United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2020, 11:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Thing with City is they had Liverpool breathing down their necks

I genuinely can’t see anyone challenging Liverpool for a few years (besides City if they get the ban overturned)

We’re a few years away, Chelsea like us, Sheff Utd? Leicester?

The scouse are having their time in the sun at the moment and it’ll pass eventually, but they'll dominate for a few years yet imo.
They were breathing down their neck for one year. Before that, we finished above them.

If the last few years has taught us anything, it's that each season (probably barring last) has been utterly dominated by one team that came out of virtually nowhere and didnt back it up.

Leicester, Chelsea, City...

Teams are getting a bit of momentum, running away unchallenged and it all looks so easy.

You learn more about these teams when things start to go wrong. The same things are being said now that were being said about City two years ago. Even last year. Look at how city responded to Liverpool pushing them.

I'm not saying Liverpool arent good, because they clearly are, but the league can do better at pushing them and then we'll see how they react.

Unread 14-02-2020, 11:50 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
me this evening driving along...

"talksport breaking news.."

Was in the pub. Managed to break the news

Unread 14-02-2020, 11:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
They were breathing down their neck for one year. Before that, we finished above them.

If the last few years has taught us anything, it's that each season (probably barring last) has been utterly dominated by one team that came out of virtually nowhere and didnt back it up.

Teams are getting a bit of momentum, running away unchallenged and it all looks so easy.

You learn more about these teams when things start to go wrong. The same things are being said now that were being said about City two years ago. Even last year. Look at how city responded to Liverpool pushing them.

I'm not saying Liverpool arent good, because they clearly are, but the league can do better at pushing them and then we'll see how they react.
It's changed dramatically.

united became experts in doing just enough every season to finish top of the pile. Stay in touching distance of the top and then go strong after christmas.

now it's a £#%&!ing 38 game sprint. Looking like the last 3 league winners will post up virtually 100 points

Unread 14-02-2020, 11:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Only while they have that thunderc*** of a manager.
Would he stay there if Bayern, Real, Barca or the national job were offered him?
Probably

He’s a right weird bastard and no doubt loves how they ‘get him’ etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

I’m not so sure the league can do better tbh pal.

It’s £#%&!ing shit at the moment and I can’t see where a challenger is coming from.

They’ve been building towards this for a few season (Europa final, league cup final, back to back CL finals, 2nd and 90+ points etc), IMO they’ll win the lot over the next few years sadly.

Unread 15-02-2020, 12:02 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
It's changed dramatically.

united became experts in doing just enough every season to finish top of the pile. Stay in touching distance of the top and then go strong after christmas.

now it's a f***ing 38 game sprint. Looking like the last 3 league winners will post up virtually 100 points
With 2nd getting 96 last season.

Look at liverpool. Their record is just ridiculous. 2 points dropped. 2. £#%&!ing TWO. it's unprecedented.

Do you watch them and think they're something we've never seen the likes of before, because that's what the numbers suggest.

I think they're good, but not special. They have incredible self-belief, but I think a lot of that is momentum from their form and somewhat self-perpetuating. Again, let's see when they get a bit of adversity thrown at them.

Leicester set all this off. They won the league an won it comfortably. Conte was a blathering idiot and won it comfortably. Pep finished 4th and then got 101 points. The seasons are very isolated. More than we ever saw in the last 20 years.

Liverpool will go into next season as favourites, but I wouldn't bet on anything with any confidence. This league is shite and insane.

Unread 15-02-2020, 12:04 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 15-02-2020, 12:08 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Probably

He’s a right weird bastard and no doubt loves how they ‘get him’ etc.

I’m not so sure the league can do better tbh pal.

It’s f***ing shit at the moment and I can’t see where a challenger is coming from.

They’ve been building towards this for a few season (Europa final, league cup final, back to back CL finals, 2nd and 90+ points etc), IMO they’ll win the lot over the next few years sadly.
The better teams can do better. It's about being pushed. As soon as a team gets any kind of lead, they're up and away.

Perhaps they've been building to it, but before they got 96 points, they came 4th. Before City got 101, they also finished 4th.

