United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2007, 10:09 AM
puressence

Default so if we have spent 50 to 70 mill this summer and dont win the champs league

will ferie roll out another load of excuses and should he be £#%&!ed off if they fail

Unread 05-07-2007, 10:10 AM
believe

we will need a least another 12 months for the new team to gel.

Unread 05-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Crumps

Talking The positivity regarding the playing side is £#%&!ing killing you isn't it?

2 of the players are very young and won't probably won't have an immediate impact. Hargreaves presence will improve our performance against the better teams imo so I expect us to get to at least the semis again. If we don't win it it won't be a disaster, our priority shoud be the league again and then anything else is a bonus.

Unread 05-07-2007, 10:18 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
2 of the players are very young and won't probably won't have an emmidiate impact. Hargreaves presence will improve our performance against the better teams imo so I expect us to get to at least the semis again. If we don't win it it won't be a disaster, our priority shoud be the league again and then anything else is a bonus.
did ferie write that for you

koppas

£#%&! off Lee.

Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
did ferie write that for you
No I just used common sense. You should try it once in a while.

Unread 05-07-2007, 10:24 AM
El Calafate

this will be fergie's last season imo. nft.

Unread 05-07-2007, 10:29 AM
King Schlong

Thumbs up

Quote:
2 of the players are very young and won't probably won't have an emmidiate impact. Hargreaves presence will improve our performance against the better teams imo so I expect us to get to at least the semis again. If we don't win it it won't be a disaster, our priority shoud be the league again and then anything else is a bonus.

Unread 05-07-2007, 11:12 AM
armchair

it's just going to be Carlos taking over anyway.

Unread 05-07-2007, 11:21 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
it's just going to be Carlos taking over anyway.
Correct.

Unread 05-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Piledriver

Weight Watches

Unread 05-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piledriver
Weight Watches

Unread 05-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
2 of the players are very young and won't probably won't have an immediate impact. Hargreaves presence will improve our performance against the better teams imo so I expect us to get to at least the semis again. If we don't win it it won't be a disaster, our priority shoud be the league again and then anything else is a bonus.
That's fine but we've just won the league and that was before £50-70M was added to the debt. Scholes, Giggs, Nev etc are running out of time and so we haven't got the luxury of buying players who can settle in over time. I'm sure most of the board could get us to the semis of the EC with the kind of money we've spent over the past 10 years, we need to win it again, if SAF can't do it after spending this money then he should allow someone in who can. Hopefully SAF will do the business but he can't be guaranteed a job for life anymore.

Unread 05-07-2007, 03:22 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
That's fine but we've just won the league and that was before £50-70M was added to the debt. Scholes, Giggs, Nev etc are running out of time and so we haven't got the luxury of buying players who can settle in over time. I'm sure most of the board could get us to the semis of the EC with the kind of money we've spent over the past 10 years, we need to win it again, if SAF can't do it after spending this money then he should allow someone in who can. Hopefully SAF will do the business but he can't be guaranteed a job for life anymore.
well said

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I have said that I think the introduction of Hargreaves will improve our performance against the better teams which will inturn mark an improvement on last year both domestically and in europe. His presence in the squad means that not only will we have a style of player who we have needed since Keano was at 100% we will have genuine midfield options and be less likely to see players absoloutey knackered when it comes to the closing stages of the season.

In regards to Nani and Anderson it's pretty clear they have been bought because of the potenial they both show rather than to be thrown straight into the first team. They'll probably be used sparingly and seeing that we still have Giggs and Scholes who are more than capable of playing well for 30-40 games a season we certainly do have the luxury of letting these two players especially settle over time.

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:12 AM
puressence

so for the next 3 years ferie will be rolling out more potential %@#$&!s

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
so for the next 3 years ferie will be rolling out more potential %@#$&!s

'Potential %@#$&!s' What else would you class two young players from the Portuguese league as then apart from potential? If you are going to constantly £#%&!ing moan about something think it through first ffs.

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Rhodzy

We haven't spent £50m+ this summer. nft.

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
We haven't spent £50m+ this summer. nft.
Don't let the facts get in the way of an ill-informed rant though.

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:18 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
we will need a least another 12 months for the new team to gel.
agreed, but i think they will gel very quickly - and the likes of hargreaves and tevez are the 2 extra key players who can bring us success in europe next season.

i honestly think that had hargreaves been playing instead of fletcher in the 2 milan games we wou;dn't have conceded in the way we did - he would have protected the back 4 a lot better.
Closed Thread