United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:14 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I wish we were on our 32th goal.
ahhh the 'knowledgable' ones are here.

we are getting embarrassed every week yet nothing.

what has eth done to deserve this blind faith in him...

do you even watch us ? you can watch us play football and be in support of out manager.
this is worse that lvg and Mourinho... we aren't even decent but boring...we are just shit. completely shit.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:15 PM
My Name is Heath

Marlo called this 4 months ago.

The Mob tried to hound him out like a wet frog.

If anything he was wrong - he didn't expect it to be this shit.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:15 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Ironic that while defensive frailties are being pointed out, harsh light of day is this is shit on a stick, lowest common denominator continental defensive football. The sort you’d see Bologna or Real Betis playing in a desperate attempt to stay in the division.

Utd with 16 goals in 14 league games ffs.

He’s the worst manager since Moyes.

Out.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:17 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Marlo called this 4 months ago.

The Mob tried to hound him out like a wet frog.

If anything he was wrong - he didn't expect it to be this shit.
Marlo said he should have been sacked after the cup final. Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:20 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Marlo said he should have been sacked after the cup final. Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.
if we did sack him. we wouldn't have have mount, Onana, hojlund etc..

phew thank god we didn't.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:20 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
ahhh the 'knowledgable' ones are here.

we are getting embarrassed every week yet nothing.

what has eth done to deserve this blind faith in him...

do you even watch us ? you can watch us play football and be in support of out manager.
this is worse that lvg and Mourinho... we aren't even decent but boring...we are just shit. completely shit.
I was just making a joke about ‘32th’ pal. I predicted we’d lose beforehand, you cheeky gimp.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Big fan of ETH and empathise with injuries etc, but he takes full responsibility for that.

Picking Rashford and Martial was truly baffling. You need intensity and workrate, so what possessed him to think Martial would do anything other than exactly what he’s done for 9 £#%&!ing years is beyond me. Rashford is a disgrace at the moment. Just sauntering round like the world owes him something. He’s lazy and overrated and can simply £#%&! off. Last season was the anomaly. This is the norm.

We bemoan ETH not having his own players, but then he leaves out two of them out. For players who are completely the wrong fit. And it played out exactly like you feared it would.

It was clear as day how they’d play and he still waited to we went behind before doing anything.

That was was an entirely predictable result and performance. Every man and his dog could see there would be a level of intensity that we simply wouldn’t deal with.

That’s a scratch Newcastle side that hadn’t made a sub for two games and yet they completely overran us from start to finish. First to every ball. Every player with acres of room to do what they like. Ours, the opposite.

I am sick to £#%&!ing death of every team we play out working us. You can take players scratching around for form, but watching us consistently lose physical battles and just fall apart mentally is depressing.

The very notion that we’d go into it tonight and win every battle, work harder, want it more seems like a virtual impossibility

Recent weeks, we’ve shown some quality in spells, but our general play, work rate, attitude and intelligence in-game is absolutely abysmal.

Any team of any quality and you just don’t fancy us to do anything.

You just knew that we were getting outplayed tonight. It wasn’t in doubt.

Whenever we’ve won this season, it’s been against utter shite and not without its wobbly moments and occasional chaos. We’re reliant on spells and moments and our enjoyment comes from the same. The occasional last minute winner and that’s it.

We are a total £#%&!ing mess. Again.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:23 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Big fan of ETH and empathise with injuries etc, but he takes full responsibility for that.

Picking Rashford and Martial was truly baffling. You need intensity and workrate, so what possessed him to think Martial would do anything other than exactly what he’s done for 9 £#%&!ing years is beyond me. Rashford is a disgrace at the moment. Just sauntering round like the world owes him something. He’s lazy and overrated and can simply £#%&! off. Last season was the anomaly. This is the norm.

We bemoan ETH not having his own players, but then he leaves out two of them out. For players who are completely the wrong fit. And it played out exactly like you feared it would.

It was clear as day how they’d play and he still waited to we went behind before doing anything.

That was was an entirely predictable result and performance. Every man and his dog could see there would be a level of intensity that we simply wouldn’t deal with.

That’s a scratch Newcastle side that hadn’t made a sub for two games and yet they completely overran us from start to finish. First to every ball. Every player with acres of room to do what they like. Ours, the opposite.

I am sick to £#%&!ing death of every team we play out working us. You can take players scratching around for form, but watching us consistently lose physical battles and just fall apart mentally is demoralising.

The very notion that we’d go into it tonight and win every battle, work harder, want it more seems like a virtual impossibility

Recent weeks, we’ve shown some quality in spells, but our general play, work rate, attitude and intelligence in-game is absolutely abysmal.

Any team of any quality and you just don’t fancy us to do anything.

