United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:01 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
How many times have you seen Tevez live in the flesh?

..come to that, how many times have you seen Rooney live?

You're a terrible judge of a footballer by all accounts. Very poor.
Unless there's another agenda at work here
I hope you aren't hinting that the WUM is on another WUM.................

And can someone just tell me what the diff between the Tevez and Mascherano deals are.

AND, will we sign Tevez before the start of the season?If not, I fear Gudjohnsen could hove into view............

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:04 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Yeah, it's a tough one aint it?

Which player is better, hmm?.

The one who's been outstanding for us for 3 years, scored plenty of goals (including many past our 'rivals' - Arsenal, Liverpool, City) scored goals that will go down as some of the finest I've seen at Old Trafford in over 20years of watching United, a player that gives absolutely everything for the team..a match winner of the highest possible quality. The finest English footballer of his generation.

or

A transfer target who despite looking a terrific little player has yet to show he's anywhere near in Rooney's class.

I honestly could weep at the opinions of some of the United fans on here. I'm 100% certain that if Wayne Rooney was Argentinian or Irish he'd be looked upon far more favourably by certain people.
i could turn that around and ask if rooney wasn't english would people have been as patient as they were last season when quite frankly he had an average season, when i talk about wayne at the highest level of football i'm talking about at international football where you can compare them, too early to compare them at premiership level. Perhaps you should read my posts properly instead of cherrypicking the parts that make you weep in future.

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Rossi the Red

Is Tevez 1 year or 2 years older than Rooney?

Wonder if he could've scored a hat trick in the Champions League on his United Debut at the age of 18?

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:12 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Is Tevez 1 year or 2 years older than Rooney?

Wonder if he could've scored a hat trick in the Champions League on his United Debut at the age of 18?
oh look, i'm not knocking rooney but after that hat trick against quite frankly £#%&! opposition what did he do in europe?
I have defended rooney on this forum, in fact i have stated in this thread i think that he is a brilliant player i just think that at the level where you can compare both players ie international level tevez has proved more, watch him playing at the moment he is simply sensational, how long since you could say the same about rooney playing like that for england?

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
i could turn that around and ask if rooney wasn't english would people have been as patient as they were last season when quite frankly he had an average season, .

23 goals and countless assists, not bad for someone who played a lot of games out wide.

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:14 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
i could turn that around and ask if rooney wasn't english would people have been as patient as they were last season when quite frankly he had an average season, when i talk about wayne at the highest level of football i'm talking about at international football where you can compare them
Patient?
All I read on here last season was childish brats whinig because Rooney hadn't scored a hattrick in every game.

Of course he did score in the derby again..did score what amounted to a title winning goal at Goodison...not to mention goals in both the FA CUP & European Cup QFs & SFs.

International records?

Well, Rooney's played in 2 major tournaments.
In the first (EURO 04) he was the most devastating talent at the competition & would most likely have gone on to help England win it if he hadn't broke his foot.
In the 2nd (WC 06) he went into the tournament recovering from an injury. He should never have played.
He also plays with shit players at International level compared to Tevez.
I think it's fair to say Rooney might shine playing alongside Messi, Riquelme, Aimar, Crespo & co..

I'm not having a pop at Tevez. I think he's excellent & I'm desperate for him to join.
However, my mouth is watering at the prospect of him playing alongside Rooney.
For whatever reason, some people on here act like 12 year old girls arguing over which member of WestLife is the 'fittest'

Wayne Rooney is unpopular on this forum for very purile reasons.

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:15 PM
£#%&! KFC

who gives a @#%&!in £#%&! what Rooney plays like for England

the kid is solid gold and he won us the league last season...despite being shit for most of it

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
compare both players ie international level tevez has proved more, watch him playing at the moment he is simply sensational, how long since you could say the same about rooney playing like that for england?

For the second time, can you provide some evidence please.

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:16 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Patient?
All I read on here last season was childish brats whinig because Rooney hadn't scored a hattrick in every game.

Of course he did score in the derby again..did score what amounted to a title winning goal at Goodison...not to mention goals in both the FA CUP & European Cup QFs & SFs.

International records?

Well, Rooney's played in 2 major tournaments.
In the first (EURO 04) he was the most devastatin talent at the competition & would most likely have gone on to help England win it if he hadn't broke his foot.
In the 2nd (WC 06) he went into the tournament recovering from an injury. He should never have played.
He also plays with shit players at International level compared to Tevez.
I think it's fair to say Rooney might shine playing alongside Messi, Riquelme, Aimar, Crespo & co..

I'm not having a pop at Tevez. I think he's excellent & I'm desperate for him to join.
However, my mouth is watering at the prospect of him playing alongside Rooney.
For whatever reason, some people on here act like 12 year old girls arguing over which member of WestLife is the 'fittest'

Wayne Rooney is unpopular on this forum for very purile reasons.
read my post i wasn't one of them, i have also stated today that i couldn't say one player is better than the other and hoped that they would be equally as brilliant, try reading my posts properly, thanks

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:17 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
oh look, i'm not knocking rooney but after that hat trick against quite frankly £#%&! opposition what did he do in europe?
I have defended rooney on this forum, in fact i have stated in this thread i think that he is a brilliant player i just think that at the level where you can compare both players ie international level tevez has proved more, watch him playing at the moment he is simply sensational, how long since you could say the same about rooney playing like that for england?

How can you have more affection for a player that has never pulled on the shirt than one that has given us so much to cheer about over the last few years?

How many times have you seen Tevez play?

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:20 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
How can you have more affection for a player that has never pulled on the shirt than one that has given us so much to cheer about over the last few years?

oh for £#%&!s sake, how can you construe that i have more affection for a player from my threads today, are you having a problem reading my posts, should i post slower to let you catch up?

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:21 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Rooney is the most gifted footballer I have ever seen.

I've been going on and off since about 86-87.

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:23 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Rooney is the most gifted footballer I have ever seen.

I've been going on and off since about 86-87.
better than eric?

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:27 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
better than eric?
At the moment, I won't say 'better than Eric'.Cantona is my favourite footballer, my idol.

But Rooney has something else.He's naturally more talented.I know what I mean, I just can't say it!

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:41 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
For the second time, can you provide some evidence please.
Funny how you take issue with rebelcountyred saying Tevez > Rooney, but when Vio says it you just ignore him. Hmmmm...

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Funny how you take issue with rebelcountyred saying Tevez > Rooney, but when Vio says it you just ignore him. Hmmmm...

Already had a debate with him regarding this.

Thank you for your continued interest in us both though, extremely flattering.

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:50 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Already had a debate with him regarding this.

Thank you for your continued interest in us both though, extremely flattering.
'both'

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:51 PM
TreeFiddy

No problem hun. x

TreeFiddy, forever pointing out your inconsistencies.

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:53 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
At the moment, I won't say 'better than Eric'.Cantona is my favourite footballer, my idol.

But Rooney has something else.He's naturally more talented.I know what I mean, I just can't say it!
rooney is immensely talented, hard call between himself and ronaldo about who would be the most talented at united at the moment, i think if we get tevez we will be wondering who is the most talented out of the three of them, not all that arsed though once they are all playing for united.

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Spiffy

Rio and Richardson are English, they have been given a hard time by reds. O'Shea has had a relatively easy run - probably because he's Irish. If Rooney was Irish he'd be the best player we've ever had.
Closed Thread