United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-10-2010, 09:28 PM
red in cumbria

Default Re: Scary Away Days?

Not strictly an away day, but........back in 1975 (?) my old man went to Wembley to watch England beat Scotland 5-1. Thing was, he went with his mate (best man at my parents wedding) who just happened to be Scottish. That was how he found himself surrounded by a load of drunken Jocks who got more and more pissed - and pissed off - as the game went on

He barely dared even breathe

Unread 17-10-2010, 10:05 PM
stax

'85 Goodison FA Cup - the scariest/most exhilarating 'away' I've been to in 30 odd years including West Ham, Leeds and Millwall

Unread 17-10-2010, 10:16 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
everton away in 2005 was pretty naaaaaaaaawty

vermin and everton giving it the big one after the game

we were put in a police corden and walked all the way back to lime street

pelted with all sorts as we walked past the estates and then finally down that dual carriageway

scum

edit - in the cup btw
I was caught up in a mass brawl, near the taxi club, ended up jumping on the nearest minibus with Manchester wrote on it, full of battlehardened reds who collected shoes of victims, then lobbed them at scousers heads on the drive home.

Unread 17-10-2010, 11:05 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
everton away in 2005 was pretty naaaaaaaaawty

vermin and everton giving it the big one after the game

we were put in a police corden and walked all the way back to lime street

pelted with all sorts as we walked past the estates and then finally down that dual carriageway

scum

edit - in the cup btw

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:25 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
My brother lost his shoe in that!
I couldn't go because I was playing football in Oldham but I remember him telling me about it. He was haring around looking for it in the middle of the scrap and people were saying'
'P. What you doing?'
'Looking for me £#%&!ing shoe!'

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:06 PM
tomsdreads

Most bizarre thing about that day was a scouser in our end. around 10 mins to go the daft @#%&! 'yer fukcing manc bastards' next thing he's at the bottom of the concourse without his feet touching one single step, there is something really comical about seeing fat blokes do backwards roly-poly's, esp when it's not through choice.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:23 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
just lads running around Im sure there was a few punches thrown but when I got back to a boozer in Burnage you would have thought some lads had been to Vietnam
Closed Thread