You just knew that we were getting outplayed tonight. It wasn’t in doubt.

Whenever we’ve won this season, it’s been against utter shite and not without its wobbly moments and occasional chaos

We are a total £#%&!ing mess. Again.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:29 PM
Tuco

Merlins right on here

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:32 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Big fan of ETH
How can you be a big fan of ETH? How?

16 goals in 14 league games. It's so utterly bizarre, so utterly surreal that its almost laughable.

But its not laughable. We're on for the same number of league goals as Leeds scored in 19th position. Out of a forward line that includes a Brazilian international, two England internationals, an Argentinian international and a new £70 million signing. That's not funny. It's sickening.

Compound it with falling out with one of said England internationals, in addition to one of the greatest centre backs of the past 15 years in the modern game in order to push the best left back in the division out of position. This following his attempts to drive from the club numerous players over the summer who are now mainstays, and have spared his blushes ahead of his own multi-100£ million recruits.

Laughing stock of the Champions League. 14 goals conceded v Copenhagen, Galatasary and a Munich team second in their league FFS.

There is nothing - nothing - to be a fan of. Its shit on a stick football against the dross, by which we scrape by on 1-0s. It is routine humiliation against the peer group. It is simultaneous mismanagement of the budget given to him and the squad of players he inherited.

We have morons calling for more defensive football, when as it is he's set the team up so defensively (regardless of personnel) that I'd be surprised if we've had a lower scoring season than this at this stage in history.

There is nothing positive here. Nothing.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:36 PM
Medlock

This is the worst we've been since I started going regularly in 1985. Not playing the blame game but I think we need to accept that

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen

16 goals in 14 league games. It's so utterly bizarre, so utterly surreal that its almost laughable.

But its not laughable. We're on for the same number of league goals as Leeds scored in 19th position. Out of a forward line that includes a Brazilian international, two England internationals, an Argentinian international and a new £70 million signing. That's not funny. It's sickening.

Compound it with falling out with one of said England internationals, in addition to one of the greatest centre backs of the past 15 years in the modern game in order to push the best left back in the division out of position. This following his attempts to drive from the club numerous players over the summer who are now mainstays, and have spared his blushes ahead of his own multi-100£ million recruits.

Laughing stock of the Champions League. 14 goals conceded v Copenhagen, Galatasary and a Munich team second in their league FFS.

There is nothing - nothing - to be a fan of. Its shit on a stick football against the dross, by which we scrape by on 1-0s. It is routine humiliation against the peer group. It is simultaneous mismanagement of the budget given to him and the squad of players he inherited.

We have morons calling for more defensive football, when as it is he's set the team up so defensively (regardless of personnel) that I'd be surprised if we've had a lower scoring season than this at this stage in history.

Nothing will change for the better at this club until we get new ownership.

Please get that into your head.

Please.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:41 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Really?

That’s what you took from my post?

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:43 PM
red in cumbria

Is it EtH's fault that he *still* has to play Martial?

To cite just one example out of several.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:44 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

Please.
Mate I know you're kind-hearted, but you're thick as two £#%&!ing short planks.

Under this ownership the club has finished 3rd or higher in 4 of the last 6 seasons.

We've scored 16 league goals in December.

He's literally on for the lowest goals scored season since the 74 relegation ffs. From a team choc full of international footballers.

Quote:
Really?

That’s what you took from my post?
I merely quoted what you wrote.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:45 PM
Stickman

Quote:

Please.
Sure we won’t challenge for the big pots etc but that can’t shield any manager we get from setting the team up properly and getting them to play football you can get behind - plus motivating them a little bit.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:47 PM
jem

Quote:
who is calling for more defensive football? we aren't set up defensively at all either.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Under this ownership the club has finished 3rd or higher in 4 of the last 6 seasons.

We've scored 16 league goals in December ffs
So £#%&!ing what? Do you think they deserve a medal or something??

Their LONG TERM MISMANAGEMENT of the club has finally caught up with us.

As should be blatantly obvious to anybody with an attention span longer than a Golden Retriever with a keyboard.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

We've scored 16 league goals in December.

He's literally on for the lowest goals scored season since the 74 relegation ffs.

I merely quoted what you wrote.
And then responded to it as if it were the point.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:51 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
So £#%&!ing what? Do you think they deserve a medal or something??

Their LONG TERM MISMANAGEMENT of the club has finally caught up with us.

As should be blatantly obvious to anybody with an attention span longer than a Golden Retriever with a keyboard.
This isn't on the ownership. The Glazers are what they are, but £400 million spend on a host of players the manager or his agency has prior with to get literally relegation form attack (we've scored 1 more goal than Burnley with 7 pts in 19th) is not it.