United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:04 PM
1MUFC

koppas shut the £#%&! up you pleb. Having some complete head the ball like the watcher comment isnt anything to be proud of either. And why shouldnt they, without us ronaldo wouldnt be half the player he is. Other fans wouldnt have treated him like we have, he owns us a lot.

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Until his injury, Pires was undoubtably the better player. A goal every 3 games, and the highest assists in the Premier League. Probably the reason he won footballer of the year. But apart from all the goals and all the assists, Giggs was better.
He got injured in the 2001/2002 season, yes. So he was much better than Giggs for all of 2 years.

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
koppas shut the £#%&! up you pleb. Having some complete head the ball like the watcher comment isnt anything to be proud of either. And why shouldnt they, without us ronaldo wouldnt be half the player he is. Other fans wouldnt have treated him like we have, he owns us a lot.

You're talking daft. A kid with Ronaldo's skills would have made it at another major club if not United. He's been treated well and he has served us well (and I hope he continues to for a long time to come), but as Koppas so elequantly stated, he won't be here for ever and it would be silly to expect that of him.

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:08 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
You're talking daft. A kid with Ronaldo's skills would have made it at another major club if not United. He's been treated well and he has served us well (and I hope he continues to for a long time to come), but as Koppas so elequantly stated, he won't be here for ever and it would be silly to expect that of him.
I dont give a £#%&! what you think ronaldo wouldnt be where he is now if he joined another club.

poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I think it says something if you play for this club and have more medals than anybody who ever played here. If you think that counts for nothing then more fool you.
Where did I say it counts for nothing? I said for his service to the club, for his longevity, for the medals he's won, for the way he conducts himself off the pitch, he rightly deserves to be regarded as a United legend.

I'm simply saying that he's had far too many shocking games and not enough great moments (or even consistent games) to be ranked in the top top echelon of truly great players.

koppas

Quote:
You really are a fool if you don't agree with what I side. As dunk said, a hard to take truth.

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Part 36 Offer

Giggs is the only current player we will not be able to replace.

puressence

im sorry but ronaldo pisses all over rooney in the most important player for utd stakes

borsuk

Default good stuff

Quote:
Ahh that game again. One of those 6 or 7 youtube moments.

Yes I remember that game. The one he started on the bench because of a period of woeful form. The game he kept givig the ball away for the entire time he was on the pitch until he went on to score a great goal against an exhausted Arsenal team in extra-time.
the fact you don't rate him i find very reassuring.

as a football fan as much as a united fan i feel privileged to have seen such a player. i'll be telling my grandchildren about him, scholes and, i hope, rooney one day.

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Giggs is the only current player we will not be able to replace.
scholes ronaldo rooney all fall into that category you spaz

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:12 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the fact you don't rate him i find very reassuring.

as a football fan as much as a united fan i feel privileged to have seen such a player. i'll be telling my grandchildren about him, scholes and, i hope, rooney one day.
I do rate him.

So if you feel a player is not in the same bracket as George Best or Diego Maradona it means you don't rate them?

How I can class a player as "very good" and then not rate them is beyond me.

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:13 PM
dodger

Quote:
Where did I say it counts for nothing?.
It must have been the bit where you compared him to Phil Neville

Quote:

I said for his service to the club, for his longevity, for the medals he's won, for the way he conducts himself off the pitch, he rightly deserves to be regarded as a United legend..
Where did you say that?

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
I do rate him.

So if you feel a player is not in the same bracket as George Best or Diego Maradona it means you don't rate them?

How I can class a player as "very good" and then not rate them is beyond me.
Spartacus!

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:15 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
No chance. Rooney (to me at least) is a very instinctive player. When he plays a cleaver through ball, spots a pass, or shoots first time, I've always felt that there isn't much "thinking" involved. He just does it. The winner against Milan is the perfect example. He'd be wasted in midfield imo, especially when you consider that he can play both the number 9 or 10 role at a very high level.

No one's asking you too. You may have noticed that they both play for us!

It seems on FT you can only praise one our brilliant young players at the expense of another. It's rather sad, but all to predictable
Please don't roll your eyes at me. The point I was making is how most of our support see Ronny as the great player in our team as opposed to Wayne.

Anyway, see MJ Ramones post above. He talks plenty of sense.

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:16 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
It must have been the bit where you compared him to Phil Neville

Where did you say that?

Quote:
Ryan Giggs is a United legend for his outstanding service to the club. He's won far more than I'd ever have imagined when I first saw him as a kid
There.

And nowhere in this thread have I compared Ryan Giggs to Phil Neville.

I'll prove a point here now. I have a superb poll on its way. Watch and learn.

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:16 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
im sorry but ronaldo pisses all over rooney in the most important player for utd stakes
Case closed. Y'see?

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Scabs

Quote:
I dont give a £#%&! what you think ronaldo wouldnt be where he is now if he joined another club.
touche.

Unread 04-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Hmm . . . look at how Quaresma's developed in comparison, although he did break his foot I think before euro 2004, or a similar injury like that.

Quote:
I'm simply saying that he's had far too many shocking games and not enough great moments (or even consistent games) to be ranked in the top top echelon of truly great players.
I always remember Giggs stepping it up in Europe

Unread 04-01-2008, 07:29 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
I always remember Giggs stepping it up in Europe
Giggs consistently shone brighter than most of our players during the mid 90s - mid 2000s Champions League campaigns.

Giggs is a truly great player.
He's in a different league to the likes of Robert Pires.

I can't believe how much stick our best players have to put up with on this forum at times.

Unread 04-01-2008, 07:37 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Giggs consistently shone brighter than most of our players during the mid 90s - mid 2000s Champions League campaigns.

Giggs is a truly great player.
He's in a different league to the likes of Robert Pires.

I can't believe how much stick our best players have to put up with on this forum at times.
Indeed. Pires was outstanding for one season (01/02), Giggs was world class throughout the 90s.

Porto, Juventus, Barcelona, Inter Milan - all torn apart by our Ryan. In the case of Juventus in particular, the best side in Europe between 96 - 99 and he £#%&!ed them over on more then one occasion. Compare to Pires and the Arse, who couldn't even manage to beat Juves' reserves in front of a few 100 in 2000 to qualify from their group
Closed Thread