitulation in the next game against Crystal Palace, where we surrendered a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3. I remember Luis Suárez on the floor in tears after the game and it still hurts to think about it. We had blown our chance at the title when just a week earlier it was so tantalisingly close.

Unread 03-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Their best moment was coming second to us. How it should be

Unread 03-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Arnold Muhren

Quote:
"Worst moment: The end of the 2013-14 season. Obviously Gerrard’s slip against Chelsea was disappointing but for me the worst moment was the capitulation in the next game against Crystal Palace, where we surrendered a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3. I remember Luis Suárez on the floor in tears after the game and it still hurts to think about it. We had blown our chance at the title when just a week earlier it was so tantalisingly close."

£#%&!. Them.

Unread 03-07-2017, 11:16 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
"Worst moment: The end of the 2013-14 season. Obviously Gerrard’s slip against Chelsea was disappointing but for me the worst moment was the capitulation in the next game against Crystal Palace, where we surrendered a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3. I remember Luis Suárez on the floor in tears after the game and it still hurts to think about it. We had blown our chance at the title when just a week earlier it was so tantalisingly close."

£#%&!. Them.
Is that a headless person in the row behind the fat knecked bastard?

Unread 03-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Billy Redface

Their best and worst moments were their hearts breaking.

Vvg2s.

Unread 03-07-2017, 11:22 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren

£#%&!. Them.
Must have seen that gif hundreds of times, but you can still find something new

The lad who's face is partly obscured by the score, just turns and mutters to himself

Unread 03-07-2017, 11:31 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Must have seen that gif hundreds of times, but you can still find something new

The lad who's face is partly obscured by the score, just turns and mutters to himself
just noticed the guy next to sullers who literally doesn't move. Just stands there in utter disbelief, his dreams and possibly his life crumbling around him.

Delicious.

Unread 03-07-2017, 11:37 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

just noticed the guy next to sullers who literally doesn't move. Just stands there in utter disbelief, his dreams and possibly his life crumbling around him.

Delicious.
Think the invisible man was touching him up

Unread 03-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Switching Off

Comment on the Liverpool part

Quote:
To be fair that season featured a 4-0 win over Real Madrid (not in the league but ok) beating United 4-1 at Old Trafford, beating a very strong Aston Villa side 5-0, Gerrard being the best attacking midfielder in Europe for that year apart from Iniesta, Alonso being regal as ever and as the poster said some of the best football we've ever played.

We may not have won anything but we created memories and made our fans happy. And memories might not last as long as trophies but they come pretty damn close.

Unread 03-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

2008/09 Par League and Nice Memories Cup Double Winners

Unread 03-07-2017, 11:59 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

If only we had some memories from that season like Macheda's goal, the Spurs comeback, battering Arsenal in the semi, Ronaldo's goal against Porto

Oh well

The Scouse bastards think they're being profound with those sort of £#%&!y %@#$&!s statements

Unread 03-07-2017, 12:08 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
If only we had some memories from that season like Macheda's goal, the Spurs comeback, battering Arsenal in the semi, Ronaldo's goal against Porto

Oh well

The Scouse bastards think they're being profound with those sort of £#%&!y %@#$&!s statements
Or actually winning the title

Unread 03-07-2017, 12:13 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Manchester United

Best moment: That comeback. OK, that doesn’t help. The comeback against Tottenham Hotspur. OK, not much better. The comeback against Tottenham on 29 September 2001, when Andy Cole kicked off the greatest 45 minutes of Premier League football. I was only nine years old but that second half is forever emblazoned in my mind. It wasn’t just that we came back to win 5-3, it’s the way we did it: the audacity to attack like that and pull it off.

Worst moment: The-Game-That-Must-Not-Be-Named. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get over losing 6-1 to Manchester City at Old Trafford. That was also the beginning of the end for me with Jonny Evans.

Favourite player: If you don’t say Eric Cantona, you’re wrong.
So if he was 9 when United beat Spurs 5-3 that would make him 5 when Eric called it a day.

Unread 03-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
So if he was 9 when United beat Spurs 5-3 that would make him 5 when Eric called it a day.
Good point.

Like when people under the age of 70 talk about how good Duncan Edwards was.

Unread 03-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Mr_Ed

The 1-6 was a shitter but their winner at hone to QPR after our win at Sunderland or losing the league to Blackburn on the last day were bigger shitters personally.

Unread 03-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
The 1-6 was a shitter but their winner at hone to QPR after our win at Sunderland or losing the league to Blackburn on the last day were bigger shitters personally.
Yep.

I was a kid in 95 and couldn't £#%&!ing handle that week.

Unread 03-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Good point.

Like when people under the age of 70 talk about how good Duncan Edwards was.
To be fair they may have watched him reincarnated in the form of Phil Jones.

Unread 03-07-2017, 12:27 PM
sa7

Quote:
Chelsea

Best moment: The 2004-05 season, the first after Roman Abramovich bought the club
No, that would've been 03-04.

Some absolute belms contributed to this article

Unread 03-07-2017, 12:28 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
No, that would've been 03-04.

Some absolute belms contributed to this article
Also, an entire season isn't a moment

Stupid bastard @#%&!
Closed Thread