United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2007, 09:18 AM
toseeunited

Exclamation United were negotiating a deal for Tevez BEFORE the last game of the season!!

I was on holiday when I read this in the Mirror - that Tevez was out with our lads celebrating winning the league - the night of the Chelsea away game! And since then, I've thought there was something in it!

Just dug out the article here - we certainly haven't messed about this year re transfers - if it is true we started negotiating then, then we were potentially looking to have 4 players signed within 1 month!! The Tevez legal side has obviously been looked into, hence the length of time it has taken to sort a deal out!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/topsto...name_page.html

Still buzzin today!!

Quote:
...AND LOOK WHO WAS OUT CELEBRATING WITH THEM

By Darren Lewis 11/05/2007

MANCHESTER United's partying players were joined by white-suited West Ham striker Carlos Tevez (above) at a London night spot on Wednesday - sparking speculation of an imminent move to Old Trafford.
It may be four years since United won the title, but they still know how to celebrate.
The entire squad was at Chester races yesterday as they continued their Premiership party which began on Sunday in Manchester after Chelsea's draw with Arsenal confirmed Sir Alex Ferguson's team as champions.

United's celebrations picked up again following their draw at Chelsea on Wednesday night - when they were joined by Tevez and his representative Kia Joorabchian at Les Ambassadeurs gambling club, where the fun went on until the small hours of yesterday morning.
Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have had Tevez watched so far this season but the Argentinian's close friendship with United defender Gabriel Heinze could be a deciding factor.
Tevez will lead West Ham's strike force against the new champions at Old Trafford on Sunday hunting the point that will keep Alan Curbishley's men in the Premiership.
West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson has said he will try to keep Tevez at Upton Park if they stay in the top flight but after six goals in his last nine games he has become hot property.

Unread 06-07-2007, 09:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Mihir Bose was saying on the beeb yesterday that these negotiations have been going on for 5+ weeks so this makes some sense.

Unread 06-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Mihir Bose was saying on the beeb yesterday that these negotiations have been going on for 5+ weeks so this makes some sense.
However, like i said on the other thread.. If we'd bothered to beat West Ham and therefore send them down, I bet we'd be getting him for a lot less.

Unread 06-07-2007, 09:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
However, like i said on the other thread.. If we'd bothered to beat West Ham and therefore send them down, I bet we'd be getting him for a lot less.
Not sure that's even relevent, the only person who thinks that West Ham have ownership is a PL spokesman. I'm not sure West Ham are convinced and the Sheff U arbitration panel were extremely sceptical, stating that 3rd party agreements were almost certainly in place. If we are as seems likely dealing with external owners, West Ham's situation is irrelevant.

Unread 06-07-2007, 09:35 AM
toseeunited

United Lawyers will have been through this with a fine tooth comb - there's no way we would be led into a situation whereby we get £#%&!ed about/over!

i/m positive we're close to tieing up the deal!

Unread 06-07-2007, 09:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

From today's Times :-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle2034228.ece

Carlos Tévez is expected to complete his transfer to Manchester United in the next 24 hours. The Argentina forward will join the Barclays Premier League champions on an initial two-year loan, at the end of which United will have the chance to buy the player permanently for a fee that could be more than £20 million.

The deal is complicated because West Ham United do not own Tévez outright, but it is thought that the London club have agreed to hand over the player’s registration rights to United so that the transfer can be sanctioned by the Premier League.

In turn, United will pay two annual fees of about £3 million to Kia Joorabchian, the businessman whose Media Sports Investments (MSI) firm owns the economic rights to Tévez.

It was unclear last night whether West Ham would receive any payment from United, although privately the club are thought to be glad to see the back of a player, who, through no fault of his own, has caused them considerable embarrassment.

Unread 06-07-2007, 09:37 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz

It's looking like a loan deal now, a fee of around £4m is being reported - I doubt it would've been any cheaper relegated or not.

Unread 06-07-2007, 09:39 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
United Lawyers will have been through this with a fine tooth comb - there's no way we would be led into a situation whereby we get £#%&!ed about/over!

We will sign him on identical terms to the Mash man to Liverpool deal.

We will then get taken to the £#%&!ing cleaners by the PL while the rat eaters get away with it

Unread 06-07-2007, 09:40 AM
MethodMan

Quote:

We are

I can confirm that

Unread 06-07-2007, 09:46 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
We will sign him on identical terms to the Mash man to Liverpool deal.

We will then get taken to the £#%&!ing cleaners by the PL while the rat eaters get away with it

If we loan him, he will come.

Unread 06-07-2007, 09:49 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
If we loan him, he will come.
i agree - it won't take us 2 years to tell him that OT is the place to be - look at wayne - he was loving united within months. carlitos will settle in, and i'd like to see gabi stay now just to help him out!!

Unread 06-07-2007, 09:57 AM
The Return of JC

Also, West Ham's silence on this issue only helps us, I think.

If they do own hiim and we're negotiating without them then they'd be going nuts now.

The fact that they haven't means they don't own him and have no intention of keeping him.

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodMan
We are

I can confirm that

You don't work for United.

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:02 AM
punk_football

Here he is, wouldn't think that he' doesn't drink

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:06 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
carlitos will settle in, and i'd like to see gabi stay now just to help him out!!
I hope it'll work the other way around tbh, Tevez' arrival hopefully killing off Heinzes wunderlust.

Can't see him staying though, he'll probably be the first out of the door, let's be honest,we can do without him and he'll command a fee roughly the same as the one which brought him in.

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:13 AM
ethelred

Don't overlook the SAF and curbs relationship either.

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:14 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I hope it'll work the other way around tbh, Tevez' arrival hopefully killing off Heinzes wunderlust.

Can't see him staying though, he'll probably be the first out of the door, let's be honest,we can do without him and he'll command a fee roughly the same as the one which brought him in.
yeah... i can see the deal to madrid going through tbh, but if that happens do you think that silvestre would stay as cover for evra?

or would we rely on JOS to cover where required across the back 4?

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:15 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
yeah... i can see the deal to madrid going through tbh, but if that happens do you think that silvestre would stay as cover for evra?

Goldfish is done at United, it's just a matter of time. I suspect United still hope to keep Heinze.

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:16 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethelred
Don't overlook the SAF and curbs relationship either.
good point - i think from watching curbs answer questions re the tevez affair last season, he was very uncomfortable - being such an honest bloke all of his carreer and then being involved in this shit - so yeah - he might have put his case across that he wants rid of him and to agree with SAF etc!

seems like curbs has got the respect of maggnusson(sp) and it seems he is the one pulling the transfer strings and not maggnusson...

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:17 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:

I reckon Silvestre is going to stay, if only for the fact we won't get much for him in the market. I'd value him at £3m which is hardly worth selling for what is a decent squad member who knows his place.
Closed Thread