Those didnt look predictable either, so I get why nobody seems close now, but the last few seasons have shown that a team can come out of more or less nowhere.

We could start well. As could spurs, Chelsea, arsenal, city. Liverpool get an unlucky couple of draws (think city this season at home to spurs in August) and suddenly they face something they haven't faced in 18 months.

Again, nothing is being said about liverpool now that wasnt about city as recently as a year ago. A lot can change very quickly.

I'm not saying you're wrong btw. I just wouldn't bank on anything after the last few years.

Unread 15-02-2020, 12:16 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I like it
It means Liverpool would have ended their title drought after just 24 years, though.

Unread 15-02-2020, 01:20 AM
Pop

Thumbs down

Like clockwork this smelly treble chinned big fat scruffy bastard jiggles to City's defence.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ster-City.html

Quote:
MARTIN SAMUEL: Financial Fair Play is just a UEFA protection racket... this is payback by the elite clubs who hate Manchester City
Every time, he's there cheerleading for them oil slurping @#%&!s on and running down their rivals. Clearly on their payroll the £#%&!ing pig. Probably paid in lard.

Unread 15-02-2020, 01:33 AM
Stickman

Well isn’t this just the best news to wake up to.

£#%&!ing hell.

Remove all trophies please

Unread 15-02-2020, 01:39 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Like clockwork this smelly treble chinned big fat scruffy bastard jiggles to City's defence.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ster-City.html

Every time, he's there cheerleading for them oil slurping @#%&!s on and running down their rivals. Clearly on their payroll the £#%&!ing pig. Probably paid in lard.
It's going to be very easy from now on to see which journo's have their noses in the abu dhabi trough.

Samuels has been in it from day one

Unread 15-02-2020, 02:07 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
It's going to be very easy from now on to see which journo's have their noses in the abu dhabi trough.

Samuels has been in it from day one
Are there any that aren't? I've pointed out before how even the Grauniad follow Simon Pearce's instructions

They're all on the gravy stain train

Unread 15-02-2020, 02:18 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Are there any that aren't? I've pointed out before how even the Grauniad follow Simon Pearce's instructions
It's incredible how many tip-toe around calling it what it is - cheating.

Absolutely incredible. The narrative has been so ingrained in the UK press for the last 10 years that it's almost unheard of to write anything about City's owners in a negative light.

No doubt this will be framed by a lot of the UK press, especially, as big bad UEFA trying to scupper poor City's attempts to gate crash the big boys club etc etc.

the fact is, city have been thumbing their noses at everyone for the last 10 years, playing the spoilt rich kid. "if you try and discipline me, my dad will sue you" .... not even trying to be subtle about it.

you didn't need a football leaks twitter feed to see the blatant fiddling of the books.. browse through their primary sponsors and put 2+2 together. The press and media over here have known exactly what city were doing.... but it was good for business. big new sensational moneybags owners helping to sell the premier league product... generate clicks, journos turn up to the etihad and get a nice heated seat, free goodies, everybody's happy right?

Well, not if you're any of the other 19 other clubs all run properly and operating to a budget, but £#%&! them anyway right who cares?

Unread 15-02-2020, 02:39 AM
waynes ear's

Sparkys essays almost make me want to tell the authorities just to call it a wum and move on

Its going to CAS and City will get drilled harder for contesting it. Simple as that. City are £#%&!ed.

United have bigger problems so lets not laugh too hard

Unread 15-02-2020, 02:46 AM
Sparky***

Shut up you

Unread 15-02-2020, 03:02 AM
20LEgend1999

Has believe been on defending them yet?

Unread 15-02-2020, 05:33 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Has believe been on defending them yet?
Defending what?

Unread 15-02-2020, 06:26 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Defending what?
I think he means the Arabs.

Unread 15-02-2020, 06:44 AM
believe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I think he means the Arabs.
Oh right, yeah they’re great.

Unread 15-02-2020, 07:58 AM
MUFC One Love

It'll get reduced to a year on appeal. Wouldn't put it past this lot to wiggle out of it with their money mind you.
Closed Thread